True Blood - Season Three

rpmdfw

<font color=red>I feel similarly about the cha-cha
Okay, who else is watching True Blood this season?

I have to say I LOVED the season opener. They've set up so many storylines this time around.

And wow! We see a lot of Eric, Bill, and Sam in this episode. And of course Jason is naked! :hyper:

So what is everybody thinking?

Okay, who else is watching True Blood this season?

I have to say I LOVED the season opener. They've set up so many storylines this time around.

And wow! We see a lot of Eric, Bill, and Sam in this episode. And of course Jason is naked! :hyper:

So what is everybody thinking?

I like it. I wasn't blown away, but I thought it was good. We're huge fans and have read all the books and watched both seasons. I keep having to tell myself to not expect anything from the books, especially now. It was great seeing Bill and Sam thing......freaked me out there for a second. And Jason naked is always a plus.

it was good i hope it goes back to the more risqué and sexy stuff this year, last year they kinda toned it down too much. the bill/sam dream was super hot. :)

I read all the book and watched both seasons. I wonder if they're going to continue Jason's storyline as written in the books. I read they're introducing a character named Crystal this season.

I read all the book and watched both seasons. I wonder if they're going to continue Jason's storyline as written in the books. I read they're introducing a character named Crystal this season.

Don't tell me what happened in the books! :eek:

:rotfl:

Honestly, I haven't read the books, but do intend to. I'm trying to avoid spoilers for the t.v. series until the episodes have aired, at least.

No, I would never do that!! I read that in the Chicago Tribune - they had a list of all the new characters this season.

Don't tell me what happened in the books! :eek:

:rotfl:

Honestly, I haven't read the books, but do intend to. I'm trying to avoid spoilers for the t.v. series until the episodes have aired, at least.

Even if you read the books, the series is SO different. For example (and this doesn't really spoil anything) the Mayenad or however you spell it, in the books was such a very small and tiny part. I think the whole story about her took up 5 pages. LOL

I've read every book of the series now. Her latest came out in May. I think she only has one more left. I read an article where she said that the books are one thing and the series is another. They're not meant to follow one another at all, just a basis to base the series off of in a general way. Each stands alone. It's hard for me to watch and not go, "but but...in the book.....!!!"

You should read them. Totally a new perspective on everything. At times, it makes me wish they would follow the books, but then you would know what happens in the series and nothing would be a surprise.

I've seen some pictures of the actor playing another new character named "Alcide" or something similar.

OH. MY. GOD! :worship:

He is one FINE hunk of man!::yes::

I've seen some pictures of the actor playing another new character named "Alcide" or something similar.

He's one of my favorite characters in the book. Steven and I BOTH fell in love with him. When we saw who was playing him, we both were like, "he's perfect".

He's one of my favorite characters in the book. Steven and I BOTH fell in love with him. When we saw who was playing him, we both were like, "he's perfect".

Yes. "Perfect" is definitely a word that works! :thumbsup2
tp3promo13.jpg

WOOF!

Ok, so I just got HBO for this series, (after a lot of complaining, and a marathon viewing of season 2 on blu-ray).

Any comments on the second episode of the season?

SOOO many story lines branching at this point. I just hope that they can keep the momentum going.

It seem they take the general idea of the books, and twist it enough to keep it interesting :)

My jaw dropped when the Bill and Sam scene came up. I was hoping for more more more!! Did you all watch the mini-episodes?

Okay, finally got the chance to watch Sunday night's episode on the DVR last night.

I'm glad that they finally introduced Alcide, but I'm bummed that they kept his clothes on for the entire episode! :rotfl:

I have to say, I really, REALLY hate Lorena. I hope Sookie stakes her, and stakes her soon.

I really like that the person to find the body of the guy that Jessica accidentally killed was Hoyt. Nice little irony there.

Sam's brother is hot, but that whole "birth family" thing is going to be nothing but bad news for Sam.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Did you read the books? IF they follow the crystal/jason story it will be very interesting!

Even if you read the books, the series is SO different. For example (and this doesn't really spoil anything) the Mayenad or however you spell it, in the books was such a very small and tiny part. I think the whole story about her took up 5 pages. LOL

I've read every book of the series now. Her latest came out in May. I think she only has one more left. I read an article where she said that the books are one thing and the series is another. They're not meant to follow one another at all, just a basis to base the series off of in a general way. Each stands alone. It's hard for me to watch and not go, "but but...in the book.....!!!"

You should read them. Totally a new perspective on everything. At times, it makes me wish they would follow the books, but then you would know what happens in the series and nothing would be a surprise.
I do the same thing " but in the book" my dh finally said forget the books, I don't want to know what happened in the book.........LOL

oh yes, I agree, and he fits Alcide perfectly, just exactly as I imagined him in the books

Yes. "Perfect" is definitely a word that works! :thumbsup2
tp3promo13.jpg

WOOF!
:lovestruc:lovestruc

Okay, finally got the chance to watch Sunday night's episode on the DVR last night.

I'm glad that they finally introduced Alcide, but I'm bummed that they kept his clothes on for the entire episode! :rotfl:

I have to say, I really, REALLY hate Lorena. I hope Sookie stakes her, and stakes her soon.

I really like that the person to find the body of the guy that Jessica accidentally killed was Hoyt. Nice little irony there.

Sam's brother is hot, but that whole "birth family" thing is going to be nothing but bad news for Sam.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Re: Lorena,,,,,,,,,IF they follow the books here is a spoiler in white
Sookie DOES stake her :)

Biggest question, what did you think of the ending??

Biggest question, what did you think of the ending??

Eh. Interesting. Could have done without the blatant display of heterosexuality. I swear, I wish those straight people would stop throwing it in our faces! :rotfl:

Eh. Interesting. Could have done without the blatant display of heterosexuality. I swear, I wish those straight people would stop throwing it in our faces! :rotfl:

LOL, it wasn't all hetero nonsense, what about the beginning, with Pam??:lmao::lmao:

and just wait, IF they follow the books, there is another character with interesting sexual tendencies. thats all I will say.

Thought it was a great episode and I'm SO glad that Alcide has finally been introduced. I'm not crazy about Sam's family. Yes, his brother is cute, but unless he comes around, I find the entire family so irritating.

I'm liking how they're following the book this season more than I thought they would, but have thrown in some major differences.

Oh and great job in putting spoilers in the post in white letters so people can highlight them if they want. Genius. :)

Oh and great job in putting spoilers in the post in white letters so people can highlight them if they want. Genius. :)

Except that some of us read the responses in our email, and it all shows up there. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter