Tron Lightcycle Run coming to MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen any activity around Tron? Has it gone radio silent now or is there still work going on outside?

Last I heard the Master Control Program locked out all users with Group 7 access and nobody can get any work done. 😉

Master Control Program or MCP was the operating system on Burroughs later called Unisys A series mainframes. You communicated with it using the SPO.

They are finishing the canopy then it's being shut down.

That in the video was not on the canopy. It was on the track. From the recent news about DL opening a hotel soon, Marvel Campus complete, and continued construction on DL MMRR , I am doubtful they are going to stop construction. The pandemic is getting better, not worse and Disney will continue to increase their revenue within the parks division. I don't think it will be open by October for the 50th but early 2022 seems real.

Where did you see this? We counted 15 cranes actively working or that had been moved during the past 3 days while we were there (2 weeks ago). Most were not working on the canopy.

It was widely reported a month or so ago.

https://notesfromneverland.com/news...ng-sealed-up-as-interior-construction-pauses/
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/25...er-may-be-delayed-even-longer-than-we-thought
https://blogmickey.com/2021/01/port...uilding-over-track-rumors-of-delay-confirmed/

It seems like they may have slowed construction and not had a plan to move forward after a certain date, but that could have changed based on a lot of factors. I never really thought they would let it sit fallow for very long anyway, and with numbers changing every day and things looking up, the programmers may indeed be coding away on TRON.

It was widely reported a month or so ago.

Yeah, I remember having an argument with someone on one of those threads. But as I said back then, Tron is very, very visible. I know they sealed the inside and this was "proof" to some that they were not going to "touch it for decades". I never got that - it's not THAT much work to put a door in front of a few open areas. I am not in the construction business, so I can't really comment on how much work goes into sealing, but I do know that Disney is not going to let a huge new building sit in prime real-estate unused as a reminder that they are short on cash. In any event, when I was there a few weeks ago, there was a LOT of work being done - and not just the canopy. I was watching it from BarnStormer.

I still agree there is likely a delay - I could see as much as a year. But not the decades that some were proposing.

That in the video was not on the canopy. It was on the track. From the recent news about DL opening a hotel soon, Marvel Campus complete, and continued construction on DL MMRR , I am doubtful they are going to stop construction. The pandemic is getting better, not worse and Disney will continue to increase their revenue within the parks division. I don't think it will be open by October for the 50th but early 2022 seems real.
Early 2032 reported upthread.

Yeah, I remember having an argument with someone on one of those threads. But as I said back then, Tron is very, very visible. I know they sealed the inside and this was "proof" to some that they were not going to "touch it for decades". I never got that - it's not THAT much work to put a door in front of a few open areas. I am not in the construction business, so I can't really comment on how much work goes into sealing, but I do know that Disney is not going to let a huge new building sit in prime real-estate unused as a reminder that they are short on cash. In any event, when I was there a few weeks ago, there was a LOT of work being done - and not just the canopy. I was watching it from BarnStormer.

I still agree there is likely a delay - I could see as much as a year. But not the decades that some were proposing.

If the delay were only a year the standard protective materials on any Fla construction project would be sufficient, You 'seal' a site when it's going to be 2 years or longer before you plan to restart. Sealing is both expensive and labor intensive plus it involves putting anti corrosive coatings on exposed metal ETC. So 2-5 years at a minimum a decade if Disney is feeling poor,

Current management no longer cares about ugly sight lines it was those wasteful imagineers who cared about worthless things like sight lines, Now we have professional managers who care about IMPORTANT metrics like sales per sq ft per hour and PRGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter