UGH!!! Tell me to STOP looking at the stupid weather!!!

I'm going crazy too. Accuweather says rain, not thunderstorms or showers but RAIN! Each and every day. We cruise the 12-15th and then are at Disney from 5/15-21st. Now granted other sites say otherwise but there has to be something to accuweathers forecast. :sad2:

Stop looking at the stupid weather. It always says it is going to rain and does it really???

Now granted other sites say otherwise but there has to be something to accuweathers forecast. :sad2:

Actually accuweather is usually the worst in terms of forecast in my experience! But they're the only site I currently use (know of) for long-longterm forecasts... weather channel is saying thunderstorms for the 16th, and partly sunny for the 17th (and stop there since they only offer 10 days out).

So yes, while I worry about seeing the rain in the forecast, I still take it with a big grain of salt just because of the source.

And I definitely have to stop looking. :laughing:

We check in on Tuesday (the 10th) and don't check out till the 20th. I know the long-term forecast from the 16th to the 20th looks like rain everyday, but the reality is that it will probably change before then. However, if it doesn't, we're just going to do our best to enjoy our time there. Don't stress about it!! Wait until the end of this week and then see what the forecast says. :)

STOP looking at the stupid weather. :lmao: Chances are it will be HOT with afternoon showers.

I hear you with the weather. So far there is a 60% chance of rain the day we have our Illuminations fireworks cruise booked and the day we are going to Universal. A lot can change in a week and even though it says a 60% chance that could mean it rains for 30 minutes that day so try not to get too stressed about it.

well, spare a thought for all of us who travel from the UK. our honeymoon in august last year, every day started off lovely and hot and sunny. by about 3pm it was cloudy and threatening rain. it usually did rain too. i think out of the 14 days we were there, we only have 3 or 4 where it was lovely all day. imagine travelling 4000 miles from rain, to more, but warmer, rain. lol. oh well.
it only rained solidly for one day; the day we went to AK. again, started off very warm, sun shining. we decided to head straight for kali river rapids, and just as we started off on our journey, it started raining. so from 10am, we were soaked. it was a very horrible uncomfortable day being wet all day. maybe it's the reason we never went back to AK during that trip and it wouldn't be on the top of my list the next time either.

The extended forecast is going from bad to worse. The forecast isn't showing the usual chance of thunderstorms mixed with sun...these are just pure RAIN forecasts.

Now we all know that Disney World in the rain is still a blast, but after our May 2009 monsoon washout, I'd really like to enjoy it in the hot Florida sun. With the amount of rain we had, we missed too many things during our vacation. Things get cancelled. The temps were chilly. Our feet were raw. Lightening struck the roof we were taking shelter under and a cast member leaning against a FastPass machine got lightly zapped (@ Voyage of the Little Mermaid). Not nearly as fun as our vacation could have been.

PLEASE give us some sun for our trip! :worship:

-
CritterToronto

I'll be there in a week too and I looked at the forecast, but I figure the weather report is wrong a lot so it gives me hope.

My whole family was over for mothers day and they made fun of me because I told them to make sure they had rain gear with them. I am sorry but I like to be prepared and when I spend 5k on a trip I hope for good weather. I will still have fun of course and hope that at least some of the forecast is wrong. But I can't dismiss that it is saying RAIN! RAIN! RAIN! How accurate are these forecasts anyway? :confused3

I feel your pain.. we will be there from the 13th to the 19th and have been freaking about the weather as well. Showing thunderstorms from the 14th onward and cant see anything passed the 17th as of yet. Guess I will be running out tomorrow to buy tons of poncho's and hope for less crowds if it rains ;)

I'm gonna be there from 14 May until 24 May...for our family's first trip to WDW. So...we'll be there with ya!

Here's my thought: I spent 18 months planning this trip and I'm not gonna let raindrops muss it up! Let's face it gang, half the time the weather predictors are wrong - I think they have a dart board in the back of the news station and decide the weather that way. I mean, in Maryland last year, they reminded me of my ex-boyfriend. Swore we were gonna get 12" (of snow - !) and we ended up with 2". I don't have much faith in them. And even if they're right, worrying about it isn't gonna change anything, and I certainly can't change my plans now. You can have a great time in any kind of weather, good OR bad.

And to the OP - look at how many people have responded. How can you NOT have fun with such awesome people ducking the raindrops with you!

Just peaked at forcast again even though I knew I should not....
Oh well we will be there on Saturday rain or shine....

I'M WITH YOU! I actually just posted pretty much the same thread before I saw yours. I'm obsessing over it. I'm constantly checking multiple weather websites! There's still hope... in fact accuweather is the only one that is forecasting "rain"; the other sites either say partly cloudy/sunny or scattered thunderstorms... keeping my fingers crossed!

In any case, it will be warm which will be nice after the horrid winter we just had in NJ... and we've only had a few random days that hit 70 or above this spring so far...

See you there!

First of all my brother is a weatherman, so I have some info on the down low. . . . . .

Any forecast more than 48 hours out is generally less than 50% accurate.

Any forecast more than 72 hours out is generally less than 80% accurate.

Now, I live in the midwest (northern IL, close to WI, so I too can understand the struggle this spring has brough) and unless that are calling for cold and snow (that they know), they aren't going to get it right. As an aside, Skilling was calling for the blizzard in February 8 days out, see, snow and cold they got. :lmao:

Fact is that by the time you hit mid-May, the wet season is begining in FL and chances of afternoon storms increase daily through July-Aug and don't start to die down until the fall. So, this is normal and unless something unusual happens, all you are seeing is a normal FL forecast.

Second of all:
Accu-weather is only the 2nd most inaccurate forecssting sight out there, 2nd only to the weather channel. :rotfl:

Third of all
They are calling for the Greenland Blocking pattern to be ineffect. It has been around almost solidly since early April and FL has been hot and mostly sunnry during this time. Thie blocking pattern has been responsible for the cold and wet spring in the midwest and actually is behind the pattern that caused those terrible storms in AL. (Please say a prayer for them, the damage is so severe).

Fourth of all:
I am not worrying about the weather, it will be what it will be, chances of all day rains in May are pretty slim and the El Nino pattern that caused the problems in 2009 is gone and the La Nina if fading.

Fifth of all:
You are not at work, have a great time anyway!

There is no sixth.

Dolby1000

I must admit, I'm freaking out a bit because of the weather myself.

We arrive May 16th. My last trip to WDW was May 2009, where it DOWN-POURED for our entire vacation. 8 days of torrential rain. Many areas of Florida were flooded. I could barely walk by the end of the trip because my feet were so raw from being soaked for days. We've hardly got any photos because I couldn't take my camera out in the constant downpour. What an upset. Of course we made the best of it and still had a blast, but it really wasn't the trip we had hoped for. Man did that rain come down!

So now I'm checking the forecast and seeing back to back days of rain AGAIN. I'm having flashbacks to our last trip. :scared:

Fingers are crossed the forecast changes completely by the time we arrive. We need pixie dust!!!

-
CritterToronto
we were there. I think its hard to express to ppl how bad it was. I had a lady on a nother group snap at me that she enjoys rain in WDW and it just lowers the crowd if you just deal with it. I was like, it wasnt that kind of rain, it was all day, every day. My kids had to swim in our rooms hot tub because lightening and cool winds prevented them from using the pool. I just keep saying, it cant happen to us again(I hope) so I wont look and anticipate. that time, i actually nearly cried by day 6 of it especailly when I saw it was beautiful and sunny at home.

If such a thing as a 5-day forecast actually existed, there would only be a weather forecast every 5 days.
Jerry Seinfeld

I can completely understand the worry - I keep checking the weather also. We will be there from the 16th of May to the 24th. (Yippee! only 1 week to go) and the forecast shows rain every day except our last day!.

It is beginning to look better (YIPPEE) Let's just hope we get a few days of sunshine instead of the constant rain we're dreading. I personally am PRAYING that we end up with a sunny 1st day at Magic Kingdom. Every other day it can pour cats & dogs but I want that first day to be magical! lol..

www.wftv.com is a great local weather station. Personally we need the rain. I would much rather have rain than smell the smoke from the wildfires.

I don't think those of us traveling down next week are asking for no rain, we just are hoping we don't get a washout as is forecast right now. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter