Tusker House Breakfast OOP

Lily13

Earning My Ears
Hi! I need some advice.... going to DW in 26 days and have all of my ADR’s set. My 7yo son has been talking about Tusker House and saying it is his fave place to eat. We have been there before for lunch and it was great. I didn’t have a reservation for Tusker House because I wanted to try new places this time. I was able to grab a reservation for breakfast on our AK day today. My question is, is it worth it to pay out of pocket for this? We are on the dining plan and I have already made all of our reservations and “used” our table service credits. Thank you!!

The buffet breakfast at Tusker is one of the cheaper character meals. I'd say go ahead and pay out of pocket since you probably have other meals that are more expensive and would be more cost effective to use the dining credits for.

My 7yo son has been talking about Tusker House and saying it is his fave place to eat. We have been there before for lunch and it was great

Breakfast is nothing special. If he loved lunch, that’s likely what he wants.

And given that I’ve never had the dining plan, yes lunch is worth paying for.

Hi! I need some advice.... going to DW in 26 days and have all of my ADR’s set. My 7yo son has been talking about Tusker House and saying it is his fave place to eat. We have been there before for lunch and it was great. I didn’t have a reservation for Tusker House because I wanted to try new places this time. I was able to grab a reservation for breakfast on our AK day today. My question is, is it worth it to pay out of pocket for this? We are on the dining plan and I have already made all of our reservations and “used” our table service credits. Thank you!!

Depends on what your other ADRs are. You may have something else booked that would be cheaper than Tusker House OOP.

Agree with OP that you probably need to book the meal your son is remembering. Of course, if what he remembers is the characters or just the atmosphere, then the food won't matter.

I asked him what he likes about Tusker House and he said the characters and the food, the lunch food. He did not seem interested in breakfast. I feel bad because this is the only place he said he wants to go.

I would book it, he can see the characters he likes and you can try the breakfast. I myself prefer their breakfast over the lunch. You may see if he would like Garden Grill at Epcot. It is a relaxing vibe with tons of character interaction.

I asked him what he likes about Tusker House and he said the characters and the food, the lunch food. He did not seem interested in breakfast. I feel bad because this is the only place he said he wants to go.

Keep trying. If you can get a late breakfast (around 10:30 or later), then you'll get breakfast first and they'll start changing to lunch while you're there, so you get that too (but for the breakfast price)

PLEASE tell us where your other ADRs are. Unless they are all buffets, I bet there is one of them that will be cheaper than Tusker.

I was able to snag a 2:00 Tusker House Reservation on our AK day since my son really wants to be there, at lunch. Our other ADRs include:

The Wave Dinner on Arrival Day
Chef Mickey's Brunch
Storybook Dining Dinner
Be Our Guest Breakfast
'Ohana Dinner
Spice Road Dinner
Sci-Fi Lunch Out of Pocket
1900 Park Fare OR Boma dinner???????
Tusker House Lunch
Minnie's Beach Bash Breakfast departure day

Let me know your thoughts! I would love any and all advice and opinions! :)

First question: How many NIGHTS are you staying? Just want to be sure we have the numbers right.

Okay, depending on what you order at The Wave and Spice Road, either of these will be cheaper than Tusker.

BUT you can also do some fun finagling. For the adults, one use credits at these two restaurants and the other pay OOP. You still get one dessert you can share, but spend less over all. For the kids, use their credits at ALL buffets and pay OOP at one of your a la carte places. The a la carte kid meals are usually around $10 which is WAY less than the buffet prices.

First question: How many NIGHTS are you staying? Just want to be sure we have the numbers right.

Okay, depending on what you order at The Wave and Spice Road, either of these will be cheaper than Tusker.

BUT you can also do some fun finagling. For the adults, one use credits at these two restaurants and the other pay OOP. You still get one dessert you can share, but spend less over all. For the kids, use their credits at ALL buffets and pay OOP at one of your a la carte places. The a la carte kid meals are usually around $10 which is WAY less than the buffet prices.

We will be staying 7 nights! :)

We always do a PPO breakfast at Tusker House. It is one of the better breakfasts in WDW and afterwards we can do a walk on of Kilimanjaro. If you have never eaten at Boma's you need to do it once. The food there is great I have made a meal out of just the soups there and any place that has all you can eat Zebra Domes for desert starts at 3 stars.

We always do a PPO breakfast at Tusker House. It is one of the better breakfasts in WDW and afterwards we can do a walk on of Kilimanjaro. If you have never eaten at Boma's you need to do it once. The food there is great I have made a meal out of just the soups there and any place that has all you can eat Zebra Domes for desert starts at 3 stars.
Would you recommend Boma over 1900 Park Fare? I know they are completely different, but I am having a hard time deciding. I am usually not this indecisive. It would be dinner at both restaurants. Thanks! :)

Keep trying. If you can get a late breakfast (around 10:30 or later), then you'll get breakfast first and they'll start changing to lunch while you're there, so you get that too (but for the breakfast price)

PLEASE tell us where your other ADRs are. Unless they are all buffets, I bet there is one of them that will be cheaper than Tusker.

Will they say anything if you just start eating the lunch? I was wondering this because our reservation is at 10:40 and I didn’t think We would quite be finished by 11 if we wanted more to eat.

Will they say anything if you just start eating the lunch? I was wondering this because our reservation is at 10:40 and I didn’t think We would quite be finished by 11 if we wanted more to eat.
Yes, no problem at all.

Once 11:00 roles around, they will make one side of the buffet lunch, and the other side remain breakfast. You will be completely free to pick from either side! Best of both worlds! In fact, your server will recommend to you to try the lunch options.

And, no matter what, your check will be for the breakfast price.

Would you recommend Boma over 1900 Park Fare? I know they are completely different, but I am having a hard time deciding. I am usually not this indecisive. It would be dinner at both restaurants. Thanks! :)
For dinner I would have to recommend Boma, no characters but the place reminds me of how good the food used to be at all of WDW. I was shocked when the then 17 and 9 year old girls both asked to Boma to our every trip meal list. Now to be completely honest the night we had dinner there in June they had pot roast and that girl lives for pot roast and a huge desert selection.

I was able to snag a 2:00 Tusker House Reservation on our AK day since my son really wants to be there, at lunch. Our other ADRs include:

The Wave Dinner on Arrival Day
Chef Mickey's Brunch
Storybook Dining Dinner
Be Our Guest Breakfast
'Ohana Dinner
Spice Road Dinner
Sci-Fi Lunch Out of Pocket
1900 Park Fare OR Boma dinner???????
Tusker House Lunch
Minnie's Beach Bash Breakfast departure day

when checking prices about which to pay out of pocket remember that even through you need a Ressie Be Our Guest is a counter serve credit not table serve. I would look at what you plan to get at The Wave and Spice Road and see if either would be cheaper than Tusker House. you can pay OOP for any meal doesn't have to be the ones planned first

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter