*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** A FEW UPDATES ****

Hi All, hope everyone is well and getting excited - we are we are only just over 40 days away from the event!

Just wanted to let you all know of a few updates:
- We have an opening in the Hoop Dee Doo list as someone needed to back out. It is for a Tier 2 seat, and @DanielleC, you were the next name on the waiting list, so wanted to double check that you would like the spot.
- Also, for those attending the Hoop Dee Doo event, I have orded lime green bandanas for each of us to have there so we can kinda do a group thing
- With the announced Official Events, what likely would work the best for the "Bar Crawl" event is to schedule it for that Thursday, and work around a number of the official events, and have it as a Monorail Bar Crawl. We will start at the Contemporary after the Official Events there end at 3pm, and then move to Trader Sam's at the Poly at around 4pm. Then people who want to do the Dole Whip event can go and do that and we can meet up later either still at the Poly or somewhere at the Grand Floridian.
- In case you have not seen in, Corey Martin posted a thread about interest in an event he and Craig would host at Kimonos and be Sushi and Karaoke ... there would be a cost associated with it. They do not have a specific time/date but so far what has been mentioned would be Thursday the 8th
- For the pre-party events - if people know if they will do the Victoria Lounge or Nomad Lounge one, please let us know - specifically if you want to participate in the "Get your Glow" party, please let @Tiggerette know in the dedicated thread

Please let me know of any questions! I have started to work on the schedule of events badges that I will have for everyone - will get those into production once the schedule is more final!

Thanks,
Phil

**** /end A FEW UPDATES ****
Hi Phil,

Just realized I never got back to you with our pre-party plans. My husband and I are planning on attending the Nomad Lounge party.

Thanks for keeping track of all of this.

Lori

- Also, for those attending the Hoop Dee Doo event, I have orded lime green bandanas for each of us to have there so we can kinda do a group thing

- For the pre-party events - if people know if they will do the Victoria Lounge or Nomad Lounge one, please let us know - specifically if you want to participate in the "Get your Glow" party, please let @Tiggerette know in the dedicated thread

Please let me know of any questions! I have started to work on the schedule of events badges that I will have for everyone - will get those into production once the schedule is more final!

Thanks,
Phil

That's so kind thank you! I wasn't anticipating that you'd buy lime green bandanas for everyone. Would you like cashmonies to defray the cost?

Thanks for mentioning the thread to post RSVP for the Victoria Falls pre-party meet! https://www.disboards.com/threads/glow-party-meetup-sat-aug-10-planning-thread.3753168/

John just told everyone, on the podcast, that 50% of the each event will be available to those of us not on Pateron!!! Thanks to John and Pete.

Doug :goofy:

thanks for posting that here - I did notice that and (again, I realise it is easy for me to say as I am a Patreon supporter) but to me that sounds fair ... give Patreon supporters a bit of an advantage but at the same time we can't take up all the spots before everyone else gets a shot

**** A FEW UPDATES ****

Hi All, hope everyone is well and getting excited - we are we are only just over 40 days away from the event!

- We have an opening in the Hoop Dee Doo list as someone needed to back out. It is for a Tier 2 seat, and @DanielleC, you were the next name on the waiting list, so wanted to double check that you would like the spot.
- With the announced Official Events, what likely would work the best for the "Bar Crawl" event is to schedule it for that Thursday, and work around a number of the official events, and have it as a Monorail Bar Crawl. We will start at the Contemporary after the Official Events there end at 3pm, and then move to Trader Sam's at the Poly at around 4pm. Then people who want to do the Dole Whip event can go and do that and we can meet up later either still at the Poly or somewhere at the Grand Floridian.
- In case you have not seen in, Corey Martin posted a thread about interest in an event he and Craig would host at Kimonos and be Sushi and Karaoke ... there would be a cost associated with it. They do not have a specific time/date but so far what has been mentioned would be Thursday the 8th

Thanks,
Phil

DH and I will go to the Nomad lounge meet up.

I love the bandana idea! Thanks for ordering those and organizing everything! We can’t wait!

**** A FEW UPDATES ****

Thanks,
Phil

Thanks for the update!
Add us to the preparty at the Nomad Lounge.
Thanks so much for all you've done to organize!

Toss me in the mix for Nomad Lounge and the Bar Crawl! Seems like everything is on Thursday the 8th!!!

We did try to space things out a bit - the welcome party is Wednesday and then a large group is doing Hoop Dee Doo Friday. For the Official Events, Ryno's event is Wed and a lot of people seem interested in that, but anumber of the other Official events are on Thursday, trying to work the bar crawl around those

Also have the DVC and Villains nights on Thursday, so yeah, there is quite a bit then. .... Just not sure what other times would work for the bar crawl - but we could try to have even more than one, especially if the Skyliner is up we could look to have another one on there on another night

We did try to space things out a bit - the welcome party is Wednesday and then a large group is doing Hoop Dee Doo Friday. For the Official Events, Ryno's event is Wed and a lot of people seem interested in that, but anumber of the other Official events are on Thursday, trying to work the bar crawl around those

Also have the DVC and Villains nights on Thursday, so yeah, there is quite a bit then. .... Just not sure what other times would work for the bar crawl - but we could try to have even more than one, especially if the Skyliner is up we could look to have another one on there on another night

Between GG breakfast, a Frozen FP, bar crawl & DVC MM, I’m gonna need to fit a nap in there somewhere! Hahahahaha 🤣

Update on the Scavenger Hunt:

As of last night, all of the questions and tasks for World Showcase are complete! Future World questions will be created shortly.

So far, we only have 10 teams registered for the Scavenger Hunt. If you would like to participate, please RSVP with your teams information on this page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/340846513286404/

If any information has changed from the teams that have already registered (number of people participating, etc), please let us know.

We hope to see many of you testing your EPCOT knowledge, as well as, experiencing different tasks around Future World and World Showcase during the DIS 20 Years of Dreams Event!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter