um...CROWD pictures?

Ugh, I feel the same way. We'll be there May 6th - 12th and every other thread I've read here said that it shouldn't be too busy. Now, I'm starting to worry. I've only ever been as a guest in March, Oct or Nov so it's always been small crowds. I did my CP from Jan until May 7, 2004 and right before I left was the slowest I had seen it since the previous Feb, so I wasn't expecting it to be too bad. Oy.

I'm always a voice crying in the wilderness when I post this, but this thread has picture PROOF -- we were there May 5-15 2006 and it was crowded. It took us 2 hours to get home after Wishes (that has NEVER happened to us). And we were following best days advice from TGM and Unofficial Guide (only went to a park if BOTH sources recommended it for that day. Arrived prior to opening.). It was much more crowded than our usual early March visits. Hence, this year, we are going in March.

Haha, I think this poor lady's face sais it all :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

hahacrowdsu7.jpg

:lmao:
OMG! Im laughing so hard!

You got that right....

I should block her eyes out, like they do to disgusie someone's identity, and add it to my signature with "How you'll look if you dont go *off-season*"

We're going this year from March 29 to April 7. Is there any way of knowing when they're taping the Easter parade, so that we can avoid the MK that day? :headache:

Here's AK on Jan 25th 2007.Thursday . at 9:30 am.. notice the park was practically empty- although it was about 50 degrees and raining..

IMG_0235.jpg

Epcot on the 26th Friday - beautiful day so it was quite crowded.
IMG_0421.jpg

Here's MK on Sat the 27th 2007. It was pretty crowded for a "slow season" but then again it was Saturday.

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

And finally MGM on Sun the 28th 9:30 am - again rainy and cool in the am= low crowds. Sunn and warmer in the afternoon and WHAM! crowded.
IMG_0690.jpg

:lmao:
OMG! Im laughing so hard!

You got that right....

I should block her eyes out, like they do to disgusie someone's identity, and add it to my signature with "How you'll look if you dont go *off-season*"

I too laughed very hard over this. That lady's face says it ALL.

I took your suggestion and brought it to life. I dont think it does any justice though. I think her eyes "say" alot about the situation...

Drawing2.jpg

What If I alter the original?
This one help convey the stress crowds can cause?
100_18262.jpg

I had to go look at my pics and found something interesting. This is June 21ish, 2006.

Here is the scene walking up Main Street at rope drop

100_0651.jpg

And here is literally 2 minutes later in front of the castle. Strange, huh?

100_0653.jpg

Here's a pic at MGM that same trip in the morning AFTER we'd ridden TOT and RNR right after rope drop.

100_0623.jpg

And this is in the morning after we were there for rope drop, went straight to EE and waited in about a 20min line to ride

100_0681.jpg

Wow, the crowd on May 5th looks really bad :scared1:
I'll be arriving at May 6th this year and I really hope we do't bump in to this kind of crowds. But I know from Disneyland Paris experience that it can LOOK very crowded at main street, but can be very manageable in the park :)

Here's MK on Sat the 27th 2007. It was pretty crowded for a "slow season" but then again it was Saturday.

cathy0124: we were in the parks the same days as you in late January so of course I had to search through your photos looking for my family. It seems our paths did not cross. And yes I enjoyed the low crowds and did not worry about the cool temps and clouds if it kept the crowds away.

Photos from just after park opening for morning EMH at Epcot, on New Year's Eve 2003/2004. This is the area just outside M:S and TT. You can see in the second shot that the lines for both rides actually meet out in the main walkway. This is just after we rode M:S and stood in line for 20 minutes to get a fast pass for TT, which was for 5:30 that afternoon (this was around 7:30 am).

EpcotNYE2.jpg

EpcotNYE1.jpg

Now the crowds were ALL up front. We did all the rides we wanted first thing, grabbed fastpasses for later and hit world showcase when it opened. Until mid afternoon it wasn't crowded at all back there. It was fun to do once - and we spent a full 18 hours in Epcot that day, from early entry to close - but we'll stick to our usual May/October times from here out! Even when it was busy, though, the usual tricks work. Get up early and get to the park when it opens. No matter how busy or empty it is, the crowds arrive between 10:30 and 11 am, never fail.

To juxtapose for you. Here is Fantasyland at 10am on January 3rd - same trip. That day was a Sunday, and most people were packing up to go home that day:
MKJan3.jpg

April 2004
We used the UG's touring plans so we had not waited more than 10 mins for anything, so when we walked out of Mickey's Philharmagic into to this sea of people I was so shocked I raised my camera above my head and tried to snap a pic. The UG was priceless that trip!!!
627461mk.jpg

Found this one from MK October 1999, it was right after the fireworks, we were trying to cross the bridge into Liberty Square to go ride Haunted Mansion but most people were trying to leave the park so on the bridge, we had to squish WAY over to the right hand side (or be trampled!) It took us about 10 mins just to cross the bridge!!! :eek:

crowds.jpg

This was taken at Easter 2002 on March 29th. It looks pretty crowded and it was but the trip turned out okay.

MKCrowds4_DS.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter