Tron question

I'm not sure you'll find many out here qualified to answer that question for you. Your physical status is something you'd have to base your decision on. Something I will say - if you've been ok with other attractions like Everest or RnRC or even FOP, then I expect you'd be ok on Tron - but that's only a guess based on a comparison.

There is a test seat outside that you can use to determine whether the position and restraints are uncomfortable, but of course that won’t tell you about the effects of the ride motion itself.

I have rheumatoid arthritis so my muscular skeletal system is altered. My knees and hips do not bend at right angles. I also had back problems. Now it's not scoliosis so you'll have to draw your own comparisons. I cannot ride the motorcycle seat because I can't kneel or straddle a motorcycle. Instead I use the accessible command seat in the back. That is extremely roomy with good back support. Very similar to Guardians of the Galaxy. Lots of legroom. And you get a lap bar as a harness.

You can try the test seat. Remember you're being held on by your thighs not your back. There is a plate that comes down over your back but that's just to make you feel safe. It gives. It's not holding you in at all. The seating is much more like flight of passage.

I would say if the test seat isn't comfortable for you, ask for the command car and yes that is what they're calling it now. Not accessible seat. Command car. The idea is that you're in the back so you get to see everything that happens much better than when you're riding the lightcycles

I have arthritis in my knees, painful to kneel. I was concerned but I was fine on Tron. Hardest part was getting off. I can’t figure that out, was fine getting on but hard a hard time swinging off. I think it’s the position of the outside leg. Next time I’ll pay more attention.

As others have said, everyone is different. We just rode it, and I was actually surprised how much you really are laying on your belly/chest. It will hit people at different points. Try the seat out front I think.

If the test seats are too uncomfortable for you, every other car has a more "traditional" coaster seat in the final row called the Light Runner. You could always ask to be seated in one of those!

I would discuss any physical limitation/concerns you have relating to your medical issues with your doctor. Even a real doctor won't make recommendations without considering a patient's history/medical issues. I wouldn't expect random people on the internet to be able to answer such a question.

Like others have said, you really need to draw your own conclusion. Your doctor and any sensible person is going to tell you to ride or not.

That said, here’s my experience after riding it three times back to back, and am also in a similar situation…I had a back operation about 15 years ago and while I’m reasonably active (swim, gym, walk), I still get some back pain after lifting weights or a bumpy coaster that can make me a little sore until the next day.

As far as the bike goes - I felt it in my groin, like a sciatica twinge

But, I also did the “chariot” as I call it, twice (wanted to check it out). No issues there of course.

I’m not advising you to ride. You need to decide for yourself, but I hope that helps.

Last edited:
I just rode it this week and asked to be moved from the bike to the traditional seat.

I have a double spinal fusion at the base of my spinal and rods inserted for scoliosis plus degenerative disc disease. It was very uncomfortable but not painful. I didn’t think I would enjoy the ride in that position so I switched.

The ride is super smooth and I felt like my back was supported very well. I think the issue would be if you're comfortable sitting in that position. Once in that position, again, you are supported very well. And I have a herniated disc.

Is it scary and intense? Any big drops? I’m not as brave as I used to be lol
Not scary at all. It was way more tame than I thought it would be. I feel the drops more on Space Mountain than Tron and the launch was fast and fun, but not in a scary way.

I second that it is hard to get off but a smooth ride! Loved it especially at night!

Is it scary and intense? Any big drops? I’m not as brave as I used to be lol
The launch is the most intense part IMO, once you enter the building it’s not that bad, Def agree that Space Mountain feels more intense, Tron is a much smoother ride.

The launch is the most intense part IMO, once you enter the building it’s not that bad, Def agree that Space Mountain feels more intense, Tron is a much smoother ride.
Tron is a much faster ride, but smooth. SPace Mountain feels faster then it really is because of how jerky it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter