TV Shows in Which You've Lost Interest?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by disney junky, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Gumbo4x4

Gumbo4x4 Note to the ladies who forgot to

Yes, Quantico! So excited for this show and the constant time change turned me off.

ronandannette likes this.
  2. RangerPooh

RangerPooh DIS Veteran

I stopped watching Walking Dead after last spring. Haven;t watched Survivor in a few years. DH and I use to Tivo it on nights when we had class.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. jaybirdsmommy

jaybirdsmommy DIS Veteran

Most all of them that go over 2 seasons. It seems like they can keep my interest for that long, then I get bored.

5. starry_solo

starry_solo DIS Veteran

Survivor (stopped after the 2nd season)
    American Idol (stopped after the 3rd season)
    Dancing with the Stars (stopped after the season that Mark Ballas won with the gymnast)
    Arrow (stopped after the 3rd season)
    ER (stopped after the 3rd season)
    X-Files (stopped after the "first" season revival)
    NCIS (stopped after they got rid of Ziva, came back for the finale where Tony left., left again after the first or second episode of them trying to find a replacement for Tony)

On the bubble:
    Supergirl - I want a superhero tv show, not something that lectures me
    The Flash - it really is getting worse than before

I think that's it.

6. Squirlz

Squirlz DIS Veteran

We watched Supergirl at first and really enjoyed it. Then they switched it to the CW channel with it's terrible low resolution picture and it became impossible to watch.

7. firefly_ris

firefly_ris DIS Veteran

I don't watch much to begin with... I also have a hard time keeping track of shows and then when they change times I tend to just forget about them after a while.

Modern Family -- we still watch this sometimes but have lost most interest. Just gone on too long I guess.
    Marvelous Miss Maisel - I really liked this but there were a few slow episodes and just kind of forgot about it. I think we made it to season 2 and haven't watched any since Christmas time.

I do like The Good Place but have lost track of where I'm at in that show because we missed like half the season so now I don't know what's happening anymore. I tend to catch up on these kinds of things when they put the whole season on a streaming service. Superstore is kind of fun but also something I don't go out of my way to watch, just wait for it to show up on streaming.

The only shows I guess I really make an attempt to keep up with right now are Brooklyn Nine Nine and Bob's Burgers. And Stranger Things but that's all released at one time so not sure that counts.

Otherwise I'm more of a movies person... or I re-watch old sitcoms a lot lately, I guess I'm just looking for more wholesome stuff, lol. I started watching Perfect Strangers from the beginning while I'm on the treadmill and my kids are in to Full House. Thanks Hulu.

8. Sandeep1

Sandeep1 Mouseketeer

Same. I dumped it within a few episodes after it moved to the CW.

I dumped Flash 2 seasons ago. Just couldn't do it anymore.

9. cayennews

cayennews Mouseketeer

Grey's Anatomy
    Dancing with the Stars

10. RedAngie

RedAngie 80's New Wave Girl

Reality competition shows like Survivor and The Amazing Race-about 5 years ago. Just got bored with them.
    SVU
    Archer
    Gotham

11. powellrj

powellrj DIS Veteran

This is us after the 1st season
    NCIS when Tony left

The only major network show I have left on the DVR is Big Bang and Young Sheldon. The rest are cable things like Top Chef and Vanderpump Rules.

12. L&Lfan

L&Lfan DIS Veteran

Riverdale. I still watch it but if it got canceled I wouldn’t miss it.

Gumbo4x4 likes this.
  13. E&Cmom

E&Cmom DIS Veteran

I stop watching Grey’s Anatomy about 2-3 seasons ago. I didn’t care once Christina and Derek we’re gone.

Orange is the New Black. I haven’t bothered with the last season yet.

abdmom likes this.
  14. FlightlessDuck

FlightlessDuck Y kant Donald fly?

Blacklist
    Agents of SHIELD (we'll rewatch it)
    Once Upon a Time
    Big Bang Theory
    Gotham
    X-Files -- Didn't watch when Duchovny was away, didn't finish the first revival season.
    Arrow -- although I'm still watching in the hopes it gets better.
    Glee. Watched this on Netflix after it was already done. Couldn't go through with continuing past season 3 because of happened to the actor that played Finn. Don't like that Kurt was kind of stereotypical.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  15. emer95

emer95 DIS Veteran

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I thought of This is Us. I loved it initially! My friends at work and I would eagerly discuss it the next day. Now I have several weeks on the DVR and I'm not interested in watching them at all. The characters have become very annoying, and I'm starting to grow tired of the flashback format.

There isn't much I enjoy on TV anymore. Sadly, I usually keep it on as background noise while I'm on my phone.

16. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

That's funny, I stopped watching ER about the same time. The whole "mean doctor loses arm to helicopter accident" so jumped the shark for me. Interestingly enough, I started to watch it again in the final season and found it to be engaging again.

bethbuchall likes this.
  17. superme80

superme80 DIS Veteran

Once Upon a Time. I was so mad after that stupid Frozen story line. Then Zelena showed up and would not go away! I hated to give it up, but I couldn't do it anymore. So glad it finally got cancelled. The one show DH and I intentionally did not finish was the IT Crowd. We didn't want it to end, so we still haven't watched the last episode. As a young adult Felicity. Once she cut her hair, I stopped caring. I am about to start Season 2 of Vampire Diaries, so we shall see how it goes!

18. elgerber

elgerber DIS Veteran

American Horror Story. After hate watching several seasons, I finally just quit.

19. Floridaman999

Floridaman999 Livin' the life

All of them. I could count on 1 hand how many TV shows I watch these days.

20. luvsJack

luvsJack DIS Veteran

Just this season, I have lost interest in SVU. I still like the characters, its not really that. But I love Chicago PD and NCIS New Orleans. SVU just seems to be sloowww moving after watching those two. The episodes look interesting, I just want to push them along.

Arrow is sort of the same way. I start each season thinking "this is going to be good", and then I get tired of the storyline. The first couple of seasons, I did enjoy.

I find I don't finish any of the competition type shows so don't tend to start with them. I do like Masked Singer so think I will watch it to the end but honestly it seems like its just the right length of time.

21. camreesmom

camreesmom DIS Veteran

Criminal Minds - it just isn't the same without Hotch and Morgan.

Quantico - watched the first season and couldn't get back into it the second season.

The Blacklist - we loved this show and then got really busy after Season 3 and never got caught back up.