Uber/Lyft to Port from Universal?

lilkimmyk

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever used Uber/Lyft to get to the port from Universal? I have searched the boards and find very little info. I have lookws into car service but it's more than double what I see for Uber estimate. There are 3 of us. I also looked into renting a car but those prices are so high too.

We use Uber always to go to/from MCO but worried no one will accept the ride to Port Canaveral. Any good experiences getting to the ship this way? Please ease my mind! DH says I'm worrying for nothing but I can't help it.

ETA-cross posted to the Transportation forum.

Last edited:
In February, we used Uber to get to the port, not from Universal however. We flew in the night before and stayed at a hotel near MCO. 30 days out, you can reserve a Uber for a specific time and destination. About a week or so before our trip a driver had picked up the reservation so we knew we were good to go. He was on time and we had a great experience getting to port. We plan to do the same in November.

We took Lyft to/from Port Canaveral back in August 2019, with no issues either way, beyond figuring out where to meet the Lyft driver.

We have private transportation going TO port Canaveral for this upcoming trip, but I’m definitely debating whether to Lyft back to the airport or pay the extra for private transfers. Much as I’d love to just take the DCL bus, we don’t want to be crammed on a bus at the end of the trip just to minimize Covid risk. I’d prefer the Lyft - more flexibility, and I get x10 Chase points for it - but I worry about availability. We do have until noon to get to the airport, though.

In February, we used Uber to get to the port, not from Universal however. We flew in the night before and stayed at a hotel near MCO. 30 days out, you can reserve a Uber for a specific time and destination. About a week or so before our trip a driver had picked up the reservation so we knew we were good to go. He was on time and we had a great experience getting to port. We plan to do the same in November.
What was the cost for the Uber, if you can share?

We took an Uber to the Port from our hotel near Disney (Sheraton Visitana) in August. I think it was around $80. And then we talked to our driver and arranged for him to come get us after our cruise to go to MCO. We just paid him cash for the trip to MCO and didn’t book through Uber so he got more money in his pocket.

Has anyone ever used Uber/Lyft to get to the port from Universal? I have searched the boards and find very little info. I have lookws into car service but it's more than double what I see for Uber estimate. There are 3 of us. I also looked into renting a car but those prices are so high too.

We use Uber always to go to/from MCO but worried no one will accept the ride to Port Canaveral. Any good experiences getting to the ship this way? Please ease my mind! DH says I'm worrying for nothing but I can't help it.

ETA-cross posted to the Transportation forum.
I was wondering the same thing. I'm planning to go to Port from the Universal Studio area hotel on Embarkation Day this December. A little bit worried that no driver will pick up the ride.

You shouldn't have a problem. Also, Uber/Lyft drivers are unable to see the destination until the trip starts. If they cancel, however, is another story!

I was wondering the same thing. I'm planning to go to Port from the Universal Studio area hotel on Embarkation Day this December. A little bit worried that no driver will pick up the ride.
We have used the reserve function in the Uber app twice for this and both times, a driver picked up the ride a week out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter