TS @ Moderates worth it?

JustinS30

Mouseketeer
Maybe I’m missing this question elsewhere, but in regards to the TS restaurants at the moderate resorts. Are they worth ADRs? Are they worth dining at if not staying at the resort? I’ve heard great things about Boatwrights @port Orleans Riverside, but conceptually I’m struggling with it. Maybe I’m over-thinking it. Thoughts?

IMO, Boatwright's is not so special that it's worth traveling to if that's not where you're staying.
The new restaurant on the lake at Coronado looks amazing, but not sure I would make a special trip there, or to any of the mods for that matter.

IMO, Boatwright's is not so special that it's worth traveling to if that's not where you're staying.
The new restaurant on the lake at Coronado looks amazing, but not sure I would make a special trip there, or to any of the mods for that matter.

Interesting point. This fits with what I expected to be the case prior to hearing from others.

We don't waste any time with the moderate TS restaurants in fact the girls dislike Boatwrights. We have had better luck at CS in the deluxe hotels than the TS in moderates.

We have traveled several times to other resorts (while on property) to try their TS restaurants. Boatwrights was ok, not worth the hassle, Mya Grill at Coronado was great (at least for us) quite and great food, Sanna at AKL is a must and so is Boma, Turf Club at SS is excellent and a hidden treasure and if you like fried chicken the Olivia's at OKW is a must. So yes there are some really good restaurants out there, you just have to weight the time it takes from where you are staying and where you are going after.

We like Boatwrights but we stay at French Quarter so it is just a short walk for us. I have heard good things about some of the others but not enough to go out of our way.

We like Boatwrights but we stay at French Quarter so it is just a short walk for us. I have heard good things about some of the others but not enough to go out of our way.

I’m starting to hear this kind of perspective a lot more now that I’m thoroughly looking into it. I appreciate the feedback!

I have only tried Boatwrights out of all the TS at the mods. I gave it two chances, and I'm sorry it is probably the worst restaurant I've eaten at while at Disney.

Also, just as perspective, our family said never again to Homecomin' as well, although it wasn't awful. I just think my family has become accustomed to the way I prepare our food, so any restaurant claiming to be "southern" usually isn't up to our standards.

If you are going after the Skyliner is open, Sebastians at CBR may be worth the trip. I really enjoyed it when I went (first week open), but the menu has changed a bit since then unfortunately so I don't know how the new options are.

If you are going after the Skyliner is open, Sebastians at CBR may be worth the trip. I really enjoyed it when I went (first week open), but the menu has changed a bit since then unfortunately so I don't know how the new options are.

Thanks I’ll definitely take a look!

I have only tried Boatwrights out of all the TS at the mods. I gave it two chances, and I'm sorry it is probably the worst restaurant I've eaten at while at Disney.

Also, just as perspective, our family said never again to Homecomin' as well, although it wasn't awful. I just think my family has become accustomed to the way I prepare our food, so any restaurant claiming to be "southern" usually isn't up to our standards.

I know I may get blasted on here but we were not fans of Homecomin' at all either. We were so looking forward to it and felt it was a big let down IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!