*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVC just announced the 2019 Moonlight Magic dates. One of the Animal Kingdom dates is on August 8, 2019 for those that are going that are DVC Members.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...vents/moonlight-magic-disneys-animal-kingdom/

it mentions in the details that "A Member can register themselves and up to 3 additional guests (total of 4)" - so I assume that means the guests can be non-DVC people? If so maybe we can try to coordinate so more of us can go :confused3

DVC just announced the 2019 Moonlight Magic dates. One of the Animal Kingdom dates is on August 8, 2019 for those that are going that are DVC Members.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...vents/moonlight-magic-disneys-animal-kingdom/

Thank you for letting us know about this. My family did Moonlight Magic last year @ Hollywood Studio. It was great. Definitely planning on booking this one. Already set up in two different calendar/email accounts reminders for June 5th to do so.

My wife and I are going to be volunteering at GKTW the first couple of days of this trip. The 12 hr Marathon show inspired us :-). We're in the process now of getting trained and scheduled. Wondering if this might be a good "group" event? At this point we're looking at volunteering on Aug 4th (Sunday) and Aug 5th (Monday)... @Max Rebo the information I received from GKTW includes a question about if this is a group volunteering. Now we don't have to do it as a group......my wife and I are doing it regardless....just thought it be cool to do something like this during this week as a group.

I've attached the link to the Volunteer page if anyone else is interested.

https://www.gktw.org/volunteer/

Doug :goofy:

My wife and I are going to be volunteering at GKTW the first couple of days of this trip. The 12 hr Marathon show inspired us :-). We're in the process now of getting trained and scheduled. Wondering if this might be a good "group" event? At this point we're looking at volunteering on Aug 4th (Sunday) and Aug 5th (Monday)... @Max Rebo the information I received from GKTW includes a question about if this is a group volunteering. Now we don't have to do it as a group......my wife and I are doing it regardless....just thought it be cool to do something like this during this week as a group.

I'm actually doing the same. I was planning to do 3rd and 4th, but since the affordable flight is later in the day the 3rd I may do 4th and 5th. After my current trip next week I was planning to give my coordinator a heads up about August.

I got my hotel the other day...I am staying at the Ramada Gateway. I am looking at using Uber to get to and from the parks as it is cheaper than renting a car (at this time). Just waiting for Southwest to put out there flights for the rest of August.

I am excited as this is my first event and it is going to be my first solo trip. It is going to be different without having to plan for others in my group and feeling bad because I can't keep up with them.

I'm actually doing the same. I was planning to do 3rd and 4th, but since the affordable flight is later in the day the 3rd I may do 4th and 5th. After my current trip next week I was planning to give my coordinator a heads up about August.

We'll probably fly in the 3rd also..........for the very same reason :D

@Max Rebo I think we might have another thing :-)

Thanks for bringing this up - I was thinking in my head if it could work out that we could help out too but just not sure if we would have time. We don't get in until the 6th, but I think it would be great to try to organize something for people that are getting in a bit earlier - and maybe even get members of the DIS team to participate too? I'll add it and, for now, propose the 4th and / or 5th for the dates

thanks!

Thanks for bringing this up - I was thinking in my head if it could work out that we could help out too but just not sure if we would have time. We don't get in until the 6th, but I think it would be great to try to organize something for people that are getting in a bit earlier - and maybe even get members of the DIS team to participate too? I'll add it and, for now, propose the 4th and / or 5th for the dates

thanks!

Thanks

Doug:goofy:

thanks!

Please add me to the list for a/the group volunteer at GKTW provided it is on Saturday (10th) and/or Sunday (11th); We have already been approved via a background check from GKTW.

We will almost certainly do a shift at GKTW while we're there. We generally do. I'm not sure when, though. I'm glad to hear that more of you have signed up to be volunteers. That's great. We've been doing it for a few years and our shift last month was our 5th time going.

We’d be interested in volunteering at gktw also. I’ll keey an eye out for when the final dates are decided.

Is this where you'll be? https://www.ramadagateway.com/?CID=LC:RA::GGL:RIO:National:09857&iata=00065402
If so, we might be able to help at least some of the time with transportation if our schedules match up. We stay not far from there and drive past that hotel regularly.

Yes that is where I will be. That would be great especially getting back from the Pandora event. If our schedules match up for others, I would be appreciative of some transportation help. I was going to Uber most of the time, but any little bit would help. Thanks for the assistance!!

Yes that is where I will be. That would be great especially getting back from the Pandora event. If our schedules match up for others, I would be appreciative of some transportation help. I was going to Uber most of the time, but any little bit would help. Thanks for the assistance!!
You're welcome. Stay in touch. Shoot me a private message here or on Facebook with your contact info. And don't let me forget I offered ;).

*STATUS UPDATE*

Hi all, hope everyone had a good weekend! Just wanted to provide a quick update and get some thoughts

First, I have added two new events - volunteering at Give Kids the World and DVC Moonlight Magic Event at Animal Kingdom

Give Kids the World Volunteering
An opportunity to volunteer for a great organization and one very much in the hearts of all those at the DIS. Targeting doing this one of the days of the weekend before the event (August 3rd and/or 4th) or the weekend of the event (August 10th and/or 11th) - of potentially both if enough interest. Note that you do have to fill out an application and be screened before you can volunteer there

2019 Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom on Thursday, August 8th (DVC Event)
Enjoy an evening of thrills, entertainment and more as the park becomes your playground. Event highlights include: Access to select attractions throughout the park, with shorter-than-usual wait times; Meet-and-greets with Disney Characters;A DJ dance party; Complimentary refreshments

This event is complimentary for Disney Vacation Club Members and special guests. A Member can register themselves and up to 3 additional guests per Membership (for total of 4)

As the later is a fixed date event, I thought it made sense to start thinking about what day to do what event - particularly the evening ones - just so as many people can participate in as many things as they can vs everything overlapping.

The events starts on August 7th, though I know a number of people will be in prior to that so we could try to organize "welcome drinks" or something the evening of the 6th. Beyond that we have

Wednesday, August 7:

Thursday, August 8:
TBD - DVC Moonlight Magic Event - Animal Kingdom (Leader TBD)

Friday, August 9th:

Saturday, August 10th:
TBD - Lunch at Disney Springs (leader TBD)
TBD - Viewing "Live Action" Lion King at AMC at Disney Springs (leader TBD)
8PM - 10PM Pre-party at Victoria Falls Lounge (leader TBD)
8PM - 10PM Pre-party at Nomad Lounge (leader TBD)
11PM - 1AM Pandora Party

Sunday, August 11th:
TBD - Live Recording of DIS Podcast - Disney's Contemporary Resort (Room TBA)

So that largely leaves Wednesday (Aug 7th) and Friday (Aug 9th) for evening events for those that are doing the DVC even on Thurs. Potential evening events include: "Bar Crawl" (monorail, Disney Spring, Boardwalk, etc.), Hoop Dee Doo Review, Watching Illuminations, Watching new World of Animation Nighttime Show at DHS, and YeHaa Bob,

Are there those that either:
- aren't getting in until the 8th or 9th but definitely want to do one of the above?
- are attending the DVC event on the 8th and definitely want to attend one of the above?

Obviously wont' be able to make everything work for everyone, but if we can accommodate the most number of people I think that would be great!

I am not getting there until the 9th. I would love to be part of some of the meet ups outside the party but know I won't be able to do them all.

I am not getting there until the 9th. I would love to be part of some of the meet ups outside the party but know I won't be able to do them all.

if there is any one thing that jumps out at you that you would definitely like to do, let me know and we can try to work the schedule - particularly if it would be like Hoop De Doo or something that we need to book an ADR for

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter