*Unofficial* 2022 DIScon Fan Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's ok to post this here.. I just saw that D23 is having a Gold Member event the morning of EPCOT'S 40th on 10/1. Tickets are $99 and go on sale tomorrow at 1pm EST. Looks like you can get into the park starting at 7:30am and there's a continental breakfast 9:30-10:45am.

Event includes:
- Complimentary park admission (including reservation) and parking for EPCOT on Saturday, October 1, 2022
- Priority park check-in
- $25 Disney Gift Card to enjoy the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival and commemorative merchandise (or any other Disney dining or retail location of your choice)
- Exclusive Event Credential
- Living with the Land priority line access for one (1) ride during operating hours with your event credential
- Exclusive entry to World ShowPlace for D23 Member Mixer, including continental breakfast, coffee, and photo opportunities

Howdy all.... Little bit of an update:
Thursday, parking available for convention attendees picking up their registration. This is per Deni during the DIS Unplugged podcast, but keep watching the website FAQ and/or DIScon official thread for confirmation. In theory, this means parking should be covered for our unofficial event Thursday evening. If anyone hears otherwise, please let us know.

On Sunday morning, it's looking very likely (EDIT: DEFINITE) that I'll be volunteering/trooping at Give Kids the World (GKtW), so I won't be able to host a "Butterflies and Brunch" on Sunday. However, if anyone else wants to host please post here and I'll add it to the thread.

Last edited:
I hope it's ok to post this here.. I just saw that D23 is having a Gold Member event the morning of EPCOT'S 40th on 10/1. Tickets are $99 and go on sale tomorrow at 1pm EST. Looks like you can get into the park starting at 7:30am and there's a continental breakfast 9:30-10:45am.

Event includes:
- Complimentary park admission (including reservation) and parking for EPCOT on Saturday, October 1, 2022
- Priority park check-in
- $25 Disney Gift Card to enjoy the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival and commemorative merchandise (or any other Disney dining or retail location of your choice)
- Living with the Land priority line access for one (1) ride during operating hours with your event credential
- Exclusive entry to World ShowPlace for D23 Member Mixer, including continental breakfast, coffee, and photo opportunities

Thanks for the head's up! Hopefully, I can snag a ticket before they all sell out. 🤞

Event includes:
- Priority park check-in
That seems like a good deal. If I didn't already have a park ticket for that day I would try to get this.

That seems like a good deal. If I didn't already have a park ticket for that day I would try to get this.
I believe it's already sold out... but maybe they'll offer a second round of tickets... due to guest demand. ;) :D

Hi everyone! I'm so sad to share that I won't be coming down to physically join you. However, I will keep this thread/ first port up to date and continue to serve if any "Hurricane Parties" or other unofficial events are planned here.

To that end, here's some meet-up updates:
- Danielle will host the Coronado Rooftop Bar gathering on Friday night 8pm onwards. If there's fireworks, great! If not, there's still awesome company and drinks to enjoy!

- I cancelled the Sunrise run, but if others want to take on hosting... let me know.

- I don't have FaceBook, but I expect the Monorail will be impacted since they won't be running the monorail in the tropical / storm force winds. If folks have an update, I'll keep the first post updated.

Please feel welcome to continue to this thread as a community resource for event planning or sharing resources. If you'd like to comment on storm prep and travel plans, I think the Weather Planning thread would be ideal. There's also a very conversant thread on "Parks and Strategies" forum about storm planning.

I will miss y'all! See you in the chatterati!!

Hi everyone! I'm so sad to share that I won't be coming down to physically join you. However, I will keep this thread/ first port up to date and continue to serve if any "Hurricane Parties" or other unofficial events are planned here.

To that end, here's some meet-up updates:
- Danielle will host the Coronado Rooftop Bar gathering on Friday night 8pm onwards. If there's fireworks, great! If not, there's still awesome company and drinks to enjoy!

- I cancelled the Sunrise run, but if others want to take on hosting... let me know.

- I don't have FaceBook, but I expect the Monorail will be impacted since they won't be running the monorail in the tropical / storm force winds. If folks have an update, I'll keep the first post updated.

Please feel welcome to continue to this thread as a community resource for event planning or sharing resources. If you'd like to comment on storm prep and travel plans, I think the Weather Planning thread would be ideal. There's also a very conversant thread on "Parks and Strategies" forum about storm planning.

I will miss y'all! See you in the chatterati!!

Did I hear that OKW Lover was having a hurricane party?

Hey DISers, Like many of you, I'm so saddened not to join you in Orlando this week. Then I realized that we are very creative and resourced community, and all may not be lost if we can't connect in person.

Does anyone have a YouTube or other open chat space for us to gather digitally to hang out together? A Digital/Virtual hurricane party? Maybe we could virtually hang out Thursday night in a chat space. Any ideas whether we could accomplish this?

Boosting this thread in case anyone is on campus and wants to meet up tomorrow.

I haven't heard ideas on how to set up a virtual or digital unofficial gathering, so I won't worry about that. Since there will be a postponed event in 2023, perhaps we'll see each other then. Sending love and support for all those working on storm recovery now.

For those of us who are/will be at Disney this weekend, I will still host at Dalia Lounge on Friday at 8ish pm. I still want to go on the Monorail Crawl so is anyone still up for it? If so, please let me know for either. OKW Lover, please let me know your plans, I have something for you.

I also plan on going to Epcot on Sat so if anyone wants to go, please let me know as well.

I changed the layout of the first post to move unofficial social events to the very top of the first post. If folks decide they want to do a meet up, I'll keep the first post up to date with info.

I saw there was a question in the official con details thread about meeting up at EPCOT, or if there's other DISers around that want to connect. Please feel welcome to use this thread as well.
I also heard last night that the monorail crawl being coordinated by the Facebook group was cancelled, but I suggest confirming with the Facebook group if they are rescheduling elsewhere. The rooftop meet-up tonight at the Coronado Dahlia (8pm-ish) is confirmed as a go. Thank you Danielle for hosting!!

Thank you all very much for participating in thread. Now that DIScon 2022 & events is concluded, I think we can close this thread to further replies. (Also, I'm a fan of preventing zombie-necro-threads to arise well after the purpose of the thread is done.)

Thank you mods for your help and all you do! Thank you DISers for your community spirit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter