Universal Studios Hollywood on a HHN

figment_jii

DIS Veteran
I went to Universal Studios for the first time on a HHN last weekend (Sat) and it was an interesting experience. Most of the rides stop admitting day guests at 5:30 pm even though the park technically closes at 6:00 pm. We didn't know this beforehand and, while it wouldn't have changed our plans, it was a bit different from what I'm used to at DCA. So, this is something to keep in mind if you're going on a HHN; don't plan to slip into a ride line at 5:45 pm!

The morning was okay in terms of crowds, but by lunch the lines were really long (most things were running from 1.5 to 3 hours). We liked Harry Potter, but the rest of the park was kind of "meh". It reminded me a lot of Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in that it had a lot of rides for pre-teens and up and a few for little kids (6 and under), but not as much for the 7 to 11 age group (a bit to old for the "kiddy" rides (e.g., Minions, Pets), but a bit to young for the thrill rides (e.g., Mummy)). Overall it was an interesting experience; not one I would repeat, but interesting nonetheless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter