Tzora ECV?

Sparkie

DIS Veteran
Has anybody used this brand of ECV before? Any experience with this brand and Disney busses?

Tzora ECV?
Has anybody used this brand of ECV before? Any experience with this brand and Disney buses?

No, I haven't, but I saw this on Amazon. They make several different scooters and this is just one of them. You can research them and read the different reviews. Maybe someone here has used or owned one.

https://www.amazon.com/Folding-Lightweight-Electric-Mobility-Scooter/dp/B00IRMUUIU

Product description
Elite Easy Travel Scooter has a unique In-Wheel-Motor design. Meaning, the motor is actually inside the front wheel. This is the only scooter manufactured that utilizes this technology. This design not only saves on space, it makes steering very easy and finally it eliminates weight making the Elite even lighter. Excellently Designed The Elite Easy Travel Scooter is a five star award wining scooter. Receiving great scores in portability, design, and performance. You can conveniently fold the Elite similar to a piece of luggage for transport in your vehicle or even by air. The Elite can be disassembled into three lightweight components for easier lifting. The total weight of the Elite without the batteries is only 58 lbs., and the heaviest part weighs 27 lbs. With no connectors, latches or mechanisms to open and close when folding or taking apart the Elite. The Elite was designed with the ideal of enhancing your quality of life by enabling you to travel whenever and wherever you want, without the restrictions of a large heavy scooter. The Elite is transported easily by car, taxi, train or plane effortlessly. The Elite comes with a heavy duty nylon protective travel cover that has many features such as thepoint design gives you 45% more stability on inclines than a scooter that uses a center seat post. The Tzora Elite is one of the world's most stable scooters available due to its amazing engineering and four point seat structure. Most all scooters have a center seat post for the seat to be attached. That designed becomes very unstable on inclines due to the center of gravity. The Tzora Elite four point design gives you 45% more stability on inclines than a scooter that uses a center seat post.

5119PWbj2mL.jpg

Here are some of the other Tzoro scooters:

41rPKKrJmsL._AC_SR201,266_.jpg

Easy Travel Elite Folding Lightweight Travel...

51%2B4hejDjFL._AC_SR201,266_.jpg

TZORA CLASSIC Lexis Light Folding Lightweight...

51jYfL-jpXL._AC_SR201,266_.jpg

Tzora Titan 4-Wheel Electric Mobility Travel...

Which Tzora scooter were you looking at?

I have seen any of these before that I remember.

Dang, that Titan lists the heaviest part at 56 pounds! I am *such* a spoiled rotten rabbit...

I would, like @RaySharpton suggested, certainly check sites like Amazon to read actual user reviews. (and Google for the exact model name/number you are interested in to see other reviews.)

I will say that the one time I parked next to one of the "original" styles, (I remember, because it was outside Garden Grill in The Land pavilion at Epcot and we started chatting about how good the food was) the lady who was driving it said that it does fold, but it was difficult for her to manage alone. When I asked her if it was comfortable, she said it was "OK, but I have to take breaks and get off of it" - and I honestly don't know if her issues with the scooter were simply related to whatever her condition was, or if she was just unhappy with the scooter. She was curious about my scooter, and happily took one of the manufacturer's referral cards; she said that they had started "doing" cruises, and was looking for something even more compact and lightweight.

Has anybody used this brand of ECV before? Any experience with this brand and Disney busses?

Your experience with Disney buses (as far as getting on and getting off) will be (basically) the same, regardless of the brand/manufacturer of scooter you buy or rent. The primary concern will be making sure that when the bus driver has to "ratchet" down those tie down straps, your scooter has a strong enough frame that it won't torq or twist the frame. That *should* be a given, but there are some scooters out there now that are never intended to be used on public transportation; Those scooters often don't have a good, structurally sound "tie down point" that can be hooked on by the Disney bus drivers. Make sure that any scooter you buy can be used on public transportation, and will be safe to tie down on the bus :)

No, I haven't, but I saw this on Amazon. They make several different scooters and this is just one of them. You can research them and read the different reviews. Maybe someone here has used or owned one.

https://www.amazon.com/Folding-Lightweight-Electric-Mobility-Scooter/dp/B00IRMUUIU

5119PWbj2mL.jpg

Here are some of the other Tzoro scooters:

41rPKKrJmsL._AC_SR201,266_.jpg

Easy Travel Elite Folding Lightweight Travel...

51%2B4hejDjFL._AC_SR201,266_.jpg

TZORA CLASSIC Lexis Light Folding Lightweight...

51jYfL-jpXL._AC_SR201,266_.jpg

Tzora Titan 4-Wheel Electric Mobility Travel...

Which Tzora scooter were you looking at?

I have seen any of these before that I remember.

I was looking at the one that folds up like a stroller. I met a lady on our cruise last May that had one and she said she could drive it all the way to the door of the plane, fold it and store it like a checked stroller. I just wondered how it would work on the busses. Could they harness it like a regular ecv?

Last edited:
Dang, that Titan lists the heaviest part at 56 pounds! I am *such* a spoiled rotten rabbit...

I would, like @RaySharpton suggested, certainly check sites like Amazon to read actual user reviews. (and Google for the exact model name/number you are interested in to see other reviews.)

I will say that the one time I parked next to one of the "original" styles, (I remember, because it was outside Garden Grill in The Land pavilion at Epcot and we started chatting about how good the food was) the lady who was driving it said that it does fold, but it was difficult for her to manage alone. When I asked her if it was comfortable, she said it was "OK, but I have to take breaks and get off of it" - and I honestly don't know if her issues with the scooter were simply related to whatever her condition was, or if she was just unhappy with the scooter. She was curious about my scooter, and happily took one of the manufacturer's referral cards; she said that they had started "doing" cruises, and was looking for something even more compact and lightweight.

Your experience with Disney buses (as far as getting on and getting off) will be (basically) the same, regardless of the brand/manufacturer of scooter you buy or rent. The primary concern will be making sure that when the bus driver has to "ratchet" down those tie down straps, your scooter has a strong enough frame that it won't torq or twist the frame. That *should* be a given, but there are some scooters out there now that are never intended to be used on public transportation; Those scooters often don't have a good, structurally sound "tie down point" that can be hooked on by the Disney bus drivers. Make sure that any scooter you buy can be used on public transportation, and will be safe to tie down on the bus :)

Exactly! That was my concern - when they cinch it down or could we just fold it? Mom doesn’t need a scooter all the time. She has COPD so one day she might. But for now walking more than 10-15 feet and she has to stop. We usually rent but with all the rental fees we’ve paid in the past we could have bought. The only public transportation we use is in Disney. But thanks you’ve given me some things to ask.

Exactly! That was my concern - when they cinch it down or could we just fold it? Mom doesn’t need a scooter all the time. She has COPD so one day she might. But for now walking more than 10-15 feet and she has to stop. We usually rent but with all the rental fees we’ve paid in the past we could have bought. The only public transportation we use is in Disney. But thanks you’ve given me some things to ask.

In the spirit of complete transparency, it's probably going to be a WHOLE bunch easier and faster for her (or you, or someone traveling with her) to drive the scooter on board the bus/back off the bus, than it will be to try and fold it and drag it up the stairs.

If you fold it, you have to HOLD it while the bus is in motion - and if it weighs more than about 50 pounds, and that bus has to make an emergency stop, or hits a bad pothole (or the curb, like we had with a trainee driver one time LOL) that folded up scooter will go flying out of your grasp, and could - let's just say WOULD - injure another Guest (or more).

If you drive it on/off the bus, it can be tied down. Presuming that it is public-transport worthy (meaning that the frame has enough structural integrity to be tied down with Disney's standard ratcheting tie-down system without bending or warping the frame) then it will be much much better to drive it on/off. What people don't think about when they say "I'll just fold my (insert mobility device here) and carry it on the bus" is that often you have shopping bags, purses, possibly even medical equipment/supply bags already hanging on the device that you have to also carry. It will take more time to remove/stow cupholders, phone holders and other accessories than you may imagine as well. It's not always just a quick "fold and go" like the manufacturers want you to believe.

I have one of the folding ones. It comes apart into 2 pieces very easily. Heaviest part is about 25 lbs if you take the battery off. Very easy to do.

Can also be folded up as one piece.

I find the basket clunky and never use it.

Not a lot of padding to the seat, but I bought one of those "purple" small seat cushions and it is better.

From disassembled to assembled in under a minute.

mamabunny- that is a good point about the weight and maintaining control on a moving vehicle. I havent been able to find information regarding if the folding ones are ok for public transport. I did find another model that I like a little better.
skylock- have you ever used your folding scooter on a Disney bus or another public transportation that had a tie down system?

mamabunny- that is a good point about the weight and maintaining control on a moving vehicle. I havent been able to find information regarding if the folding ones are ok for public transport. I did find another model that I like a little better...

Yay! I'm glad you found another model you like even more! :)

The hardest part is not being able to try it first, to really see if you like what you pick. In some (larger) cities, you can sometimes find a rental vendor - or a medical supply house at the very least - that will have one you can at least go look at, and "test sit". I bought my first scooter without ever trying it (but based on some very reliable feedback I got from an internet friend whose opinion I trusted and valued, who also owned the same model) and it was a giant leap of faith to pay so much money for something I had no experience with! I got lucky; my scooter was the perfect fit for me, and my lifestyle.

If you have to buy your scooter without trying the same (or similar) model in real life, I would suggest making sure that you read as many reviews as possible, and try to find someone who has purchased their scooter for the same reason you need one (if possible). And ask other people who own their own scooters which model they bought - and why. Everyone values different features of their scooters, often for very personal reasons; know what your #1 priority is for the scooter (and #2, and #3!) before you pull the trigger and buy one, so that you are as happy as you can be with your new travel buddy! :)

I have had 2 Tzoro Classic scooters. The first one I bought new and used for about a year. It was very light weight and broke when I drove it into a small pothole. The second one I bought used on Craig’s list. I was surprised to find a used one for sale. I used it for a few months until the whole thing fell apart. I felt I got my money’s worth out of the used one. I would never buy another one. I now have a used one I got from scooter Rama that I really like. I will say I use mine all the time and go to places like flea markets and I am going once again to the State Fair. I know the Tzoro would never had made it to places like that.

I have had 2 Tzoro Classic scooters. The first one I bought new and used for about a year. It was very light weight and broke when I drove it into a small pothole. The second one I bought used on Craig’s list. I was surprised to find a used one for sale. I used it for a few months until the whole thing fell apart. I felt I got my money’s worth out of the used one. I would never buy another one. I now have a used one I got from scooter Rama that I really like. I will say I use mine all the time and go to places like flea markets and I am going once again to the State Fair. I know the Tzoro would never had made it to places like that.

Good grief! I hope you weren't hurt the scooter broke!

Certainly if you can test one, do so.

My husband drove me 100 miles, one way, so I could test drive the one I wanted. I ended up buying the one that I test drove.

I have one of the folding ones. It comes apart into 2 pieces very easily. Heaviest part is about 25 lbs if you take the battery off. Very easy to do.

Can also be folded up as one piece.

I find the basket clunky and never use it.

Not a lot of padding to the seat, but I bought one of those "purple" small seat cushions and it is better.

From disassembled to assembled in under a minute.

May I ask what brand you have?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts