*Truck and Towing thread........ask your questions here.*

Not terrifying. Think of a slight push and pull. You feel wind gusts more. I don't think you will notice it much with the F150. The trailer is small enough and the truck wheelbase is big enough to stabilize the push/pull you would get.

I guess one nice thing, so I'm told, about my trailer-to-be is that the wheels are on the outside of the trailer. I'm hoping this push and pull thing you all are talking about isn't that bad! :) I'm starting to wish I could just have the same job I was given as a kid while in the backseat of the van while pulling the pop-up camper. To keep me busy and quiet, my parent's gave me the job of making sure the pop-up camper was still there behind us. Luckily it never went anywhere. :)

I think with your truck and that trailer you will probably have some effects, but they should not be dramatic and you'll adapt fast and begin to anticipate it thus making it not a big deal.

I appreciate that you have so much faith in me! :)

Well, my tow vehicle hit a milestone tonight.

I'm down in Gulf Shores now for a Half Marathon tomorrow and my 2005 Chevy Suburban rolled over 200,000 miles. I told my guys at the shop last time that have serviced my family fleet for the last 25 years, "you got me nearly 200k - now let's go get 200k more". They laughed at me and said as long as the engine and tranny hold out, it could happen.

Bama Ed

PS - yeah, I know, dead oil temp gauge... replacing that is not real high on my priority list.

Well, my tow vehicle hit a milestone tonight. My 2005 Chevy Suburban rolled over 200,000 miles.
Congrats!

They don't build them like they used to. Even for a Chevy :D

Really though. Used to be that 100,000 was the "big" milestone. I've never made 200K before I traded or it had a catastrophic failure. Closest was my old Audi A6. 199,300. Transmission grenaded on a highway entrance ramp. It wasn't worth the $4000 (just for the used trans) to fix it. I've had several others in the 188-189K range, but I'd trade them or sell them before the big 200.

j

I had a 1992 Geo Storm that had 225,000 on it when I sold it. I bought it new and it got me through HS, college, and my first 5 years of marriage.

Funny, I remember I paid like $12,000 for that thing. With today's prices you'd think the 200,000 mile marker would be more common. Sadly, it's probably because we trade off for something else when what we had could of lasted us well past that marker.

2014 Ecodiesel Ram 4x4 4 door ( 3.0 diesel) 28 ft Trailer weighs around 6,500 lbs.

Best mpg solo 30 doing between 55-60 mph in Georgia. Around town 22-23. towing I get 11-13 depending.

Aight, so with my F-250 one thing I've noticed is that on the highway it seemed I had a lot of wind noise from inside the cab. More than I felt it should. I checked the doors thinking maybe one of them was adjusted incorrectly but didn't find an answer there. Researching it I found a few forums that referenced a door seal mod on YouTube.

I found the recommended surgical tubing
Screenshot_2017-02-23-09-02-58.png

Got a can of silicone and followed the instructions and was quite surprised at how well it actually helped. Didn't eliminate it completely but for sure seemed to make a difference.

The one roll was enough to do all 4 doors on the crew cab.

Aight, so with my F-250 one thing I've noticed is that on the highway it seemed I had a lot of wind noise from inside the cab. More than I felt it should. I checked the doors thinking maybe one of them was adjusted incorrectly but didn't find an answer there. Researching it I found a few forums that referenced a door seal mod on YouTube.

I found the recommended surgical tubing
View attachment 221797

Got a can of silicone and followed the instructions and was quite surprised at how well it actually helped. Didn't eliminate it completely but for sure seemed to make a difference.

The one roll was enough to do all 4 doors on the crew cab.

Interesting.... I just accepted the wind noise... Maybe I will have to try this to on my 250.

Nice find Michael. I'll have to try that. I never thought the wind noise was that bad on my truck unless it was really windy, but quieter is better.

j

A few people on the forums said they didn't notice a difference but most reported improvement. My results seemed pretty good.

Have noticed I need to put just a little more effort when closing doors but not that big of difference.

OK. Same series as mine. I wanted to make sure this wasn't a newer or older molding issue. Maybe it's because it's a truck, generally towing a big trailer, but I don't notice any extreme wind noise.

j

Not all of them do apparently. Most mentioned were 2011 up models.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter