Um, Where's the Ice?! - A July 2012 European and DLRP Adventure*UPDATE 12/15 Pg.29*

Boy do I wish that the farmers markets would be like that here. So many vendors selling their stuff. Fresh, fresh, fresh food everywhere. I remember as a child in Wijnegem we had our market on Fridays. My mom would buy fresh smoked Herring that was just delicious. And the bread Wow amazing.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I do too! It was all so amazing. Let's go back!

The markets look cool. We have a small very small version of that here. But it's only during the summer and like you said, on certain days of the week.

The markets are one of the best things going there. Local vendors, fresh. You really can't beat it.

I'd love to have that farmer's market close by! What a great way to shop! When we were in Rome last summer we shopped daily for our food (we rented an apartment) and it was such a different experience, but we loved it!!

Impressive cheese selection.

Was the hair straightener a reasonable price? It's not something one usually has to shop for on vacation!

It was so awesome.

That's awesome that you rented an apartment and shopped everyday in Rome. It's so amazing to do it that way.

They always have an impressive cheese selection in Belgium. I'm obsessed.

It was a reasonable price, about 20 euros. I didn't want to spend too much on it, because it was just to limp me through until the end of the trip. However, it did come in handy on my trip to Italy!

We have markets like that in Australia. I didn't even know it was a 'thing' until now :rotfl: Now I understand why the Queen Vic Markets are such a big tourist drawcard :thumbsup2

Oh, it's a thing for us here in the U.S. because we have nothing like it at all! We have Walmart. Ugh. :lmao:

I wish so much that we could have markets like that here. Our local farmers market really is a joke, it's small even compared to other joke farmers markets! Lol everything looks so tasty, I think I could spend hours just looking at each different cheese!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Ours are a joke too. I don't even count it as a farmers market.

The cheese is incredible! They have so many to pic from.

Me too, though Queen Vic takes the pick of most Aussie markets I think. One of my favourite local market produce stalls has to be the Vietnamese greengrocers-such great fresh green stuff! When it comes to multicultural food I think we are spoilt in Aus as just how good we have it, either buying the raw products to cook at home or eating out.

We're not spoiled here from a raw products perspective, but we are spoiled (at least in my area) with the eating out area. We have a lot of different cultural options, which is awesome. But I wish we had more raw products to pick from too.

Oh my gosh! I read the whole thing last night! I loved your report so far and really like the info on the other countries!

Following along now!

I'm so glad! I'm hoping to update this weekend.

We would love to be your personal tour guide :):) When are we leaving? :thumbsup2

I have absolute no problem being your personal tour guide. :thumbsup2

Tomorrow? :lmao:

Hey that sounds awesome!! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

I have been playing around with sometime 2015...the focus was always London and Paris but since reading the TR...well, let's just say I never would have considered Belgium, at least not so soon! :rolleyes1

If I had a farmer's market like that around here...I would hardly ever go to the grocery store! That looks so amazing!! And just reading the lunch menu...my tummy is grumbling!!

And ya'll have fun this week at WDW!!!!!!! :goodvibes

Hello:
Not that I'm anxious or anything :rotfl:, but I'm going to Paris (including DLP) and London in Sept/Oct of this year. I loved your DLP posts - do you have any hints or "don't miss" things for London?

TIA :goodvibes:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter