Um, Where's the Ice?! - A July 2012 European and DLRP Adventure*UPDATE 12/15 Pg.29*

Joining in the fun!

I've said it before and I'll say it again--I heart your dad.

Yay for an upgrade!!! WOOOO HOOOO!

Can't wait to hear more!

I know, he's kind of hard to resist at times, as much as you try to. He just pulls you in.

I was happy with the upgrade, it was a nice way to start the trip.

Yay for the free upgrade :woohoo: :cool1: :woohoo:

Um I think you guys are spoilt :rotfl: Pretty much all flights in Australia have a 7kg carry on limit. They usually don't bother to weigh it unless it looks overweight, but depending on the airline, you definitely need to be prepared for having it weighed.

I'm curious, where were your backpacks? When I first read your story I assumed they were checked in. But if you had them with you at the gate, I'll have to assume they were cabin baggage too. And if they were cabin baggage too, how did simply transferring your things from one bag to another help with the weight limit - am I missing something? :confused3

We are a little spoiled, because I do know that it's common on international flights. I think because a lot of people domestically travel for business, they don't weigh the baggage for carryons, but internationally it can be different.

The backpacks were our purses technically, so they went under the seats in front of us. Considered the "personal item". Haha. I know, it's stupid, right? Seriously, they're weird.

Yeah for the upgrade:cool1:......................probably cause some idiot weighed your CARRYONS!:confused3

Champagnee, in a sweet no stem cuppy thing. weeeeeee!:drinking1

Up late...:surfweb:good to get another installment to keep me company..thanks.:flower3:

KIM

YES, that's exactly why we were upgraded....I wish.....LOL.

Yea! :yay: You're off to a great start...and I'm laughing already! :laughing:

The "no personal space" people were probably practicing for when they got to europe...:rolleyes1

My DH sympathizes with your dad. We've been living in Belgium for three years, and I think the thing DH misses most about the States is having an ice maker in the freezer!

Glad that I got you laughing early.

I know, the personal space thing is different overseas. The funny thing is, I don't have a problem with it there, because it's a cultural thing and I expect it. Here, I'm just like "get out my face!"

My Dad would die if they moved to Belgium. I am convinced. Also because he got a lot of grief from our relatives for drinking soda. :laughing: He just wouldn't do well. I'm fine, because I've never been an ice user, nor do I drink my water freezing cold. That's the European I did get. My mom drank things that way so I did.

I'm here! Great start! :cool1: I love your nails, I hope they last through the whole trip! :rotfl:

Yay for being upgraded, that must have been nice on such a long flight! :banana:

Can't wait to read more!

I loved the nails too, it was a great color.

The upgrade was nice. It was no first class, but it was nice to have more leg room for sure.

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

Glad you're here. ;)

Personal space - pet peeve. Why do people feel the need to stand on top of you....ewwww. Yeah for the upgrade. Your haircut is super cute..... :thumbsup2 And I think I need to say your dad is great! I love those facial expressions. Can't wait for the next installment.

I don't get it either, honestly. I can stand it more in places when it's expected, like Disney World in line, but other places, really? Really? You just rying to annoy me.

My brothers and I get our facial expressions from both of our parents, but with my dad he just can't take a serious picture.....

Oh I created quite a scene. :rolleyes1 Eventually they some how found seats on the plane for us, but not upgraded. We got there. And I got $375 worth of vouchers each for both my husband & me...which is being put to good use next week to fly to Disneyland!

Yay that you got vouchers out of it! I would have been okay with it then too. Free trip! Have fun in Disneyland! I'm jealous. I want to go back so bad, I just can't find the time.

We are a little spoiled, because I do know that it's common on international flights. I think because a lot of people domestically travel for business, they don't weigh the baggage for carryons, but internationally it can be different.

The backpacks were our purses technically, so they went under the seats in front of us. Considered the "personal item". Haha. I know, it's stupid, right? Seriously, they're weird.

Well that's just silly :confused3 Didn't they realise it would still be the same amount of weight in the cabin? :rotfl:

And that's our domestic policy on carry ons ;) They actually allow you to have a slightly bigger carry on bag for international but I think it's the same weight...

Forgot to say, I totally agree with the personal space thing! I can't stand having my personal space invaded, anywhere, at any time :mad: Gee I'm going to do real well in Europe and HK :lmao:

:rotfl: Can i just say that I cracked up not once, but twice while reading this. First at the lady driving her car into the dunkin donuts and second, at your dad's extreme gooberness face. Too funny! :rotfl2:

Score on the upgrade and the champagne. This looks likes its going to be a fun flight.

I'm here! That's awesome you got an upgrade! Good way to start the trip. Can't wait to hear about the rest of it!

Well that's just silly :confused3 Didn't they realise it would still be the same amount of weight in the cabin? :rotfl:

And that's our domestic policy on carry ons ;) They actually allow you to have a slightly bigger carry on bag for international but I think it's the same weight...

Forgot to say, I totally agree with the personal space thing! I can't stand having my personal space invaded, anywhere, at any time :mad: Gee I'm going to do real well in Europe and HK :lmao:

I wondered that myself. But think about it too. So they make you empty your carryon potentially, and then put it in your checked baggage.....still the same weight on the plane......it's a life mystery.

You know, I'm okay with my personal space being invaded in Europe, because I know that's how they are. But in the states, I'm weird about it....

:rotfl: Can i just say that I cracked up not once, but twice while reading this. First at the lady driving her car into the dunkin donuts and second, at your dad's extreme gooberness face. Too funny! :rotfl2:

Score on the upgrade and the champagne. This looks likes its going to be a fun flight.

I'm glad I did the Dunkin' Donuts story some justice, because honestly it was the craziest thing I've ever seen. I could not stop laughing. And snorting.

I'm here! That's awesome you got an upgrade! Good way to start the trip. Can't wait to hear about the rest of it!

It was a great way to start the trip for sure. It was certainly a nice surprise, as that's never happened to me before.

I'm here! Going back to read!

... ok! Back and caught up:

HOORAY for departure days! And even more HOORAY for free upgrades!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I'm here! Going back to read!

... ok! Back and caught up:

HOORAY for departure days! And even more HOORAY for free upgrades!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Yay! Your trip is coming up so fast, I've got to get caught up on your plans. You must be ready to high tail it out of here!

Loving your trippie!:goodvibes Think yourself lucky you weren't flying an economy airline:scared1:

Really enjoying this! Looking forward to reading your DLP section. Being Scottish, I need to ask, what's a goober? I suspect it's similar to a Glaswegian "dobber"...

Loving your trippie!:goodvibes Think yourself lucky you weren't flying an economy airline:scared1:

We were very fortunate to be able to fly Virgin. However, for us it was the cheapest airline if you can believe that!

Really enjoying this! Looking forward to reading your DLP section. Being Scottish, I need to ask, what's a goober? I suspect it's similar to a Glaswegian "dobber"...

:welcome: Glad you're here and I can't wait to talk about DLP. I will try my best to describe a goober. Essentially it's just someone who is a big dork that has absolutely no shame. That pretty much describes my whole family. We don't often take regular pictures, because we're all making faces. Hence, no shame. ;)

I have missed your TRs (totally my fault since I haven't logged on all summer! :eek:) So while I am hideously behind on all TRs, I am signing up now to this one in the vain hopes that I will stay somewhat up to date with it.

I'm here!!! :banana: What an awesome start!! I just love the goobernish of your family! How awesome for the upgrade too!! :thumbsup2 Can't wait for more!!

About the Dunkin Donuts anecdote: I was once in a Wendy's drive-thru and a lady hit the yellow pole next between the drive thru and building. Only she nailed it and glass shattered only to back up, straighten her car slightly and then rammed it again. :sad2: She backed up again and straightened her car correctly and drove off. Seriously!? I could just see explaining that to my husband! :lmao:

I have missed your TRs (totally my fault since I haven't logged on all summer! :eek:) So while I am hideously behind on all TRs, I am signing up now to this one in the vain hopes that I will stay somewhat up to date with it.

That's okay, I've had a lot going on this summer too and only just got started on this one.

I'm here!!! :banana: What an awesome start!! I just love the goobernish of your family! How awesome for the upgrade too!! :thumbsup2 Can't wait for more!!

About the Dunkin Donuts anecdote: I was once in a Wendy's drive-thru and a lady hit the yellow pole next between the drive thru and building. Only she nailed it and glass shattered only to back up, straighten her car slightly and then rammed it again. :sad2: She backed up again and straightened her car correctly and drove off. Seriously!? I could just see explaining that to my husband! :lmao:

I love our gooberishness too. It's what makes us who we are. And it makes us have more fun for sure.

That's a crazy story! You're right, how would you explain that when you got home?

Husband: What happened to the car?

Wife: Um, I hit the drive thru.

Husband: Is that your way of getting back at fast food for making you fat?

:lmao:

LOL - I am so enjoying your trip report - can't wait for the next installment - thanks for the laugh!:goodvibes

Thanks! I'm hoping to have the next installment up tomorrow.

Yay!! The TR begins, and I'm here to read along! What a lucky start with the upgrade, that's awesome!!

I'm in!!:thumbsup2

The drive-thru story is hilarious!! Stupid people really are everywhere.

I saw a woman at the McDonalds drive-thru a few months ago who had driven up to a garbage bin thing...and was trying to order her meal by speaking into it :confused3
I wish I was kidding...

I'm in!!:thumbsup2

The drive-thru story is hilarious!! Stupid people really are everywhere.

I saw a woman at the McDonalds drive-thru a few months ago who had driven up to a garbage bin thing...and was trying to order her meal by speaking into it :confused3
I wish I was kidding...

:scared1:

I'm honestly wondering if that woman should have even been driving if she couldn't tell it was the drive thru window. But that's pretty hilarious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter