Unable to get FP+ for 7DMT at 12.01am et

I talked to 7 different people all used the same lines saying it is a level playing field and that their were aval at midnight they just went real fast one actually couldent believe that their were no fast passes for our entire trip for big thunder

Technically, they're right. You and every other on site guest whose window opened last night had the exact same chance of securing a fast pass.

Problem is, the person whose 60 day window opened a week ago and who is staying for 10 days had last night available to them to book long before you did.

If you can't find them before your trip, you have several options left. Use rope drop, stay late or just use the stand by. It's not a busy time of year.

You do realize there are lines at Universal also don't you? The HP attraction is also recently expanded so will have crowds.

I also don't understand all the talk on this forum about how you can't go on a ride without a fastpass. What do you think all those people in the standby line are doing?

Why does everyone act like they won't be able to visit an attraction because they didn't get a fastpass? The wait time right now (middle of the day) for 7DMT is only 50 mins. Is waiting in a line for 50 mins ideal? Not really but, it's not the end of the world either. If it is truly the one thing you really wanted to do and you're going to be there for 3 days, you can definitely swing this.

That's a good point. I complain about FP availability too, but I sometimes forget I waited 3 1/2 hours to ride Indiana Jones at Disneyland the year it opened and legacy fastpass hadn't even been invented yet.

I was really disappointed. I stayed up to get my kids one ride on 7DMT and when I was allowed in at 12.01am et there was no availability for my dates at all. We are only there for 3 days for my birthday and I couldn't believe everything was already gone. I didn't want A&E or anything, just the mine train as it is new. I even tried going in one person at a time and still there was absolutely nothing. I'm super disappointed, and if this is what it's like to get a FP I bet the lines could be over 90 minutes to 2 hours or more, just like when Toy Story opened. I thought staying on site would give me a small advantage, apparently not. I'm really done with this whole FP+ rubbish. I'm going to enjoy my 2 days at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter instead. Really sad:(

I just did our 3rd of FPs for our MK days last night.

I was only able to score one set of SDMT.

Last night at 12:00 there was nothing for SDMT and even Big Thunder was booked????? That was for November 14th.

Oh well - I have gotten at least one of everything I wanted (except A&E of course).

Tonight is the last night I have to stay up to midnight out of the last 10! :badpc:

A throwaway campsite got me a 60 day booking window, but cost me a lot of sleep!! :rotfl2:

I'm sure this has been asked in other fastpass threads (which I tend to avoid), and it does no good for the OP, but: Could someone who only plans on vacationing for three days book a ten day trip, open their window on day sixty (which is really days 68-70 for the final three days), wait ten days, and then cancel the first seven days of their trip, essentially booking FPs for the three days they really want to travel 70, rather than 60, days in advance?

but after being on the phone for over an hour and a half they kept telling me it is a level playing field and everybody weather staying one or fifteen nights are treated the same and valued the same for Disney

i would say that technically it is a level playing field for those checking in on the same day, no matter your length of stay. but what is hurting you is the length of your stay being so short you can't get to the days that are still available that those with a longer length of stay can get. the days that you are on-site were taken by those that are checking in ahead of you and still there when you arrive. so by that standard it isn't exactly a level playing field.

i am waiting for the day that my prediction when the fp system started all those years ago comes true. one day disney will ask you ahead of time what attractions you want to do and then plan your whole day itinerary for and give you list with times for your attractions for each day of your vacation.

Don't give up. I didn't get 7DMT at the 60 mark, but i now have 4 FPs for it on two different days. It will become available if you just keep checking.

Why does everyone act like they won't be able to visit an attraction because they didn't get a fastpass? The wait time right now (middle of the day) for 7DMT is only 50 mins. Is waiting in a line for 50 mins ideal? Not really but, it's not the end of the world either. If it is truly the one thing you really wanted to do and you're going to be there for 3 days, you can definitely swing this.

The ride is 90 seconds. It is an OK ride, just not on par on any level with Diagon Alley, so even waiting 50 minutes for it is too long.

Having RD 60 days out and still not getting a FP+ at opening would make me happy. I keep hearing from CM's FP+ came about because people were mad all the FP+ were gone by 10 AM. This is worse.

Do your kids like to stay up late? The 7D line can get very short near the end of the day. You may even find that they can ride more than once in a fairly short time period.

This is what I'm counting on. After reading all the threads of people not getting 7D I have prepared myself for not getting them. But we are going to the MVMCP and the only child that can't ride is the only one that possibly won't stay up to midnight (these days he's staying up later than everyone). So we will hope for 30 mins or less around 10:30 -11:00. Of course I get to child swap so I will not be standing in anyone's line. :cool1: Don't tell my mom I said that or she may suddenly volunteer to watch the baby while I do the waiting.

The ride is 90 seconds. It is an OK ride, just not on par on any level with Diagon Alley, so even waiting 50 minutes for it is too long.

Having RD 60 days out and still not getting a FP+ at opening would make me happy. I keep hearing from CM's FP+ came about because people were mad all the FP+ were gone by 10 AM. This is worse.

That was our complaint- perhaps not completely out by 10 am, but scheduled so late in the day they might as well have been for us. It also made park hopping difficult if not impossible because by 5-6 pm, they most definitely were sold out.

So for us, fp+ is a huge improvement. There's no system that will work best for everyone.

That was our complaint- perhaps not completely out by 10 am, but scheduled so late in the day they might as well have been for us. It also made park hopping difficult if not impossible because by 5-6 pm, they most definitely were sold out.

So for us, fp+ is a huge improvement. There's no system that will work best for everyone.

I'm not sure how a zero % chance of getting a FP+ is better than a small % chance. Anything is better than nothing.

I'm sure this has been asked in other fastpass threads (which I tend to avoid), and it does no good for the OP, but: Could someone who only plans on vacationing for three days book a ten day trip, open their window on day sixty (which is really days 68-70 for the final three days), wait ten days, and then cancel the first seven days of their trip, essentially booking FPs for the three days they really want to travel 70, rather than 60, days in advance?

I was wondering this also :confused3 Anyone know the answer to this :confused3

I'm not sure how a zero % chance of getting a FP+ is better than a small % chance. Anything is better than nothing.

There was no small chance- by 5-6 in the evening, you weren't going to get fp's for the popular rides. With this system I have up to 60 days to try and get them. All the watching and stalking in the world wasn't getting us a legacy in the evenings or early mornings unless we rope dropped and ran.

But we are are getting them. We didn't need a&e although there was at least one day we could've gotten them. And we didn't book our reservations till July for our end of August trip- within the 60 days and they've both been relatively short trips- 4 days in August, 5 this trip.

We've used the system twice and it's worked for us. As I said, it doesn't for everyone, but nothing does.

::yes::

People act like they can't ride the popular rides if they don't get a FP+. Just wait in line and ride, if it's something you really want to do. It's really not that big of a deal.

Agreed. If you're booking FP+ at 60 days right now you are looking at the week prior to Thanksgiving which has crowd levels in the 2's and 3's almost all week which is very similar to what they have right now.

If you hit 7DMT at rope drop or below closing you can likely do it via standby with a wait of less than 30 minutes and on the right days (recommended) you can still do it with a wait under an hour.

The other factor in low-crowd times is the lowered capacity of the attractions. Disney isn't going to release the same number of FP+ reservations for mid-November that it will for Christmas/New Year's week. Luckily, the standby wait times shouldn't be too bad in mid-November, but that won't comfort those who feel like they've "missed out" on FP+ reservations.

Our FP window opened over the weekend. I got online about 12:15 and got 7DMR 3 different days and got A&E once. I was even able to move the 7DMR times around the next day w/o any issues!
I think it just depends on when you're traveling. We will be there the middle of Nov. so it's not as crowded. I also think some people, for whatever reason, seem to get more glitches when they try to use MDE. Like if you and I were both online at the same time trying to get FPs, one of us might not see open times, and one of us would.

Hope some FPs open up for your trip!

The other factor in low-crowd times is the lowered capacity of the attractions. Disney isn't going to release the same number of FP+ reservations for mid-November that it will for Christmas/New Year's week. Luckily, the standby wait times shouldn't be too bad in mid-November, but that won't comfort those who feel like they've "missed out" on FP+ reservations.

This could be a factor. But I think there is more at play here.

I have FPs for 4 on Big Thunder on Friday Nov 7th. If I look to change the time of them there is LOTS of availability throughout the entire day.

But on Friday Nov 14th there is ZERO availability of Big Thunder the ENTIRE day. Not even for a single, when I tried to book it last night.

It's probably being ignored for obvious reasons.

You want to buy a 10 day pass for that? If so, knock yourself out.

Who said anything about a 10 day pass? Plenty of annual pass holders would have that exact question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!