*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@WebmasterJohn just posted this in the official event thread.

I’m glad we get to see what everyone has planned before the booking open.

Now just fingers crossed the opening time isn’t the middle of the night for me.

Although who am I kidding if it ends up being 2am UK I’ll be up, jacked up on caffeine and twitchy, but up.
I totally get the reasoning for having "skin in the game." I wish I would've realized earlier though because I probably wouldn't have upgraded the hotel room (really I shouldn't have upgraded either way, but I don't always think logically when Disney is involved :rolleyes1 ). Ah well, I will just have to stick to the cheaper ones and maybe not as many as I was thinking.

Hey the team could earn a $50 donation if a team member wants to be my substitute Uber driver to and from GKTW on the 12th! With tip the ride over there and back is a tad pricey.

Okay, the Force was with me and I'm registered for the MM on 08/08, which gets us entry to DAK at 6pm.

As time allows, I think I'll join our Unofficial Skycrawl for a delicious libation and social butterflying before heading to DAK for 6pm.

Now.... what to plan to wear. (More DAK theme fun!) Maybe I should consider LED wire..... hmmm....

I think we were posting at the same time so just wanted to make sure you saw my last post - plan is still to have both Pre-Parites ... just will have to leave the park form Nomad Lounge before we can go back in. So will be more of just a place to meet up with people earlier in the evening if you want and then go with them to the front of the park and get in the holding area together after showing our credentials, etc.

One reason we might do that one is just to get to AK before the Disney buses stop and then we are there

While I love the idea not sure Disney is cool with Tailgating ... I mean, we could try though :thumbsup2

Yay on still having the in park meet up and yay on me using Tailgate correctly.

Perfect well I’ll should be at the in park one as I rather be super early than a little bit late.

Okay, the Force was with me and I'm registered for the MM on 08/08, which gets us entry to DAK at 6pm.

As time allows, I think I'll join our Unofficial Skycrawl for a delicious libation and social butterflying before heading to DAK for 6pm.

Now.... what to plan to wear. (More DAK theme fun!) Maybe I should consider LED wire..... hmmm....

Glad you got registered!

I've been thinking about what to wear as well - actually thought about LED as well. I think for the Party I might just wear this t-shirt I found (still need to order though):

Well, after staring intently at my phone for over an hour (so much for being productive at work) I’m registered for MM with three tickets available. Since I know no one personally, is there a way we should handle giving these out fairly? I mean I’d LOVE to auction them off to cover whatever Pete has planned but Jiminy Cricket is looking at me sideways 😆

Well, after staring intently at my phone for over an hour (so much for being productive at work) I’m registered for MM with three tickets available. Since I know no one personally, is there a way we should handle giving these out fairly? I mean I’d LOVE to auction them off to cover whatever Pete has planned but Jiminy Cricket is looking at me sideways 😆

Now that people have registered I could update the posting on the first page with who is signed up and how many open spots they have and then sort of first come/first serve

I could add a waiting list too

Would that work, or do people have a better idea for handling this?

Now that people have registered I could update the posting on the first page with who is signed up and how many open spots they have and then sort of first come/first serve

I could add a waiting list too

Would that work, or do people have a better idea for handling this?
I got registered for the MM as well. I gave my extra 2 tickets to someone on the Facebook page.

Well as I said to @Carma3 I would love a spot if there’s one going begging and someone was kind enough to take me -

I am happy to pay in confectionary and I’m talking the good stuff from the UK.

***** Schedule of Events - use for your planning! *****

Hi everyone - as this is the week many of us at book FastPasses, I put together a spreadsheet of a schedule for the week that includes park hours for each day and the Official and *Un*Official events (as much as I know).

I have attached it here as a zip file (only way I could figure out how to do it) and pasted it as an image below and will also attach it to the Facebook group.

Feel free to download it (or I can send it to you if you have issues) and adjust for your own schedules (remove and add events, put in your fastpass and ADR times, etc.)

A few notes:
- I am proposing the Bar Crawl be "happy hour time" on Thursday, August 8th. Seemed the most open and will still allow time for people to head to dinner after or to the nighttime shows or to the DVC event at Animal Kingdom ... I'll post separately to update everyone that has shown interest
- I moved the "pre-party" events up 1 hour. I saw in the official thread someone asked about transportation to Animal Kingdom for the party and John mentioned that Disney transportation wills top running when the park closes for the regular day - which is 9pm, so I figured the pre-party at Vitoria Lounge at Animal Kingdom Lodge needs to end by then at the latest if people want to take the Disney bus to the park for the party (I did add in a slot fo transport to Animal Kingdom)

If anyone has any thoughts on a better way to organize things let me know. If anyone sees any info missing or incorrect, let me know. For a few events I wasn't sure who the contact person was so if you see one listed as "TBD" and want to be the contact person, let me know!!! TIA

Thanks,
Phil

View attachment 405971

***** /end Schedule of Events - use for your planning! *****

Hi Phil,
in the excel you have us doing the backstage magic tour on tuesday august 6th
but we're actually going on that tour on tuesday august 13

Hi Phil,
in the excel you have us doing the backstage magic tour on tuesday august 6th
but we're actually going on that tour on tuesday august 13

oops, thanks for that!

I've updated that and a few other small changes and have attached the updated spreadsheet to the first post on the first page - I figure I will try to keep the most current version there

@Tiggerette - I updated the info on it regarding the Victoria Lounge pre-party to match your plans. I show it with a "pre-pre party" form 7 to 8 and then the "Get Your Glow On" party starting at 8pm and then moved the "transport to AK" to a separate column. Let me know if this works

oops, thanks for that!

I've updated that and a few other small changes and have attached the updated spreadsheet to the first post on the first page - I figure I will try to keep the most current version there

@Tiggerette - I updated the info on it regarding the Victoria Lounge pre-party to match your plans. I show it with a "pre-pre party" form 7 to 8 and then the "Get Your Glow On" party starting at 8pm and then moved the "transport to AK" to a separate column. Let me know if this works

thanks for the updated excel...
it's so helpful in trying to figure out where to fit things in...

but even with that great excel i still think my brain may explode..
chani and i were trying to figure out our FPs today..
in truth, we couldn't even figure out which park to go to on any given day...
the biggest stumbling block is not knowing what the official events will be..

thanks for the updated excel...
it's so helpful in trying to figure out where to fit things in...

but even with that great excel i still think my brain may explode..
chani and i were trying to figure out our FPs today..
in truth, we couldn't even figure out which park to go to on any given day...
the biggest stumbling block is not knowing what the official events will be..

Fully agree - I am only really planning on days I know we will be in given parks (MK on the 7th as we have the breakfast, etc) and then the one FP my wife asked for is Slinky Dog so we are planning on that for Sat morning as, at least in the past, they didn't do events day of the big party as they had prep for the

Just trying to be flexible otherwise

Fully agree - I am only really planning on days I know we will be in given parks (MK on the 7th as we have the breakfast, etc) and then the one FP my wife asked for is Slinky Dog so we are planning on that for Sat morning as, at least in the past, they didn't do events day of the big party as they had prep for the

Just trying to be flexible otherwise

we have the second week - after the event is over....but with only a week, we're just so stressed...
coming from so far away, we now only manage to get to WDW about every 3 or 4 years (if we're lucky), so we tend to get overwhelmed at trying to fit in all our favorites and still make room for the new (slinky dog)

regarding alien saucers - anyone know if it's bad for those with motion sickness?

we have the second week - after the event is over....but with only a week, we're just so stressed...
coming from so far away, we now only manage to get to WDW about every 3 or 4 years (if we're lucky), so we tend to get overwhelmed at trying to fit in all our favorites and still make room for the new (slinky dog)

regarding alien saucers - anyone know if it's bad for those with motion sickness?

I can only imagine. We are lucky as we get there about once a year so if it was only every 3-4 years I am sure I would be stressed!

As far as AS2 I is a very whipping motion vs a jostling simulator or something so not sure the best thing to compare it to. I would think if you are very prone to motion sickness it might cause issues but is a different motion than other rides

I can only imagine. We are lucky as we get there about once a year so if it was only every 3-4 years I am sure I would be stressed!

As far as AS2 I is a very whipping motion vs a jostling simulator or something so not sure the best thing to compare it to. I would think if you are very prone to motion sickness it might cause issues but is a different motion than other rides
Whipping motion is exactly right! Have you ever been to an older amusement park or boardwalk that has a ride called the whip where it goes in an oval and when it goes around the turns it whips you pretty fast. That’s what this is. I imagine it might be a little tough with motion issues.

Is there anyone that would be willing to head the Miniature Golf Tournament? Unfortunately, I have to back out as the leader of this event. If nobody wants to take over, this event will be canceled. I highly recommend you still go miniature golfing if you were planning to do so during your vacation! I’m really sorry everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!