UGH!!! Tell me to STOP looking at the stupid weather!!!

MellyBeans

Mouseketeer
We arrive in Orlando one week from today. :woohoo: However, it's SOOO frustrating, because the long range forecast has rain/thunderstorms (60% chance) for each day we are there so far. Before our dates...beautiful and sunny. GAH!!!!!! I know it's too far out for anyone to really know what the weather will be, but still SO FRUSTRATING. I need to just not look. I also know that it's supposedly better to tour in the rain, but NO THANKS. I live in Wisconsin, and we have *seriously* just finished the most miserable spring in my memory. Even now it's only in the 50s (in May), and it's pretty much rained almost every day for 2 and a half months straight. I've SO been looking forward to this trip just to get some sun. And now it looks like I may have picked the one week that will get thunderstorms and rain. Fabulous.

Someone tell me it will be ok!!!!!

We check in on Tuesday (the 10th) and don't check out till the 20th. I know the long-term forecast from the 16th to the 20th looks like rain everyday, but the reality is that it will probably change before then. However, if it doesn't, we're just going to do our best to enjoy our time there. Don't stress about it!! Wait until the end of this week and then see what the forecast says. :)

I would not stress over the weather. Whatever the weather will be for your trip, it will more than likely be better than what you have been experiencing in Wisconsin - I remember the WI springs - and snow on Mother's Day!! Check the weather as a reference for how to pack, and we will hope for pixie dust :wizard: that the weather will be enjoyable for your trip. Even if it does rain, hopefully it won't rain all day every day!!

Good luck!

I feel your pain-- we'll be there the 15th-22nd, and it's rain rain rain in the forecast.
Of course, things could still change quite a bit between now and then.

I do think I'll go buy my kids some raincoats though-- if we're going to be needing them, I think they will be more comfortable than the sticky ponchos I have.

This is Florida and coming into the rainy, summer season. Just because the forcast calls for 60% rain/thunderstorms, doesn't mean that it will be that the whole day. More than likely it will rain for about 1 hr and then will be clear. Today it is around 90 degrees and humid. Even with the rain, it still will be humid. Make the most of it and prepare. Bring ponchos and extra clothing in case you get wet. I've seen it rain here on one side of the road and not rain on the other. It's really weird sometimes.

Everybody complains about the weather, but nobody does anything about it.
:)

I've had rain in the forecast for all of my past Disney trips and it only rain for 30 min to 2 hrs at the most and it was always around 3-4pm. Don't sweat the rain, stock up on some ponchos before your trip, I usually get some from the local dollar store! Enjoy your trip!!

Even locally the weather shows rain and it's the opposite.

In any case, be prepared.

We were a MK one time and it was a downpour. However, once we were
walking through the castle to leave we got some great pictures of lighting
in the horizon while we were facing Main Street. The crowds thin out pretty
fast... :confused3 ;)

Ah, OK.

Stop looking at the stupid weather! :confused3:lmao:

It is FLA in the rainy season. It rains. Almost always it is just a quick shower that will not last 30-60 minutes. It is not like weather in the rest of the states where rain can mean an all day event.

It might be raining at MK but completely dry at EPCOT or DHS.

Rain is great at WDW. It chases everyone out of the parks. :lmao: Sometimes it cools things off but sometimes it just drives up the humidity. :eek:

As a kid, my Cuz and I lucked out once at SM during the summer crowds. Everyone went off to watch the stupid parade. ;) I never have gotten why people like a parade but the parade would open up the ride lines! :lmao: We went to SM! :thumbsup2

Then it started to rain and the park emptied. We rode SM three times in a row. Walk in, ride, walk off, repeat.

This was pre FP and the only time we got on SM multiple times. I can remember when the line at SM was at the entrance. :scared1: I cannot believe we waited in that line but that is what you had to do.

I would be far more worried about the heat and humidity than rain....

Opps, I should not have told you that. :rotfl2:

Later,
Dan

Same here. I check every day. I dont know why I bother, the weathermen cant even get the weather right the day before the forecast...never mind a week in advance! I will be there the 10th - 17th and just went to Wal Mart the other day to grab some ponchos...just in case. im just really hoping it doesnt rain much...i dont care if it thins the crowds. lol

I leave in a few days too, and I am not worrying about the weather. whatever happens will happen - just hoping we don't see the heavy monsoon like rain. But the afternoon storms that can pass thru aren't a big deal to me. I know the forecast has been changing a bit, but it sure beats what I have here at home.

Have a safe trip!

Hi mellybeans; I feel your pain as u know we will be there the same exact days. I'm hoping that it will be those little fifteen minute to one hour showers we usuallyhave then back to full sun. I live in Louisiana so the weathers about the same here.

I also know how you feel - i check the weather, the flights ...absolutely everything i check!!!

In 2009 we had rain for 4 days solid, and it was cold (about 70 degrees) however we still made the best of our days. Ok, we didn't do any water parks but it gave us a good excuse to come back again this year!!

Hope you have a great holiday....and i will keep checking the weather for you :rotfl:

I think the weather makes the trip more memorable. This last trip (March) I was on it didn't rain at all and I kind of missed the whole being soaked or running through the rain to an attraction to get dry.

My first trip with my wife as bf/gf back in 2000 or so it was freezing to the point that people bought up all the mickey gloves for warmth. We have pics of us with heavy coats in disney and it makes it memorable.

I think the same thing happens with those 10-20 minute showers. Also it's a great day to hit a waterpark those things will be dead.

:)

Well, I'm on strict orders from the hubs not to look at any extended weather forecasts for the Orlando area until at least Thursday or Friday. :lmao: What a smart man. Will I listen? Nope. I'll check every day and torture myself. I already dragged out our raincoats that we used for our honeymoon to Alaska last summer (where it ALSO rained EVERY SINGLE DAY of our entire trip...but we expected it then so it wasn't such a huge deal). Maybe since I have those raincoats, it won't rain. Murphy's law.

I know in Florida it will rain/thunderstorm for a little bit then clear up, but for 5 of our 7 day trip, it's calling for straight up RAIN, not the usual chance of Thunderstorm forecast that I expect from Florida. What does that mean? I can handle showers here and there, but if it's raining solid for days and days like it did back in 2009, then I want a refund. :lmao: Just kidding. Sort of.

I refuse to look. Last trip it rained A LOT but you know what, as much as I remember rain I also remember the wonderful time we had a lot more. I cant change it so I wont stress before about it. I keep really hoping we dont have the same experience as last time but after that, I know just deal with what comes.
Good luck, enjoy it

STOP LOOKING AT THE WEATHER! :lmao: I did the same thing and it said rain when it was way far out. It was beautiful the whole time. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

Ok, I live less than an hour south of you and today the weather absolutely sucks!! LOL I would take a rainy day at Disney over this ANY day!!

That said....rain is usually forcasted EVERY day in Florida!! Don't stress! It'll be beautiful when you're there....promise! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter