TV Shows in Which You've Lost Interest?

A Million Little Things
Homeland
American Housewife
Survivor
American Idol

A Million Little Things- I watched the first several episodes then lost interest. I have the remaining ones on the DVR put haven't watched.

Modern Family- used to watch it every week. The past couple of years haven't been that funny to me and haven't watched.

Dancing with the stars, since they changed to a poll, doesn't matter if you can dance or not, just a popularity contest. Stopped watching after the rapper stayed 3 weeks and all he ever did was shuffle his feet. The judges kept giving him 1 or 2 but the popular vote kept him.

There are a lot of shows I gave 3 or 4 episodes and never went back. The one I watched for a long time and then gave up on was Law & Order SVU. The stories just got a little monotonous and I got tired of Mariska.

One I'm starting to finally get tired of is Criminal Minds. I have watched it from the beginning and it was my favorite show for a while I think it dropped a lot when both Hotch and Morgan's characters left. I'm almost watching at this point because I'm sticking it out through the end but it isn't as good as it was for the first decade.

Shameless! I loved it and it's gotten so stale. It's disappointing.
I gave up the Walking Dead a few years ago because of the "dream sequences" and time hops. The show simply isn't good enough for them to even attempt that.
And Survivor.
I used to love it, but now it's all models and drama instead of the real premise the show was based on.

It's a rarity for me, but one was ER back in the day. I was a huge fan, until they killed off Mark Green. I could've stayed on board, but they way they did it was pretty lame after he had already beat cancer once. Then in the very next episode someone walks into a helicopter blade. I turned it off at that moment. and never watched again. I figured the writers were just killing and maiming because they were out of ideas.

Shameless! I loved it and it's gotten so stale. It's disappointing.
I gave up the Walking Dead a few years ago because of the "dream sequences" and time hops. The show simply isn't good enough for them to even attempt that.
And Survivor.
I used to love it, but now it's all models and drama instead of the real premise the show was based on.

Ah yes, Shameless for me too! Watched every season until this last one, they just keep recreating the same plots over and over.

Dancing with the Stars
Scorpion
Blindspot
Quantico
Lost
Heroes
Z Nation
...I'm sure there are many more

I'll be honest, I didn't lose interest, none of the shows listed above ever captured my interest.
Now, when I worked at a CBS station we used to talk the next day on air about who got voted off, so I would pay some attention to that show.
The crew was unanimous in wanting JEFF PROBST voted off.
We never understood HOW that show got on the air, and it premiered almost 19 years ago and is STILL ON.

I'll be honest, I didn't lose interest, none of the shows listed above ever captured my interest.
Now, when I worked at a CBS station we used to talk the next day on air about who got voted off, so I would pay some attention to that show.
The crew was unanimous in wanting JEFF PROBST voted off.
We never understood HOW that show got on the air, and it premiered almost 19 years ago and is STILL ON.
Agree. I’ve never watched a single episode of the singing/dancing/surviving contest-type shows and I doubt I ever will. Cop/detective shows are also not my thing so there goes 3/4 of the network line-ups. :confused3

My recent one is The Walking Dead. I quit when they killed off the Jesus character because I felt like that was the last straw.

I also gave up on This Is Us after the first year. Quality show but didn't hold my interest.

Last edited:
This is Us... boring this season. I don't think I'll watch it next season.

SMILF was good last season... not so much this one.

I gave up on Grey's years ago.

How I Met Your Mother got really bad and I quit watching in the next to last season, but then came back for the final season. Huge mistake!

There are a few British shows I started watching but the show got weird after actors' initial contract ran out and they left. Don't know if it's true, but I read somewhere that the standard contract for actors on British shows is 3 years so you'll often see a lot of changes from Year 4 on. Monarch of the Glen and Ballykissangel were good but then pivotal characters decided not to continue and they were written out.

Agree. I’ve never watched a single episode of the singing/dancing/surviving contest-type shows and I doubt I ever will. Cop/detective shows are also not my thing so there goes 3/4 of the network line-ups. :confused3
Our TV viewing habits are sad.
We watch 60 year old reruns of Perry Mason during dinner.
We watch Love It Or List it because we are still amazed that similar 3,000 square foot homes are selling for $200,000 in one part of the U.S. and $2 million in another.
I will tune in my "Judge" shows, (Paternity, Judy, People's Court) just to see stupid people

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter