Uber pricing seems high right now

In the past, I have booked Tiffany Towncar one way (from MCO to hotel) numerous times and have always gotten a 30-minute grocery stop included in the price. I have never needed to book round trip to get the grocery stop included.

I have not travelled during the Pandemic so I don't know if this has changed.
My answer was generic. Some companies only offer a stop on round-trip booking. 20 minutes is a common limit
It appears Tiffany still offers a 30 minute stop even if you booked a one way transfer.

Checking to see if the pricing for Uber/Lyft has gotten better. Trying to decide whether to book a towncar for both ways to the airport for our August trip.

I just check at 5:00 pm on Lyft and to go from the MCO airport to Boardwalk was 78.00 for the cheapest fair. So no, fares are high! :(

Just back from a quick weekend trip with some rideshare use. Overall prices are still up compared to 2019, but not insane. Waits for pickup were generally up as well.

Uber
6/18 3:20pm - MCO to Swan - Uber Comfort $39.xx
6/20 6pm - Swan to Icon Park - UberX $17.xx
6/20 11pm - Icon Park to Swan - UberX $23.xx

Lyft
6/20 10:21am - Swan to Disney Springs - Standard $12.xx
6/21 8:20am - Swan to MCO - XL $40.xx

Do rideshares in Florida still require the front seat to remain empty? Going to Disney in August with a party of 4 and trying to figure out if we can use Uber X or will need to budget for XL.

Do rideshares in Florida still require the front seat to remain empty? Going to Disney in August with a party of 4 and trying to figure out if we can use Uber X or will need to budget for XL.
As far as I know, that's a company-wide policy. The state of Florida has no policy on rideshare vehicle capacity.

You can check just by setting your pickup point someplace in Orlando and seeing what the options are. Or check the Uber or Lyft websites.

In addition to the social distancing benefit, I'm sure Uber and Lyft like the no front-seat passenger idea just because it increases their revenue.

Drivers like it because they don't have to worry about front seat passengers. So it's a win-win for the drivers and companies.

As far as I know, that's a company-wide policy. The state of Florida has no policy on rideshare vehicle capacity.

You can check just by setting your pickup point someplace in Orlando and seeing what the options are. Or check the Uber or Lyft websites.

In addition to the social distancing benefit, I'm sure Uber and Lyft like the no front-seat passenger idea just because it increases their revenue.

Drivers like it because they don't have to worry about front seat passengers. So it's a win-win for the drivers and companies.
So this will probably be permanent then? If so, I will be reducing my Uber usage.

So this will probably be permanent then? If so, I will be reducing my Uber usage.
I doubt seriously if it is permanent. Uber/Lyft cannot exist only on XL and above.

But I think it will continue until they feel comfortable reinstating Pool and whatever Lyft is calling their pool now. For the lower rate structure, neither the companies nor the driver can make it otherwise. The drivers need X and the companies need Pool (which has another similar name to drivers).

I doubt seriously if it is permanent. Uber/Lyft cannot exist only on XL and above.

But I think it will continue until they feel comfortable reinstating Pool and whatever Lyft is calling their pool now. For the lower rate structure, neither the companies nor the driver can make it otherwise. The drivers need X and the companies need Pool (which has another similar name to drivers).
I hope so. I have cut down my Uber rides for January down to four because of this rule with having to upgrade if you have a party of four, which we will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter