UGH!!! Tell me to STOP looking at the stupid weather!!!

We arrive in Orlando one week from today. :woohoo: However, it's SOOO frustrating, because the long range forecast has rain/thunderstorms (60% chance) for each day we are there so far. Before our dates...beautiful and sunny. GAH!!!!!! I know it's too far out for anyone to really know what the weather will be, but still SO FRUSTRATING. I need to just not look. I also know that it's supposedly better to tour in the rain, but NO THANKS. I live in Wisconsin, and we have *seriously* just finished the most miserable spring in my memory. Even now it's only in the 50s (in May), and it's pretty much rained almost every day for 2 and a half months straight. I've SO been looking forward to this trip just to get some sun. And now it looks like I may have picked the one week that will get thunderstorms and rain. Fabulous.

Someone tell me it will be ok!!!!!

I am so right there with you! DH and I check in a week from today for a short adult getaway. We live in Michigan and have had such a yucky spring! I was so looking forward to sunshine, warm weather, relaxing by the pool with a little drinky-pooh! But, we will make the best of it!

Well thank God you are taking the miserable weather here in WI WITH YOU to Florida. I am tired of the dreary, rainy days here. THANK YOU!

Stop looking at the stupid weather.

I was just going to say that myself. You beat me to it.

The weather could be right and it could be wrong. It could be raining in EPCOT & not at MK. It rains somewhere in Florida every day. Be prepared for it and when it doesn't happen, you will be happy. I think weather men put rain in the forecast because if it does rain you are expecting it and if it doesn't you aren't mad that they were wrong. If they didn't predict it and it did, you would be upset with them and they don't want that.:lmao:

I'll be there in the rain with you!! :umbrella:

Just think about it this way: You don't know when it's going to rain or for how long. Maybe it will only rain overnight and give us a nice, cool morning. Maybe we'll walk into the standby line for TSM, and see water on the ground when we come out 2.5 hours later and a clear sky up above.

Wouldn't you rather be at Disney while it's raining than sitting at home while it's raining? I would! :thumbsup2

Perfect topic as this was me too.
We check in next Saturday for 10 days and I was so absessed my DD made me promise not to check the weather again.....
I have decided she is right :rolleyes1
I do know however it wil be warmer even with rain than it is in upstate NY

I'm in the same boat (quite literally!) We are from Wisconsin and have been dealing with this BS forever... now finally going to WDW and they're showing rain EVERY day. I'm freaking out as well. You are not the only one... let's hope all of our wishing will change mother nature's mind! This is our first trip to Disney and I am just worried that it will be a washout... not really that big of a deal but I don't care for a ton of pictures with my kids in ponchos :( Yuck!

We arrive in Orlando one week from today. :woohoo: However, it's SOOO frustrating, because the long range forecast has rain/thunderstorms (60% chance) for each day we are there so far. Before our dates...beautiful and sunny. GAH!!!!!! I know it's too far out for anyone to really know what the weather will be, but still SO FRUSTRATING. I need to just not look. I also know that it's supposedly better to tour in the rain, but NO THANKS. I live in Wisconsin, and we have *seriously* just finished the most miserable spring in my memory. Even now it's only in the 50s (in May), and it's pretty much rained almost every day for 2 and a half months straight. I've SO been looking forward to this trip just to get some sun. And now it looks like I may have picked the one week that will get thunderstorms and rain. Fabulous.

Someone tell me it will be ok!!!!!

It was suppose to rain today here, in NYC, according to my phone, not a drop, so... STOP looking at the stupid weather, they are always wrong!;)

I need to stop obsessing. I keep telling myself we are still a week away (and OVER a week away for the later part of my trip). There is no way they can accurately know what is going to happen right now. But still...when you see solid rain for the entire 7 days of your (expensive) trip, and then nothing but sun before and after, it can really tick you off! :lmao:

That being said, I got married this past August. The weather people told me for a week straight that my wedding day would be a wash out with severe storms. It ended up being gorgeous without a drop of rain all day long. I need to give it a rest. Hubs is right. ;)

And yes, I'll take rain in Disney vs. rain at home any day. I already have our rain coats out and ready to go in the suitcase. Just hoping we don't need them!:thumbsup2

Stop looking at the stupid weather. LOL

It will be okay. Disney with bad weather is better than being at home with beautiful weather.

We arrived last Sunday and I was checking the weather everyday for the 2 weeks before.
It would change some, but kept showing rain for 2-3 days of our stay.
Well, here we are, going home tomorrow and it sprinkled for about 1/2 hour on 2 days......very doable. Never did hear any thunder.
It will be alright ::yes::

Sending you pixie dust you will have a wonderful dry trip. Enjoy. :cool1:

Maryann :happytv:

OP, I feel your pain. We've had the same experience here in MI and can't believe how bad it's been. We'll be there the week you mentioned as well, so I'm not too thrilled about more rain, but at least it'll be warm! It is what it is.:goodvibes

I must admit, I'm freaking out a bit because of the weather myself.

We arrive May 16th. My last trip to WDW was May 2009, where it DOWN-POURED for our entire vacation. 8 days of torrential rain. Many areas of Florida were flooded. I could barely walk by the end of the trip because my feet were so raw from being soaked for days. We've hardly got any photos because I couldn't take my camera out in the constant downpour. What an upset. Of course we made the best of it and still had a blast, but it really wasn't the trip we had hoped for. Man did that rain come down!

So now I'm checking the forecast and seeing back to back days of rain AGAIN. I'm having flashbacks to our last trip. :scared:

Fingers are crossed the forecast changes completely by the time we arrive. We need pixie dust!!!

-
CritterToronto

We were one of the lucky ones in 2009, where the week before and the week after were solid rain but we had sunny and unusually hit(96) weather. I live in S fl and usually you don't get days of rain -just afternoon showers. It will usually say 30 to 40 % chance when it's just a shower but when I see days of 60% I know to have a backup plan and to wear the crocs not sneaks that day.

It can still change alot in the next week-Fla wether really does. We are there from 11th to 17th and I'm not worrying about the rain yet.

We moved to the area late last summer. What I notice most about the rain forecast is that they are predicting something different than we in the north are used to. When our weathermen predicted the rain %, they meant the probability of rain. What we are finding in Orlando is the the rain % predicts how much of the area will get a shower. I've seen days with 80 or 90 % humidity and only a 20% chance of rain. It weird and a little hard to explain. Just look at the predictions as a guess. If it says 50% chance of rain that means it will rain in 2 parks and not rain in the other 2.:rotfl:
Have fun and bring Walmart ponchos.

I arrive on the 16th and I've been looking at accuweather's longterm forecast. I'm trying not to get worried by it since I know that it's still a week out and weather changes constantly, but it's difficult when you see your entire stay depicted as rainclouds.

(No one tell my bf I've been looking at the weather, I told him I'd stop!) :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter