Trying high end restruants without an entree, any ideas?

bound4wdw

Mouseketeer
We are headed to WDW and want to try a few different restaurants with TS without breaking the bank, so far we have a ADR for Le Cellier, and are planning on just trying the cheddar soup and the maple creme brûlée. Does anyone have ideas about other TS that are worth trying for something different. We are going to try to get the grapefruit cake from the QS, if not we will try to get onto the Brown Derby. Looking for light eating, not buffets. Thanks in advance.

Many of the TS locations have really good appetizers (and desserts). Some of my favorites are:
Rose & Crown - Scotch Egg (also available at the pub)
Via Napoli - Arancini and the Coppa Di Brutti Ma Buoni sundae
Liberty Tree Tavern - Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake
Raglan Road - Scallop Forest and Dunbrody Kiss
Narcoossee's - Calamari

Have a look at the menus for the TS restaurants here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningmain.cfm

or at allears.net

This will give you a very good idea of the variety of appetizers and desserts that are available all over WDW. Of course you would have to skip past any buffets or family style restaurants (like Ohana, Garden Grill, LTT dinner, etc)

We are headed to WDW and want to try a few different restaurants with TS without breaking the bank, so far we have a ADR for Le Cellier, and are planning on just trying the cheddar soup and the maple creme brûlée. Does anyone have ideas about other TS that are worth trying for something different. We are going to try to get the grapefruit cake from the QS, if not we will try to get onto the Brown Derby. Looking for light eating, not buffets. Thanks in advance.

I think your best bet would to stick to appetizers (and desserts). Cheese plates (Narcosse's and other places) might be an option.

Lots of yummy apps and desserts. Here are some I enjoyed:
-LeCellier: Lobster chopped salad
-Tutto: Prosciutto di Parma
-Via Napoli: Arancini, Fritto Misto platter
-Les Chef: Lobster Bisque
-Jiko: One Last Cup dessert
-Narcoossee's: Crab Cakes, Almond Crusted Cheesecake
-Cali Grill (will be closed until autumn): Any of the sushi

I often do appetizers and desserts, and by the time I'm done, it can be just as pricey as getting an entree. :rotfl2:

I don't know if the mussels appetizer survived the Le Cellier menu changes, but that was my lunch there last month. It was a huge portion, enough to satisfy me as lunch. With a pretzel bread stick, of course. :goodvibes

I sometimes do soups and salads, or a soup and a hot appetizer, or a side dish. At Flying Fish, I did an appetizer duo and the side dish of a truffled mac and cheese that was big enough to be an entree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter