*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by TheMaxRebo, Oct 27, 2018.

1. SG131

SG131 DIS Veteran

If Star Wars has passholder previews while I am down I may just die of excitement!

2. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

I will definitely do the Skyliner if I can. I'm actually more excited about that than I am about GE, as weird as that may be.

And if we can get on Mickey and Minnie's without waiting more than an hour, count me in.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. dkrauss

dkrauss Goofy Fan from Jersey

Based on the discussion on the vlog yesterday, we may hear about SWG opening in Disneyland this week. I don't recall but did Pandora do previews 3 months ahead of its opening? o_O

As far as the Skyliner goes.....I'm much more optimistic about an earlier opening for it......and so is Pete :-). My wife and I are staying at PoP so we'll be using it if its available.:P Fingers crossed!

Doug :goofy:

5. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

yeah, from what I am seeing we should get a date for DL tomorrow at the earnings call ... likely nothing for WDW's version (though perhaps we get a bit of a narrowing to like a month or something - be shocked if we get an official date for WDW)

I am wondering if when that site said "previews in July" they meant more like "hard hat tours for bloggers in July" - something like that I could see

6. dkrauss

I apologize I missed the "previews in July".........given how important this one is........the earlier the better right!

Doug:goofy:

disneyholic family likes this.
  7. k8Davies

k8Davies K8Davies

Thanks @TheMaxRebo for the update can’t wait to meet you and your lovely wife and have a fantastic breakfast.

As for the other news the Gondolas opening early would be amazing as I’m staying at CBR so it will definitely cut down on bus waits.

SWL summer might be a bit optimistic but here’s hoping. especially as I’m going again in October so even if it is just preliminary preview with pass holders and blogger it would be hopefully be fully open for that trip.

8. disneyholic family

disneyholic family disney on my mind....

and that would be a good reason to buy an AP!!

9. dkrauss

@Max Rebo you got me on this one :) SWG opens on Aug 29th! :rainbow: Even with it being only a partial opening.........they went for the cash :)

10. jennie622

jennie622 Earning My Ears

Whew! So glad Galaxys Edge is opening after the event! I don’t want to be around when that insanity rolls into town!

11. dkrauss

Thinking now we will have the Skyliner running during the event week.........that should be cool, given my wife and I are at PoP Century :D

12. disneysteve

We'll be offsite but if the Skyliner is running, we'll be on it at some point for sure. I'm more excited for that than I am for GE.

13. rchristiansen

rchristiansen DIS Veteran

Good News - Bad News:

Our daughter is going to be involved in a musical production the first two weekends in August.

But that means we won't be able to attend the event and have to reschedule our trip :/

14. Gehrig1B

Gehrig1B DIS Veteran

Hey @TheMaxRebo... FYI- We (myself and wife) will be doing the Marceline to MK tour on Thursday the 8th if you want to post Thanks...

15. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

oh wow - obviously good and exciting for your daughter but bummer you won't make it!

16. disneyholic family

congrats to your daughter!! that's very exciting!!!

17. disneyholic family

did i already mention that we're going to the halloween party on friday august 16th?

since it's the first one, it will probably be crazy crowded, but on the other hand it's exciting as we had no expectation that we'd be there for a party....

18. Kathleen Glasgow

Kathleen Glasgow Disney Apprentice

For those interested in Universal, they have a great promo, where you can Buy 2 days, and get 3 free days, for under $300!!

19. GaSleepingBeautyFan

GaSleepingBeautyFan DIS Veteran

My husband thinks I'm crazy. I'll be driving the 8 hours back for opening day of Galaxys Edge. I think he may be right. But this would be the 4th opening day land I attend. Something I wanted to do.

20. disneyholic family

if i could drive to WDW, i'd be right there with you!!
    but so far no bridge or tunnel across the atlantic....one day....

21. disneysteve

Good for you! If our drive was only 8 hours we’d be at Disney much more often. Unfortunately our drive is about 17 hours.