TS Resturaunt Coming to All Stars

I wonder how much you can raise rates if you open a table service and say it's "just like" the $275 rooms you sell at port orleans?

...nah...there's no way that can be the angle...

It's all about wishes, magic, and dreams...not money...

Here comes that line ..... So far all the price "adjustments", because of being in the deluxe and moderate price range, have been just moving people around within the disney resort system... changing tiers if you will.... while the values sort of remained the same (at least all stars)--- this change couldl cut off the supply of rooms that may already be at the top of the vacation budget for a lot of folks... The all stars platinum deluxe...

They will consider it a justification to raise prices. But most people who stay at values do so because they want a cheaper room. I don't see many who want to possibly do a lower budget trip want to fork over $20-$25 a person for a meal.

I wonder if this will help them justify rising the prices here similar to how Pop will increase prices once the gondola is open - so each big "value" has something new and special, thus you can increase the price of all

It's like when you go to buy cold medicine - everything is "extra strength" or "maximum strength" - you can't even find "regular strength"
This is true. Not everyone wants "NEW" and "DAZZLE". I'm looking for a cheap place to stay with a little Disney magic. If the prices increase I'm just going to continue to look for alternative cheaper options.

This is true. Not everyone wants "NEW" and "DAZZLE". I'm looking for a cheap place to stay with a little Disney magic. If the prices increase I'm just going to continue to look for alternative cheaper options.

Yeah-- I think it is going to get increasingly difficult.

I am wondering if they are thinking the value of staying on site (assuming they do extra Star Wars hours like they did for Pandora) will be there for many people that they can justify the increased costs

I was just thinking about how this will likely be a win-win for Disney. They will not only charge more for their Motel 6 group of resorts but the faithful will likely have to try the new restaurant because it's Disney. They are very clever sometimes.

Nope, not abducted by aliens just tired of the constant money grubbing.

Maybe while they're at it they can enclose the walkways, so the value (and mods) aren't just motels with some giant fiberglass thingies around?

Obviously, I mean "giant magical fiberglass themeing thingies of Disney wonderfulness" - the kind without proper hallways, room service, and spread across a bunch of buildings awesomesauce. That's what I really meant.

In the bubble too.

LOL. Thanks for the clarification..

Maybe while they're at it they can enclose the walkways, so the value (and mods) aren't just motels with some giant fiberglass thingies around?
I doubt they could enclose the existing walkways because fire code probably requires a means of outside egress.

I doubt they could enclose the existing walkways because fire code probably requires a means of outside egress.

Exactly.

Here's the thing that's getting buried: those hotels were built intentionally to be priced at their levels (approximately)...at least all from 1988 on were...

Now there seems to be this trend on the DIS to somehow justify jacking all the lower end ones into the $200-300 range.

That is not correct and never will be. You are getting screwed...it is what it is and they are what they are. Demand MORE!

Happy Monday, everyone.

They'll never say it...they'll just hope nobody notices

I cannot imagine what kind of restaurant they'll even put in. I also wonder if the demand was really there for this. I think Disney quick serve at the low to mid end resorts is pretty decent and is better than what you'd find at the deluxe resorts. They have more variety, more daily specials, large portions, and decent prices. It baffles me why a sit down would even be researched as being necessary. The demo here fits as these are usually your dining plan purchasers, but they're also the park commandos, and are they really going to spend their precious DDP credit on AS TS fare?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter