Trying to upgrade with a split stay

mamacass

Mouseketeer
We have our package with dining all paid for but thought it might be nice to do an upgrade for the last three nights. But it seems very complicated and much more expensive than just the price difference of the rooms. Am I missing something?

We have our package with dining all paid for but thought it might be nice to do an upgrade for the last three nights. But it seems very complicated and much more expensive than just the price difference of the rooms. Am I missing something?

It can be kind of a pain in the butt.

You'll have to book a separate reservation for the 3 nights at a different resort.

If you are doing just a room, you'll need to put down a 1 nights room stay deposit.

If you are wanting dining on that portion as well, you'll need to put at least a 1 day ticket on there, making it a package, with $200 down and the bal due 45 days out.

I had no idea it was that complicated. I to was thinking about doing a split stay but if I have to buy another park ticket it makes it not realistic for us. We already had our tickets so we only bought a one day ticket.

The easiest and most cost effective thing to do is to create a package with your first stay - room, tickets (with enough days for your entire stay at both resorts) and dining (if you want it). Then do a separate, room-only stay for your second resort and use your park tickets from your first resort. Adding dining to the second part of a split stay is not cost effective as you have to buy more park tickets in order to do it. Unless you think you can use the additional park tickets at a future date. If you are willing to forego the dining plan for your last three nights, it won't be that expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter