Typhoon Lagoon Return...

I'm eagerly waiting for Typhoon Lagoon to open up. We do annual passes for the water parks: on a year, off a year, and we're due! I know that even with both water parks open it's doubtful that they'll sell annual passes, but I'm willing to pay for a day ticket if both are open.
We do annual water park passes too, and in March When they opened again I went to add my 3 year old, they said that passes aren’t even in the system. Took over an hour, two buildings and countless people- they ended up comping my 3year olds ticket to match our June expiration dates (so she got three months free) and they gave me her pass on a fastpass card 🤣

their explanation? We were the first to present the problem of adding a three year old to our annual water park passes AND they aren’t in the system like regular annual passes. Basically, I was told renewal wasn’t an option and they have no idea when, or if (Plaid said with emphasis and a cough cough) they are adding them- hence the comped ticket and hour wait time while they literally scrambled to figure out a solution.

Nice of them to take care of us, but sad for us to not have them for the rest of the year 😭

Can't Disney just say its not going to open this summer, if in fact it is not? I'd just like to know one way or the other, though I'm now leaning towards it not opening. Summer officially starts next week and we haven't heard a peep other than some vague rumors about job openings for lifeguards and a permit for Typoon Tilly's.

If I didn't already have park hopper plus tickets that I bought almost 2 years ago to use for my upcoming trip in August, I don't think I'd pay for a ticket to BB knowing that the price usually includes hopping between parks. I would for TL for sure, as I think its vastly more appealing to me, but to each their own. That said, when its hotter than blazes down there in August, I'm going to pack into BB's wave pool and lazy river, just like everyone else looking to escape the heat.

More permits were filed for general construction: one for a bathroom, another for the location of crush n gusher and a third for the storm slides attraction. Could be general maintenance work to make sure the place doesn’t completely fall apart or they could be getting ready to open it. At this point, Im not capable of venturing a guess either way, but one can hope!

More permits were filed for general construction: one for a bathroom, another for the location of crush n gusher and a third for the storm slides attraction. Could be general maintenance work to make sure the place doesn’t completely fall apart or they could be getting ready to open it. At this point, Im not capable of venturing a guess either way, but one can hope!

I have seen a few comments on FB that people have heard not till next year since a lot of work needs done. I would love for it to open soon, but its starting to feel not likely.

Most of the Disney fan sites seem to be taking the permits as a sign that TL will be opening soon. But my first instincts cut the opposite way. If they are pulling construction permits, that suggests to me that they are looking to do some major maintenance and upgrade projects --- which in turn suggests that they aren't planning on opening this year and are taking advantage of the down time. Argh.

Last edited:
Most of the Disney fan sights seem to be taking the permits as a sign that TL will be opening soon. But my first instincts cut the opposite way. If they are pulling construction permits, that suggests to me that they are looking to do some major maintenance and upgrade projects --- which in turn suggests that they aren't planning on opening this year and are taking advantage of the down time. Argh.
Man, that sucks! I was super excited when they announced no masks outdoors but now with capacity continuing to increase, lack of shows returning, no TL and no FP, I’m starting to worry that I’m going to either fry in hour-long lines or stay at the hotel pool all day.

Man, that sucks! I was super excited when they announced no masks outdoors but now with capacity continuing to increase, lack of shows returning, no TL and no FP, I’m starting to worry that I’m going to either fry in hour-long lines or stay at the hotel pool all day.

Hit BB. It's fun too for sure. That huge waterside is perfect for a sunny day with a heart attack

I have put off adding the Water Parks option to my Parkhoppers because TL is still not open. I have no doubt BB is fun, but I fear it will be too crowded since there isn’t another water park to absorb the crowds. I’d rather just have a relaxing day at the resort pool than fight the crowds at BB.

I have put off adding the Water Parks option to my Parkhoppers because TL is still not open. I have no doubt BB is fun, but I fear it will be too crowded since there isn’t another water park to absorb the crowds. I’d rather just have a relaxing day at the resort pool than fight the crowds at BB.

BB hasn’t been that busy yet.

I can understand them not giving any word on fastpass returning yet or other major items, but not TL at this point. TL is not a deal breaker for most families, if not all families going to WDW. Meaning, if they announce TL opens July 10th, no one is changing their vacations for it. It’ll be a nice bonus for anyone going after that date and there would be no issues (this is a hypothetical date btw, pulled from thin air). But if fastpass was returning July 10th and they announced it now. you could make the bet that a lot of people with a vacation ending July 9th or even a few days sooner would be trying to change their vacation (I know there’s some holes with that logic but for sake of this argument....it’s not totally far off). So I view letting us know one way or the other at this point with TL as more of a courtesy on Disney’s part. Cmon Disney, give us this courtesy!

Really? I've heard more than one person say its hit capacity on more than one occasion recently. I can only imagine that will happen with more frequency in July and August.
Where have you heard this? I want this to be true so that they are forced to open TL for my upcoming July trip, but I’m not sure that it is. I found a few threads from the past two weeks and most people seem to be reporting low crowds.

The water parks never sell out. If it’s crowded- it’s from 11:00 to 2:00, but still very doable. School has been out in Orlando since May 26. You will not have a problem getting in even if not at rope drop
Here now. We got to BB at 10:05 am this morning. Short line waiting to open that grew quite a bit by 10:30. They let people through the front at 10:30 only to be held by a second rope until exactly 11:00am. It really wasn’t very crowded today. Only waited for a couple of slides for no more than 15 min. Was a great day!!
We were there last Monday. Got there around 10:15, let in at 10:30 and held at rope outside water attractions until 11. We stayed until 6 which was closing. Lines were short and it was a very enjoyable day. We were staying at Swan and had an 8 pm reservation at Shula’s that night. It worked out just right. I would go with the 7:45 reservation so you don’t feel rushed.
We went to Blizzard Beach on Wednesday June 9. Arrived at the parking lot at 11:05, just after opening. Very few cars. We had no problem getting in and finding a shady spot. Overall the crowds were low compared to many other summer days I have spent here in past years. We stayed until closing (6 p.m.) and by 5 p.m. there was no wait even for the Summit Plummet. Only ride with a wait in the last hour was the Downhill Double Dipper. Good day! No Goofy around the wave pool. I feel badly for the lifeguards having to wear masks all day outdoors in the heat. Totally understandable for CMs working indoors. We were disappointed that very little BB merchandise was available at the store. Only one themed t-shirt design, and no "I survived the Summit Plummet" type of shirt (my son wanted one like that). We love BB and always try to go there during our trips.
We went to Blizzard Beach last Monday and bought the tickets at the gate - no problem. We arrived just at opening, not even early.

I want this to be true so that they are forced to open TL for my upcoming July trip,

If they are doing maintenance and refurbishments at TL, it doesn't matter how busy BB is, they won't open. We're planning on TL in late July too and I've been pleasantly surprised at how low the crowd levels have been. That may or may not last, but for now, nothing I've seen says they're jam packed.

Where have you heard this? I want this to be true so that they are forced to open TL for my upcoming July trip, but I’m not sure that it is. I found a few threads from the past two weeks and most people seem to be reporting low crowds.
I saw it posted on Facebook a couple of times but it looks like you were much more exhaustive in your research. If they aren’t going to open TL than I hope this trend continues.

https://notesfromneverland.com/news...neys-typhoon-lagoon-reopening-date-uncertain/
I would say these photos are all but irrefutable proof that TL isn't going to open this summer. This was expected but seeing hard evidence is still a bummer.

Def not a good sign that’s for sure.

Are those large cylinders/containers part of the construction or just the back end of the wave pool? Trying to figure out exactly what that blog was referring to as a months long project. But in general, the blog’s assessment makes sense - having TL ready by the next refurbishment of BB might be more inline with Disney’s goals.

It’s all about staffing. September is almost here....then we can have staff open some of these things we miss. I don’t believe Disney has done everything awesomely, but they can only do so much until people come back to work. Trams, boat from Saratoga to Disney springs, spas, and even ice cream parlors. These are due to staffing. I was at BB during Easter break this year- getting in was great and it was not crowded. We left at 2 and there was a line to get in. They had reached capacity. However they may have increased capacity more since April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter