Typhoon Lagoon Shark Reef

Oh, ok they are just leopard sharks? Last year we were on our yearly disney cruise and in cozumel we went snorkeling. I love the water and fish and everything (i want to be a marinebiologist). It was sad b/c a little earlier in the year it was devestated by a hurricane, so the water had like pieces of house stuff in it. Well back to the story. The sky started to turn dark and the water was getting choppy.(i am thinking ok. something isn't right) well then the tour guide(some mexican dude who was like oh i am not mexican i am eduardian or something) was like everyone please slowly move back to the boat. Well if you look down there were just a couple of sharks down there. Well haha that just makes you want to smile! not. Nobody on the little boat wanted to do anymore snorkeling after that. He said that the sharks have been out towards the coastline ever since the hurricane. Yeah I am afraid of sharks just a bit now. but I am better now. Ok that was really OT.

I would've died. I would've freaking died. :scared1:

I didi it before. I was scared to death but at least I can say I swam with sharks. :teeth:

and MAKE SURE YOU KEEP YOUR SNORKEL THING ABOUT THE WATER!!!

because my sister didnt and she got salt water in her mouth and choked.
so DONT try and go under.

You can dive under the water with the snorkle. Just hold your breath and dive and blow the water out when you get back to the surface.

You can dive under the water with the snorkle. Just hold your breath and dive and blow the water out when you get back to the surface.

I think she meant to say that you can not breathe under water.. :rotfl2:

dont wear suntan lotion on ur face (it got in my eyes)
snorkel above water (salt in my mouth)
its very cold at first, but u get used to it (either tht or ur body gets numb..)

its a GREAT experience & i highly recommend it!

My dad and I do it every year. The water is FREEZING! But I love it. It is a lot of fun! There's also like a little reef in the middle that they let you stop on so you can rest if you need to. Hope you have fun!
Taylor*

Oh, ok they are just leopard sharks? Last year we were on our yearly disney cruise and in cozumel we went snorkeling. I love the water and fish and everything (i want to be a marinebiologist). It was sad b/c a little earlier in the year it was devestated by a hurricane, so the water had like pieces of house stuff in it. Well back to the story. The sky started to turn dark and the water was getting choppy.(i am thinking ok. something isn't right) well then the tour guide(some mexican dude who was like oh i am not mexican i am eduardian or something) was like everyone please slowly move back to the boat. Well if you look down there were just a couple of sharks down there. Well haha that just makes you want to smile! not. Nobody on the little boat wanted to do anymore snorkeling after that. He said that the sharks have been out towards the coastline ever since the hurricane. Yeah I am afraid of sharks just a bit now. but I am better now. Ok that was really OT.

My friend was attacked by a shark, in 2ft deep water. A 15 ft tiger shark on the coast of Makena, Maui.

My friend was attacked by a shark, in 2ft deep water. A 15 ft tiger shark on the coast of Makena, Maui.

OMG was she ok? My mom was attacked when we were in Hawaii. She has some scars on her leg since it was a small shark but still. We got over it and still go snorkeling.

I've done it before. You get a life vest. Water isn't that deep. You swim maybe 30 feet or so.

My only complaint is the water is cold. REALLY cold.

Yup. You get a snorkel mask and life vests. Then you get into the freezing water (but I love cold water so I am good). Then you have to float face down until the life guard taps you on your back then you are free to swim across. You swim across but you aren't allowed to kick your legs you can only use your arms, and you can't touch the fish. It's so amazing! Everything is so beautiful. If your sister doesn't want to go, but you do theres an underwater viewing area where she can watch. It's so much fun do it!

Then if you like that...you can do a tour at EPCOT where you get to go into the living seas tanks and snorkel with scuba gear in there for like 45 minutes. It's called AquaTours....it was the best experience ever! I had so much fun doing that...but that did have big sharks in it and a snapping turtle which almost touched me. So amazing I highly recommend that.

i did it. and the water is cold. yes you have a life vest, goggles, and a snorkle. and fist you stand on this little platform and then you start to swim, but it is very deep, so over your head but there are life guards in the water so if you need any help they swim right over to you. its really cool. i did it and when i go back i'm going to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter