*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget all the time too since I'm new to the AP thing, especially when buying merch. A CM told me that theyre supposed to always ask if you are an AP, but they only seem to 50% of the time or less.

I can see in Disney Springs where they may not ask or don't want to ask because they are not Disney owned stores and want to keep sales up. I bought a Dooney & Bourke purse in Oct and I handed the clerk my AP and my Disney Visa and she wouldn't let me use the Visa card to pay for it. I was like "Huh?" There was no way I was going to forget my discount on that purchase and I wanted the VISA points for it too since it was a $200+ sale. She had to get a manager over to "approve" it. I did forget to use the AP discount at Sephora for a makeup purchase that was $75 though, ugh.

bought a Dooney & Bourke purse in Oct and I handed the clerk my AP and my Disney Visa and she wouldn't let me use the Visa card to pay for it. I was like "Huh?" There was no way I was going to forget my discount on that purchase and I wanted the VISA points for it too since it was a $200+ sale. She had to get a manager over to "approve" it.
There is a CM that needs additional training.

I forget all the time too since I'm new to the AP thing, especially when buying merch. A CM told me that theyre supposed to always ask if you are an AP, but they only seem to 50% of the time or less.

They are very good about asking at Disneyland ... almost like they are trying to find an excuse to give you a discount (and, to be fair, much higher % of guests there are AP holders) - but I agree, about 50/50 in WDW - I do try to ask basically anywhere if they do AP, or Disney Visa, etc. discounts

Is anyone buying a Disney Dining Plan for the event?

We will have the Disney Dining Plan![/QUOTE]
My wife and I actually were able to get FREE Dining for the first time (probably the last too o_O) We upgraded to the regular DDP. We found the convenience of the DDP is something we appreciate. Do we save money...…..probably we just break even.....at best. However, for us since we book so far in advance we've saved to cover any ADR we choose not to put on the DDP. We also love the snack credits :D

Doug :goofy:

***** Overall Update and Reminder *****

Hi everyone, just thought I would post a quick status up and just reminder of what is known/unknown about official activities, unofficial ones, and events going on at Disney (or rumors) for when we will be there

Official DIS Events/Activities:
- Transportation after the Pandora Party: An e-mail went out to everyone who registered for the party about signing up for bus transportation back to Disney hotels - $10/person. If you didn't get the e-mail, reach out to John
- Auction Donation Items: Main thread has a link for registering what items you want to donate. On the DIS Unplugged Show this week they mentioned that they are likely to have a cutoff of July 1st for when they would need to receive items for. The link does mention you can wait to bring them with you if you are attending, but on the show Teresa mentioned she would prefer if you send them earlier
- Live Podcast: Reminder there will be a live podcast you can attend on Sunday - exact timing not set but John said it won't be too early as they need to recover form Pandora party. Expected to be at Contemporary
- Events during the week: Still to be scheduled, Pete mentioned on podcast this week they are working on their ideas and should have more info relatively soon
- Patreon Event: Pete also mentioned there will be an event that week exclusive to Patreon members (no further details at this time)

Disney Events and Rumors:
- Skyliner: Yesterday it was reported that they were testing the DHS line with people in it. While Disney still hasn't updated their opening timeframe of "Fall" but all signs are pointing to this being open early, most assuredly prior to when Galaxy's Edge opens on Aug 29th. I think much more likely than not it will be open for when we are there - don't hold me to it as no guarantees but I think we will get the "Bucket Crawl" in
- Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway: Latest rumor on this one is that there have been some technical issues and might not open until 2020. I would not expect/plan for this to be open when we are there
- Disney Villains After Hours at Magic Kingdom Event: Hard Ticket event planed for Thursdays in the Summer, with last date being Thursday, August 8th, so the week many of us will be there. Cost is $125/person
- Circle of Flavors: Harambe at Night Progressive Dining Event at Animal Kingdom: special dining event at Animal Kingdom held on Wednesdays this summer and fall, including Wednesday, August 7th @6pm. Cost is $125/Adult and $99/child - theme park admission required
- DVC Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom: Scheduled for Thursday, August 8th (can be booked starting June 5th)

UnOfficial Events:
Obviously a number of them are still pending, but some events to keep in mind as you think about other events you may want to do, including those listed above:
- Wed 8/7 @ 10am: Breakfast in MK
- Wed 8/7 4pm - 7pm: Unofficial Welcome party, poolside at POP
- Thurs 8/8 PPO - Solo Breakfast at EPCOT @ Garden Grill
- Fri 8/9 @ 8:30: Hoop Dee Doo Review
- Sat 8/10 8pm - 10pm: Pre-parties at Nomad Lounge and Victoria Falls

Please let me know of any questions! Most events have more details found on the first page of this thread - if anything is wrong or missing, please let me know. Thanks!

***** /End Overall Update and Reminder *****

***** Overall Update and Reminder *****

Hi everyone, just thought I would post a quick status up and just reminder of what is known/unknown about official activities, unofficial ones, and events going on at Disney (or rumors) for when we will be there

Official DIS Events/Activities:
- Transportation after the Pandora Party: An e-mail went out to everyone who registered for the party about signing up for bus transportation back to Disney hotels - $10/person. If you didn't get the e-mail, reach out to John
- Auction Donation Items: Main thread has a link for registering what items you want to donate. On the DIS Unplugged Show this week they mentioned that they are likely to have a cutoff of July 1st for when they would need to receive items for. The link does mention you can wait to bring them with you if you are attending, but on the show Teresa mentioned she would prefer if you send them earlier
- Live Podcast: Reminder there will be a live podcast you can attend on Sunday - exact timing not set but John said it won't be too early as they need to recover form Pandora party. Expected to be at Contemporary
- Events during the week: Still to be scheduled, Pete mentioned on podcast this week they are working on their ideas and should have more info relatively soon
- Patreon Event: Pete also mentioned there will be an event that week exclusive to Patreon members (no further details at this time)

Disney Events and Rumors:
- Skyliner: Yesterday it was reported that they were testing the DHS line with people in it. While Disney still hasn't updated their opening timeframe of "Fall" but all signs are pointing to this being open early, most assuredly prior to when Galaxy's Edge opens on Aug 29th. I think much more likely than not it will be open for when we are there - don't hold me to it as no guarantees but I think we will get the "Bucket Crawl" in
- Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway: Latest rumor on this one is that there have been some technical issues and might not open until 2020. I would not expect/plan for this to be open when we are there
- Disney Villains After Hours at Magic Kingdom Event: Hard Ticket event planed for Thursdays in the Summer, with last date being Thursday, August 8th, so the week many of us will be there. Cost is $125/person
- Circle of Flavors: Harambe at Night Progressive Dining Event at Animal Kingdom: special dining event at Animal Kingdom held on Wednesdays this summer and fall, including Wednesday, August 7th @6pm. Cost is $125/Adult and $99/child - theme park admission required
- DVC Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom: Scheduled for Thursday, August 8th (can be booked starting June 5th)

UnOfficial Events:
Obviously a number of them are still pending, but some events to keep in mind as you think about other events you may want to do, including those listed above:
- Wed 8/7 @ 10am: Breakfast in MK
- Wed 8/7 4pm - 7pm: Unofficial Welcome party, poolside at POP
- Thurs 8/8 PPO - Solo Breakfast at EPCOT @ Garden Grill
- Fri 8/9 @ 8:30: Hoop Dee Doo Review
- Sat 8/10 8pm - 10pm: Pre-parties at Nomad Lounge and Victoria Falls

Please let me know of any questions! Most events have more details found on the first page of this thread - if anything is wrong or missing, please let me know. Thanks!

***** /End Overall Update and Reminder *****

thanks for the update!!
i think i recall another unofficial event that already has a time set - the miniature golf meet.

I am soooooo excited I can't stand myself. I'm finally booked. I'm staying at POP for the first time - 8/7 - 8/12. Now I need to go back through this thread and remember what the unofficial events I signed up for might be. Is there a master list per chance? I know I'm doing the character breakfast at Garden Grill on 7/8 and the nomad lounge thing before the Pandora Party. I think something else.... can't remember.

SUUUUUper excited.

I am soooooo excited I can't stand myself. I'm finally booked. I'm staying at POP for the first time - 8/7 - 8/12. Now I need to go back through this thread and remember what the unofficial events I signed up for might be. Is there a master list per chance? I know I'm doing the character breakfast at Garden Grill on 7/8 and the nomad lounge thing before the Pandora Party. I think something else.... can't remember.

SUUUUUper excited.

Just check the first page, I think 3rd post has the events and everyone who expressed interest in it is listed under each event. You can do ctrl+F and enter your user name to see where it shows up if that is helpful

Hello - what time is the Garden Grill Solo Breakfast? I'm on the list.... can't find the dang thread

I was wondering who was planning on going to the Disney Villains After Hours event on the Thursday Aug 8th. I'm thinking of going; do we want to have it on the event schedule?

I was wondering who was planning on going to the Disney Villains After Hours event on the Thursday Aug 8th. I'm thinking of going; do we want to have it on the event schedule?

We will be going. After Hours is a great way to see the park without crowds and enjoy the rides and attractions effortlessly. The only lines we encountered at MK were for the snack carts and Seven Dwarfs. I know it is pricey but is the one ticketed event I believe is worth it.

By the way, my daughter was at HS DAH last night and got to ride T o T solo... she had to FaceTime immediately and share with us.

****** Happy Passover and Easter Post ******

Hi everyone .... a bit late for the former and a bit early for the later but just wanted to wish everyone who observes either a very blessed and happy Passover and Easter

Happy Passover and Easter.jpg

and whether you celebrate either, both, or neither, just remember, less than 2 months from when we can book fastpasses!!!​

****** /end Happy Passover and Easter Post ******

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!