Typhoon Lagoon Return...

Hi, I just wanted to calm some fears about BB. We went on June 29th and July 2nd (Friday before the 4th). No waits for anything except summit plummet, we did that first with no wait, and it hit maybe 15 minutes by Friday afternoon. The wave pool was crowded by Friday afternoon when we left but not human soupy.

It was one of the better water park experiences I've had because of the low wait times and uncrowdedness. Most exciting? No, but it was fun, cute, and a nice way to spend the afternoon.

That is not a collapse, they’ve been working on the hill for months.

I also understand the reopening to be early 2022 as currently planned.

I hope so.

I know this forum talks a lot about “well would you still go to Disney if they take this away or raise prices a certain way, etc”. We bought into DVC a little bit before the pandemic, under different circumstances. And personally I don’t have anything defined yet on what determines whether we keep or sell DVC yet (it would have to be a lot of little negatives adding up, more then I can even imagine probably). We want to see how the dust settles with everything first and see what normal is going forward. But if TL never opens (which I also don’t expect, but just saying), that could def be a tipping point for us to sell DVC.

Yes, I know this is just a waterpark and not the main attraction. But we spend half our summer trips at TL and it is a massive part of our vacations. BB is not a substitute for us, we don’t even bother going to it. So when all is said and done, I don’t care Disney’s reasons may be, they better not throw this park onto the chopping block.

Hadn’t been paying much attention to this but I guess the original rumor about rehires was way off, or at least inaccurate? Entirely possible that they were calling CMs back but not necessarily sending them back to TL. Seems strange to report that it would reopen this summer if that hill collapse had been an issue.

Hadn’t been paying much attention to this but I guess the original rumor about rehires was way off, or at least inaccurate? Entirely possible that they were calling CMs back but not necessarily sending them back to TL. Seems strange to report that it would reopen this summer if that hill collapse had been an issue.

Yes, sites like https://insidethemagic.net/ and https://chipandco.com/ are often wrong and take what amounts to wild guesses when they hit publish on their stories

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey guys, Just deleted a bunch of posts talking about banned sites and speculating which sites they are. Please do not do that. When typing a site use the URL and if it's asterisked out please don't get around that filter, and don't give clues to the site that no longer shows up here. The admins have good reason for banning sites and it's not up to us to speculate about it. Thanks.
Carry on with the Typhoon Lagoon discussion.

It was accurate that WDW was hiring lifeguards. The rest was speculation.

We go in January, and my husband is the most excited for Typhoon Lagoon. More than anything else at Disney. So I'm hoping these rumors are true, AND that it stays open for the winter!

We have a Christmas trip planned, hope it opens in time - would love to do an afternoon there, temperature permitting

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter