UK-US travel, 2021/2022

I've noticed that all the media seem to be saying you have to test 3-5 days after arriving in the US. But following a Reuters link took me to the CDC website page:
Non-U.S. citizen, Non-U.S. immigrants: Air Travel to the United States
where it says that for fully vaccinated people this is only "Recommended", not "Required". (Scroll down to the "After Arrival in the United States" section.) Only unvaccinated using an exemption have to test - and quarantine in fact.

If that is so then that will save people a few bucks, and maybe some extra travel and hassle for those without kids. But it's possible that immigration have upped the requirements beyond the CDC's, so check carefully.

as an american registered with my local american embassy, i get general emails from them all the time (concerning whatever they think americans should know for whatever reason).
This past week was regarding all these new requirements.
i read it 3 times and still didn't understand.

So do we know if its a PCR or Antigen test for flying? Sorry haven't read everything through yet :)

I've always read it as fully vaccinated are not required to take the 3-5 test.

For the outbound flight, it needs to be a supervised test, but antigen (LFT) or PCR are acceptable.

As always, the best advice is to read through the info. on the CDC website.

I've always read it as fully vaccinated are not required to take the 3-5 test.

For the outbound flight, it needs to be a supervised test, but antigen (LFT) or PCR are acceptable.

As always, the best advice is to read through the info. on the CDC website.
yeah just read on BA website that antigen LFT test are acceptable. Just making sure I have everything in place

Last edited:

yeah just read on BA website that antigen LFT test are acceptable. Just making sure I have everything in place
I have just booked it with Breathe Assured. It’s an online supervised test (package includes day 2 test required on return to UK). Lots of availability online.

cheers was looking at them and another. Do you have kids under 18? If so what have you planned for US Day 3-5 test

Long time lurker, first time poster! Not quite made it to MCO yet as had to fly through MIA…but can honestly say how surprised I was with how easy it was to fly and enter the US! Used the VeriFLY app so my test and vaccinations were all recorded - the checkin agent just asked to see the ‘pass’ bit at checkin - which took like an extra minute and from then on it was just like a normal flight pre pandemic…there were no extra questions at CBP and no mention of the 3-5 day testing. So excited to be getting back to WDW!

Long time lurker, first time poster! Not quite made it to MCO yet as had to fly through MIA…but can honestly say how surprised I was with how easy it was to fly and enter the US! Used the VeriFLY app so my test and vaccinations were all recorded - the checkin agent just asked to see the ‘pass’ bit at checkin - which took like an extra minute and from then on it was just like a normal flight pre pandemic…there were no extra questions at CBP and no mention of the 3-5 day testing. So excited to be getting back to WDW!

Hi Scotty,

Did you get to MCO OK? My parents also used VeriFLY for their tests.I am not sure if they will have an app but I know they have printed out some forms from they have to sign and present. Did you use an app or paper?

Hi Scotty,

Did you get to MCO OK? My parents also used VeriFLY for their tests.I am not sure if they will have an app but I know they have printed out some forms from they have to sign and present. Did you use an app or paper?

I have not used this yet but am hoping to in December, but as far as I know Verifly is an app and you submit all your documentation, once you have your negative test and can complete the attestation form. What happens is you get a green tick on the app that you can show at the airport and then no one should need to check your paperwork again

What happens is you get a green tick on the app that you can show at the airport and then no one should need to check your paperwork again
You'd think.
But you will likely be asked to at least show them, even though it may be just a glance from a few feet away at something on your phone that looks about right.

Coming back to the UK from holiday you probably won't easily get printed copies of recent tests or, in particular, your PLF, but make sure they are on your phone, fairly accessible, and you can zoom up the 2D barcode (QR code) if someone does decide to check more carefully.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!