• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal or Islands of Adventure?

bettyboop2002

Earning My Ears
we have a 7 year old and a 10 year old. we're staying at
wdw and want to spend one day at either Universal or Islands of
adventure. which would you suggest?

It depends, IOA has some great thrill rides, if your kids are into that then I reccomend IOA, if they like shows I would say universal.

see the thread GRINCHMAS??? before you count IOA out of your decision making process:smooth:

Oh, tough choice. We just returned from a trip with our kids, ages 12 and 7. They both like simulator rides and my youngest one will go on things like the Jurassic Park ride but was scared to death of Jaws and earthquake. I would choose IOA:) .

Whichever park you choise US or IOA, everyone will have a great time. If I had to choose, I'd probably choose IOA particularly for the kids; with roller coasters and the Spiderman ride that kids love. Keep in mind that the Hulk and Doeling Dragons have a height requirement of 52 inches. If the kids aren't tall enough, they might be disappointed. But overall, IOA is a more exciting park.

My boys, 8. 11 & 13 loved IOA and so did I. The youngest could not do Hulk or DD, but loved everything else. The oldest was quite bored with US.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter