Universal Hollywood Friday or Saturday?

tizzower

Earning My Ears
Looking at taking an Uber for my family from Disneyland to Universal on a weekend in July. Looks like it opens at 9am both days. Is one day better than the other for the actual traveling? Like, would we need to be in the car earlier on Friday, or would it even matter? Looking to save money and time wherever I can.

I wouldn't recommend taking an Uber from DLR to Universal during rush hour traffic on a Friday morning if you're looking to save money. That is a 35 mile trip from DLR to USH and I'm guessing the pricing for that time of day would be absolutely outrageous.

(Personally, I wouldn't recommend taking a 35 mile rideshare on any day, but if you have to choose, make it Saturday.)

Car rental for 1 day might end up being a more cost effective option for you - surge pricing can be ridiculous.

Traveling is better on Saturday morning. But, Saturday will be more crowded than Friday at USH by a lot. Expect long wait times...like 2 hours or more, for Jurassic World and 60-90 minutes for most other attractions. Friday would be less crowded (still long waits though since it's summer) but the morning traffic would be horrible that time of morning.

Just FYI. On a Friday, if you leave Disneyland around 9am, the traffic won't be too bad and you will arrive to USH with PLENTY of time to basically do the whole park. You need only 6-8 hours for this park on a weekday.

What about Easter Saturday versus Easter Sunday? Looks like I may not arrive in LA till Good Friday now.....which is likely to be busier?

I would go on a Saturday for better traffic then buy their Fastlane to deal with the crowds. Their unlimited line fastlane pass is excellent.

I'm toying with fastlane but over Easter prices to get in are already a phenomenal amount....with Fastlane it's closing in on $300pp, not sure I can justify that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter