Universal Covid Protocols

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macb1

Earning My Ears
Universal has nothing on Disney when it comes to social distancing, masks, etc. They are rarely enforcing anything and they are seating everyone next to each other on rides, not separating groups. Their line queues don’t seem to be managed very well either. Has anyone else experienced this or is this a one off? Thanks

Universal announced about a week ago that they were going from 6' to 3' distancing & would begin filling all seats & opening single rider lines. We are here now - been here since Sunday - & they have been very strict on masks being over mouth AND nose & only eating & drinking when stationary. Perhaps you didn't see the recent announcement on the changes?

ETA: They aren't actually filling all seats all the time but leaving themselves the option to do so if lines get long. Hubby & I have only been seated next to others on Transformers so far & it was midday & the line was over an hour - not sure exactly what " triggers" seating unrelated parties side-by-side.

Last edited:
Universal's been very strict on the masks, even under the new system. Disney announced today they are going to 3ft and likely no separation on some of the rides (not all) very soon, I.e. doing the same as Universal.

Throughout the pandemic, there have been vocal critics of one park over the other at rates that make it obviously more unique to the guest than the overall experience. People have complained about the lines at Disney spilling into thoroughfares making it impossible to distance. Plenty of guests behaving poorly at both and just hoping to get away with it. If you are uncomfortable with crowds then theme parks in Florida during a pandemic might not be a good fit.

Also, the majority of Universal's lines are indoors out of the sun & have been very well managed all during our visit this week.

Universal announced about a week ago that they were going from 6' to 3' distancing & would begin filling all seats & opening single rider lines. We are here now - been here since Sunday - & they have been very strict on masks being over mouth AND nose & only eating & drinking when stationary. Perhaps you didn't see the recent announcement on the changes?

ETA: They aren't actually filling all seats all the time but leaving themselves the option to do so if lines get long. Hubby & I have only been seated next to others on Transformers so far & it was midday & the line was over an hour - not sure exactly what " triggers" seating unrelated parties side-by-side.
Ok, I didn’t see the announcement. I have noticed more their enforcement of the masks as the day goes on. Not sure if I’m ready to ride with other people right next to me though but I’m glad you said it’s policy now, makes sense. Thank you for all your help

Disney and Universal should get rid off all the plexiglass in queues and rides. They not only doesn't prevent people to catch covid, they doesn't allow proper ventilation which is the main way to prevent contagion...

Ok, I didn’t see the announcement. I have noticed more their enforcement of the masks as the day goes on. Not sure if I’m ready to ride with other people right next to me though but I’m glad you said it’s policy now, makes sense. Thank you for all your help
You're very welcome! It's very recent & hard to keep up with all the changes 👍.

Universal has nothing on Disney when it comes to social distancing, masks, etc. They are rarely enforcing anything and they are seating everyone next to each other on rides, not separating groups. Their line queues don’t seem to be managed very well either. Has anyone else experienced this or is this a one off? Thanks
I already closed the thread you posted in another UO section

Reopening a closed thread has its penalties
Please read what I have in the sticky of guide lines that must be followed for the Disboards

( message from your moderator)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter