TV Shows in Which You've Lost Interest?

DWTS
Stumptown. I like Cobie Smulders but only made it through 2 episodes.
Law and Order SVU. I don't need that horror in my life.

***spoilers!***

The Walking Dead. It just got weird.

This is Us. They were having problems in their marriage (on the show) about the same time I was and it was uncomfortable to watch.

Supernatural. I still like the show, but the two brothers have had so many ups and downs with their characters that they are both anti-heroes and I lost interest in following their character development anymore. Plus, there's too much other drama going on with angels and demons and past characters that have died but aren't really dead. The dynamic between the brothers and their dad is what made the show good. Then they removed dad and the show was still good because of the chemistry between Dean and Sam. Now there's too much to follow and it's not so good.

Vampire Diaries. It got weird. You just can't remove the main character and continue on as if nothing happened! Plus, the vampires aren't sympathetic characters so when everyone became vampires or supernatural in some way it lost that human connection.

I guess the thing with VD would be whether you liked Elena or not. I did not. I found her whiny. I did like that they never really just acted like she didn’t exist. Damon and Stefan were the main characters for us, not her and they were what kept us watching. I think they did a great job with the last season.

The Originals, is another I watched till the bitter end but I was a little frustrated with the last season. Klaus stopped being Klaus. They totally ignored that he was a werewolf. Still loved the show but the end was heartbreaking.

Sometimes I wonder if those who develop thes shows ever think about how it will end. I mean they all end sooner or later. Sometimes the ending of a series can be maddening!

Sometimes I wonder if those who develop thes shows ever think about how it will end. I mean they all end sooner or later. Sometimes the ending of a series can be maddening!
I think it also depends on what the source material is.

Games of Thrones followed the books to a point from what I understand
Vampire Diaries I don't know if they followed the books as I didn't watch it (I did watch The Originals though) but there were books before the series was ever considered

I think it can be easier to start from scratch but the premise of the show also has to have something that can be long lasting without being dull.

We stopped watching Sleepy Hollow because the entire second season was just the same plot point it seem drawn out way too long and when it came to the third season we just felt like they had lost their way. The first season we liked so much better.

I haven't watched the newer season of Lucifer but I was glad that Netflix picked it up because the ending was like 'whoa' because we spent all this time as a "will she know or won't she" and then wham you find out but the series ends.

Arrow - after 3rd season
Castle - after 4th ? season - where they kept changing / adding more to the reason why the mother was killed
Survivor- after 3rd season
American Idol - after 3rd season
Supergirl - after 1st season but I watched til last season. This season - blech
JAG - after 3rd or 4th season. I was sad when they got rid of Meg Austin (Tracey Needham). It would have been nice if she had several cameos like they did with Andrea Parker.
NCIS - after Ziva was written off - yes, I know the actress wanted to leave but the episodes that were written to explain why she was leaving were bad. I stopped watching until Tony was leaving and watched his final episode. Then watched the two episodes when Ziva came back.
MMPR - stopped watching when they got rid of the original rangers

I really wanted to like Carol’s Second Chance but stopped watching last week.

Thought I would like Evil but gave up on that one too as well as Prefect Harmony.

Still watching Million Little things and This is Us.

Survivor ff through most of it so not sure why I hold on ...lol

Big Brother used to be my summer pleasure but have giving it up last season. As well as The Bachelor.

But I do still watch a lot of reality tv, 90 Day Fiancé and Married at First Sight.

All of them.

I watch sports and movies and that’s pretty much it. I don’t think I could name 5 shows on TV right now.

BTW - is Hawaii Five 0 still on? I liked that 3 or so years ago but...!

I think it also depends on what the source material is.

Games of Thrones followed the books to a point from what I understand
Vampire Diaries I don't know if they followed the books as I didn't watch it (I did watch The Originals though) but there were books before the series was ever considered

I think it can be easier to start from scratch but the premise of the show also has to have something that can be long lasting without being dull.

We stopped watching Sleepy Hollow because the entire second season was just the same plot point it seem drawn out way too long and when it came to the third season we just felt like they had lost their way. The first season we liked so much better.

I haven't watched the newer season of Lucifer but I was glad that Netflix picked it up because the ending was like 'whoa' because we spent all this time as a "will she know or won't she" and then wham you find out but the series ends.

Never watched Game of Thrones. But VD didn’t follow the books. The characters were switched up and new characters were in the shows. Not sure about the basic story though. I didn’t read the books. Dd tried to but just couldn’t get into the books because of the differences.

Haven’t seen Lucifer but Dd loves it.

Some shows just don’t seem to end when they should. OUAT for instance should have ended the season before. It had its ending. And then they had the last one. I loved the characters so watched but the story just wasn’t there. Especially when they started reusing fairy tale characters.

The Blacklist. Once they killed Keen, I was done! She WAS the show.

My two main ones are Survivor and The Amazing Race.

I gave up on Survivor about 2013. About two years before that it seemed like it was fixed to let Boston Rob finally win. Then two years later it was the same with other returning players. Cochran? and then some other guy. I stopped midway thru the other guy’s season. Jeff Probst definitely had a man crush on some contestants.

I just got bored with The Amazing Race a year or so later.

It pains me to say this….The Walking Dead
We’ll see it through until the end - thank goodness this is the last season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter