Uber to HS from Pop time??

Julie Amber

Mouseketeer
We're looking at possibly getting an Uber from Pop to HS (we'll be there on Sept 14) so that we can get to Hollywood Studios right at opening without waiting 2 hours in line for the Skyliner.

Any suggestions for what time to have the Uber get to the hotel and at what time they start letting cars like that drop you off? Thanks for the suggestions!!

I am following bc I have the same question! To add to this can anyone tell me how uber has been dropping off recently? Do they go through a special lane and drop right at the front?

Any suggestions for what time to have the Uber get to the hotel and at what time they start letting cars like that drop you off? Thanks for the suggestions!!
From Pop...
I would post the order for the car (I would use Lyft, myself) about 45-55 min. before scheduled opening time.

1. can anyone tell me how uber has been dropping off recently?
2. Do they go through a special lane and
3. drop right at the front?
1. Between 40-60 min. before park opening time.
2. Maybe.
3. Yes, to near the gate.

AND (BTW) Off we go to the DIS Transportation Forum. ;)

From Pop...
I would post the order for the car (I would use Lyft, myself) about 45-55 min. before scheduled opening time.

1. Between 40-60 min. before park opening time.
2. Maybe.
3. Yes, to near the gate.

AND (BTW) Off we go to the DIS Transportation Forum. ;)

45-55 min before "scheduled" opening time, or when they've actually been opening? Scheduled opening time has been stated as 10 am, but they've been opening up for real at 9:30 ish (at least most rides are open then). So, I'd like to be there and be in the park when they actually open

Has the skyliner really been that backed up? to have to wait 2 hours? or are you exaggerating?

You really don't wait 2 hours but it can take that long to get from your room at Pop in the morning if you want to arrive before 10 AM to grab a BG.

The Skyliners just like the resort buses are not starting very early so as not to cause crowds at HS. And some mornings the Skyliner is not operating due to weather. Additionally the transfer process (lines) at CBR can cause major backups for the transfer to the HS line.

Dave

Last edited:
Has the skyliner really been that backed up? to have to wait 2 hours? or are you exaggerating?

The last report I saw of someone there right now said they lined up at 7 am for the Skyliner which opened at 9 am. They said that people who lined up at 8 am were super far back several buildings over.... for transportation that doesn't even open until 9 am. I'm okay going a bit later for the other parks, but I've never been on Rise and I'm determined to get a boarding pass

It's been about 1.5 weeks since I was at HS, so it could be different now. But I got in line about 8:45 ish and was in HS by 9:40. The line was backed up fairly far, but once the Skyliner opened about 8:50, it moved super fast. Maybe 10 minutes? Then had to wait in line again at CBR (but we were put in our own separate line of just people coming from Pop, which was then merged with CBR and Riviera people), that was another 10-ish minute wait. To me it wouldn't have been worth it to Uber, I had more than enough time to do what I wanted.

I'm sure this weekend is an anomaly as far as crowds go, so I wouldn't base future non-holiday trips on reports from this weekend if there are ones that are saying it's super busy.

It's been about 1.5 weeks since I was at HS, so it could be different now. But I got in line about 8:45 ish and was in HS by 9:40. The line was backed up fairly far, but once the Skyliner opened about 8:50, it moved super fast. Maybe 10 minutes? Then had to wait in line again at CBR (but we were put in our own separate line of just people coming from Pop, which was then merged with CBR and Riviera people), that was another 10-ish minute wait. To me it wouldn't have been worth it to Uber, I had more than enough time to do what I wanted.

I'm sure this weekend is an anomaly as far as crowds go, so I wouldn't base future non-holiday trips on reports from this weekend if there are ones that are saying it's super busy.

Thanks for the report! Super helpful!!

As far as the skyliner from pop goes - they were not letting pop merge with CBR from a separate line this weekend. We had to walk all the way down and wait in a very very long line at CBR to get on. So pop people had to wait in long lines twice. It was very frustrating actually. The CBR station was a madhouse of confusing lines crossing each other. They had lots of cast members directing traffic

To the op
Uber does NOT have a special lane to go into dhs they have to wait with all the other cars for the toll plaza to open. They open around 9:15 and don't allow cars to start lining up until 9 so don't order it too early
From pop to dhs parking toll is about a 5 min drive

This is GREAT information. Thanks, yulilin3!

I think I'm going to walk from Boardwalk or the gas station.

I'm staying at POP in October. I made a 7:30 breakfast reservation at Trattoria so that I can walk over and be in the park right at 9. That way I can get on and off MMRR and in line for slinky before boarding passes are even issued. You can walk over before the parking opens and before the skyliner starts.

To the op
Uber does NOT have a special lane to go into dhs they have to wait with all the other cars for the toll plaza to open. They open around 9:15 and don't allow cars to start lining up until 9 so don't order it too early
From pop to dhs parking toll is about a 5 min drive

Close yet so far!

About how long are ppl waiting in the uber's to get dropped off?

If I get in line at 9 for the sky liner at pop when it's already started moving, what are the chances I can be tapped in by 10am?

They don't want hs crowds, but the crowds build waiting for skyliner! Boo!
What's gonna happen when aoa opens?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts