Universal Studios Germany seems to get build

Megatoby

Earning My Ears
Have A Great Morning Everyone!
Mine must be as bright as the sun down there in Florida, though it is somewhat cloudy here...;) *coughs*

I heard a couple of moments ago, that a German radio station reported in their newsshow, that Diller,(Earl) & Co (in Fact the big Vivendi Universal guys) gave the Green Light for this particular huge project here in Western Germany.
As some of you maybe already heard of this story, I tell you the short one this time...

VivendiUniversal had to make a final decission by 12/31/02 or the current land-owner Thyssen Krupp would sell the land which is equal in size to the Orlando Resort (maybe a bit smaller) off to someone else.

Now we are all waiting for the official final Go form Vivendi Universal. Looks like we got that, trusting that local radio station... :confused:

Someone got more info about that ?

I don't understand how they can build a park in China and now Germany if Vivendi is broke and out of cash.
Where do they come up with a couple billion?
Wow, if they have this much money, why don't they put an IOA next to USH?

They dont spend all the money on their own. They are looking for inverstors. With around 100 investors it is possible to build somehting this huge and expensive - even if you don't have enough money.
It is most likely that Universal will give only its name and will invest a verry little money. The rest comes from other investors.

BTW, Earl and others, do you know anything(!) about this?

Well, they want (and need) to establish resorts around the globe.
Disney works ok in France. People love it and are astonished. (Disney is obviously better than any local amusemt or themepark).
So, with Universal building a resort here in Europe as well, we'll probably see the same "battle" between Disney and Universal here as in Orlando...

Only SeaWorld is still.. missing :jester:

Originally posted by robvia

I think it also has to do with space. Is there enough space near USH to support another park? If there is a parking lot, they can do it like Disneyland and put the California Adventure there.

FYI,

Tokyo DisneySea was only financed by Disney a small portion of the total costs, a Japanese company (can't remember the name) invested the rest.

>>>Is there enough space near USH to support another park?<<<

No. In fact, part of USH is built ON TOP of it's parking decks!

I just heard today that the US China is a definite. I hadn't heard anything about US Germany till just now.

Universal China has been definite for a while now. Germany has been an on again/off again rumor that is amplified by many conversations and pieces of artwork that were done with the "it would be really cool if we could do this" frame of mind.

I'm searching for some more info on the Germany greenlight, but if Universal has indeed decided to build in Germany, the theme park wars just got a heck of a lot more interesting.

Well, another 24 hours went by and I didn't see any press releases, any newspaper reports, or anything written about this.

Let's hope the radio station didn't make the news on their own. A pice of hope may be that antoher radio station is reported to have received word about USG getting the greenlight and reporting 'bout that as well.

One thing seems to be important: Even if this project gets the green light by VivendiUniversal it doesnt automatically mean it does get build. First the politicians over here have to sort everything out etc.

They make it REALLY complicate to build something as big here in Germany. (especially interesting are the "small" people who are against USG just because they live in the neighborhood and don't know anything about Universal or their Themeparks....:mad:

Germany has been an on again/off again rumor that is amplified by many conversations and pieces of artwork that were done with the "it would be really cool if we could do this" frame of mind.

pheneix, can you be so kind and describe what you've seen? You can't scan any of this artwork or anything ? ;) Would be cool, though:smooth:

>>>pheneix, can you be so kind and describe what you've seen?<<<

It's all floating around on the internet, actually. In fact, Screamscape ran a piece of artwork on their site several months ago. You can probably try a Google image search to get the artwork.

Overseas parks are not typically a huge out-of-pocket expense for any named park. Disney does not own Euro Disney. There are others who do major investing and purchase rights or pay managenent fees.

a Japanese company (can't remember the name) invested the rest.
Oriental Land Company paid the majority of the dollars for both parks. That is why they are FAR superior to our MK.

It just shows what Disney can do with other people's money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest