*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if there is any one thing that jumps out at you that you would definitely like to do, let me know and we can try to work the schedule - particularly if it would be like Hoop De Doo or something that we need to book an ADR for
I would love to be part of Hoop Dee Doo if possible. I have never been there and always wanted too. Anything else I can take or leave.

Ok folks, I've heard back from GKTW. They consider a group, 5 or more people. They've told me they can't book our time until February...…...so we have time to create a group.

So my wife and I are planning Sunday August 4th (2 shifts) and Monday August 5th (1 shift in the morning). Once we get more than 5 (I'm assuming per shift...but I'll get that clarified) we've got a group! So lets get a group together!

@Max Rebo can we add this and these dates to the list?

Doug :goofy:

Since I am doing this as a solo trip, I am approaching this trip a little different...I would like to do some different dining. I am looking at going to some sit-down restaurants that I haven't been to before.

The places I am looking at are:

50's Prime Time Cafe
Kona Cafe

I am torn on where to eat at EPCOT...The couple I am looking at are: Rose and Crown, Via Napoli, Le Cellier and Rose and Crown. I guess I have to get it down to just one for EPCOT.

Since I am doing this as a solo trip, I am approaching this trip a little different...I would like to do some different dining. I am looking at going to some sit-down restaurants that I haven't been to before.

50's Prime Time Cafe
Kona Cafe

I am torn on where to eat at EPCOT...The couple I am looking at are: Rose and Crown, Via Napoli, Le Cellier and Rose and Crown. I guess I have to get it down to just one for EPCOT.
All three of those Epcot choices are good ones. It depends on what you’re looking for.

50's Prime Time Cafe
Kona Cafe

Of those 3 I prefer Rose and Crown - especially if you can get a table around Illuminations and watch from their private viewing area

Le Cellier is good but I think a bit overpriced. Via Naploli is also good and probably best pizza on property - by still feels a bit overpriced as I can get better / cheaper near where I live (though I am probably not the one to ask about Italian at Disney)

I think Rose and Crown is just most unique and most “Disney” to me of those

Ok folks, I've heard back from GKTW. They consider a group, 5 or more people. They've told me they can't book our time until February...…...so we have time to create a group.

So my wife and I are planning Sunday August 4th (2 shifts) and Monday August 5th (1 shift in the morning). Once we get more than 5 (I'm assuming per shift...but I'll get that clarified) we've got a group! So lets get a group together!

@Max Rebo can we add this and these dates to the list?

Doug :goofy:

I did add the event - though I listed both weekends as possible dates (and guess theoretically both could happen is some dates work for some people and others work for others).

If you want I can list you as the “leader” for the dates you are going and then see who else is interested and what dates work for them

Via Naploli is also good and probably best pizza on property
There seem to be 2 diametrically opposed groups on this subject.

We heard so much about Via Napoli pizza that we finally went to try it. It was AWFUL. It was soggy and disgusting. You couldn't pick up the slices. You had to either use a knife and fork or pick the plate up to your mouth and slide it off the edge bite by bite. Plus because it was so wet and under cooked, the toppings rolled right off. And to make it even worse, they charge a ridiculous price, even by Disney standards. I think a pizza was $28 or right around there.

So some people rave about it but just be aware that there's another group that describes it pretty much the same way I just did. I've seen many reviews that mirrored our experience.

We heard so much about Via Napoli pizza that we finally went to try it. It was AWFUL. It was soggy and disgusting. You couldn't pick up the slices. You had to either use a knife and fork or pick the plate up to your mouth and slide it off the edge bite by bite. Plus because it was so wet and under cooked, the toppings rolled right off. And to make it even worse, they charge a ridiculous price, even by Disney standards. I think a pizza was $28 or right around there.

So some people rave about it but just be aware that there's another group that describes it pretty much the same way I just did. I've seen many reviews that mirrored our experience.

and yet what you described would still make it the best Disney pizza on property ;) (I have very low expectations for Disney pizza)

It depends on how you like pizza. It’s also a very regional thing. Many are accustomed to what they buy at home and trying what is considered good pizza in different places may not be good to them.

and yet what you described would still make it the best Disney pizza on property ;) (I have very low expectations for Disney pizza)
LOL. I know Pete would smack me if he heard me say this but I'd take the veggie pizza from PizzeRizzo any day over what we were served at Via Napoli.

It depends on how you like pizza. It’s also a very regional thing.
I've seen people say that Via Napoli is actually pretty authentic to the way they do it in Italy. If that's true, I'll remember to never order pizza if I find myself in Italy.

Well if any kindly DVC member find that they haven’t filled all their spot on the 8th and wants to take a little orphan like me (orphan in the sense that I’m travelling on my own, with the family at home and I’m well into my 30s so no one need to feel to sorry for me)

but I do have red hair and happy to belt out ‘Tomorrow’ if I need too. Although with my accent I sound more like the artful dodger - ‘alright Guvnor’ :tongue:

I made sure to have pizza for dinner last night at home, because I don’t expect to eat any decent pizza in the next two weeks!
You can get decent pizza, just not on property. Flipper's (multiple locations nearby) isn't bad and Bruno's on 192 West is actually pretty good.

You can get decent pizza, just not on property. Flipper's (multiple locations nearby) isn't bad and Bruno's on 192 West is actually pretty good.

if we count Disney Springs, i think Blaze pizza is pretty good. I haven't eaten there yet but saw good reviews of the Pizza Ponte

if we count Disney Springs, i think Blaze pizza is pretty good. I haven't eaten there yet but saw good reviews of the Pizza Ponte
I haven’t done Pizza Ponte yet but that looks to be a similar style to Via Napoli in terms of a thin more floppy pizza.

Haven't tried either, yet. Blaze is a chain. We have them near us in NJ. We almost went to Pizza Ponte last trip to meet friends but when we looked at the menu, there was really nothing that appealed to us (we didn't want pizza).

Have you had neapolitan pizza before Via Napoli? What you described sounds exactly how neapolitan is supposed to be. It is the traditional italian style of pizza. I love the type of pizza but have no experience with Via so it could be terrible neapolitan pizza.

I am heading there this week. I have avoided pizza at Disney as I am a bit of a pizza snob (I am from Chicago).

Have you had neapolitan pizza before Via Napoli? What you described sounds exactly how neapolitan is supposed to be.
I guess not. I’m from Philadelphia so NY style pizza. Thin crust with a slight crispness. You can pick it up and eat it by hand. No knife and fork required. And it’s never wet or soggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter