Unlisted Wedding Locations?

Melanie_Ravenswood

Earning My Ears
A little while back, there was a couple that had their ceremony on the savannah at AK and a reception at Fort Wilderness. Neither of these locations are on the website and DFTW has definitely tried to downplay/conceal the couple's ceremony location on the blog.

To me, this says that there are more locations that DFTW are willing to allow ceremonies on, but they don't want a stampede of brides in locations that can't handle it. So, where are some locations, especially in-park, that are possibly available?

I have a list and photos of every venue that's ever been used for a WDW wedding here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/wdw-venue-photos/

While it's true that Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings does not have all of these locations listed on their website, and that they generally steer couples toward the venues that are easiest for them to use logistically, they are not trying to conceal any of these locations. In fact, they made a big deal out of the Safari platform space when they introduced it. However, it has so many restrictions—not the least of which is a 15-guest max—that it is just not that popular a venue for a ceremony. Generally, the in-park venues are the most difficult for DFTW to use. They have to get permission from the park, and events at many of these locations cannot take place until 2 hours after closing or well before opening. This makes them less than ideal for people who want a traditional wedding timeline.

Thanks for the list! I noticed Animal Kingdom Lodge wasn't on the list. Is that just due to a lack of previous weddings or is it too logistically complicated?

Legend has it that they only did a couple of Animal Kingdom Lodge weddings back when it first opened before they realized that the proximity to a bunch of pungent animals was not ideal for a ceremony venue. I think it's probably a bit of that and a bit of the logistics. DFTW only does events at locations that have catering facilities now.

Can you see the castle from Commander’s Terrace at Gf? I know it's the bad weather backup but I think I would prefer this to hr other memories venues, as it looks more private?

No, Commander's Terrace faces the Polynesian, with the Grand Floridian Villas blocking part of the view.

It's a smoking area off the second floor of the GF lobby. It is not currently offered as an option for weddings, though they did dust it off recently when all the beaches were closed due to the alligator tragedy. You may have a tough row to hoe trying to get them to let you use it.

It's a smoking area off the second floor of the GF lobby. It is not currently offered as an option for weddings, though they did dust it off recently when all the beaches were closed due to the alligator tragedy. You may have a tough row to hoe trying to get them to let you use it.
I see, why is it they use all the smoking areas put me off thinking there might be ashtrays lerking in photos. I'd be happy with location at Gf and this as bad weather option if we go for memories.

Yeah, it is weird how so many of the Memories locations are also smoking locations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter