Tron previews for DVC?

BigEeyore

DIS Veteran
Since we now have a targeted opening date of early April 2023 for Tron, has anyone heard if there will be DVC previews like there was for GoG?

Has the April opening date been officially announced by Disney?

In any case, if there are previews for anyone, I believe DVC owners will be included, based on precedents set with FoP and subsequent major openings. And I'll keep monitoring DISboards, because often they get the word out before I get the email from DVC!

I have some guests staying at a Disney resort in March. Assuming the TRON ride is operating by then, can I get them reservations to ride it as my guests? Or are the early "preview" rides only for DVC owners who are physically there? Thanks in advance for any help.

As reported by WDW News Today:

"TRON Lightcycle / Run is reportedly gearing up for an April 2023 grand opening.
The highly anticipated roller coaster will officially open during the first week of April, with
previews for select groups such as Cast Members, Annual Passholders, DVC, and more held in March."

https://wdwnt.com/2022/11/tron-lightcycle-run-opening-april-previews-march-2023/

Most likely a DVC preview reservation will require the DVC member to attend.

I have some guests staying at a Disney resort in March. Assuming the TRON ride is operating by then, can I get them reservations to ride it as my guests? Or are the early "preview" rides only for DVC owners who are physically there? Thanks in advance for any help.
Only DVC guests (if/when they offer it), and they’re strict about it.

During the Guardians preview, we were able to get a Passholder preview. The DVC previews didn't have near as many dates to book. I would imagine they will do the TRON preview the same.

I had to show my eligibility for the GOTG preview for DVC as it had to be booked in my name.

I hope that Tron opens sooner than April. It seems like they are running those cars more frequently. Wish they could give us dates

To get dvc tron preview do u have to have existing dvc reservation already booked? Or can we book a night after announced.

To get dvc tron preview do u have to have existing dvc reservation already booked? Or can we book a night after announced.
In the past (meaning not promised that it will be the same for Tron) the DVC preview dates were announced and a deadline was given for members to book a reservation. So members who didn't already have a reservation did have a chance to book one, based on availability, of course. Again, just because they did it that way in the past doesn't mean they'll do it that way in future.

For GoG preview, I didn't have a reservation booked when I signed up. We ended up staying at PoR on cash instead of DVC points. But who knows how they might do it for Tron!

For GoG preview, I didn't have a reservation booked when I signed up. We ended up staying at PoR on cash instead of DVC points. But who knows how they might do it for Tron!
Doesn’t d they just email all members and can sign up then

How much notice do they usually give for DVC previews? Is it possible they will announce it in December? Or do they do it just a few weeks before the preview?

For Remy the message was different than Guardians. It said: “

Eligible Members with Walt Disney World Resort Reservations, booked using their Membership no later than Sunday, August 1, 2021, will be among the first to experience this new attraction before officially opening in the France Pavilion at EPCOT® on October 1, alongside The World’s Most Magical Celebration—the Walt Disney World Resort 50th anniversary.”

Note that this was sent on 8/5. So it was only for pre-existing reservations.

Be there March 12-15 Fingers crossed...Now I am the dvc member,,would wife and 2 kids be able to join as well,,, would suck if not,,,but I would wave to them...lol

Be there March 12-15 Fingers crossed...Now I am the dvc member,,would wife and 2 kids be able to join as well,,, would suck if not,,,but I would wave to them...lol
The previous DVC previews have allowed guests. The previous AP previews on the other hand only allowed you to register other APs holders from your Friends & Family list in MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter