Tron Lightcycle Run coming to MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
it just might open for the 60’th - sealing a construction project like this usually means that no work is planned for at least a year perhaps more. Many colleges did this during 2008 financial crisis

The Heat and Humidity in Florida could potentially ruin things inside the building or cost a fortune to climate control until they are ready for the install. If this were true, they wouldn't have started working on the canopy. I think a lot is riding on how soon the COVID situation improves and travel bookings to WDW. Also it will probably be easier to work on the interior of the building if it is climate controlled in the summer when you get daily thunderstorms vs the exterior. Construction crews can't work outside in the rain.

The Heat and Humidity in Florida could potentially ruin things inside the building or cost a fortune to climate control until they are ready for the install. If this were true, they wouldn't have started working on the canopy. I think a lot is riding on how soon the COVID situation improves and travel bookings to WDW. Also it will probably be easier to work on the interior of the building if it is climate controlled in the summer when you get daily thunderstorms vs the exterior. Construction crews can't work outside in the rain.

I guess you have never BEEN to a construction site, They work in everything short of a hurricane! The only time work stops is during a T-storm.

As to climate control its usually huge blowers moving air in and out of the closed site simple reliable and only need to be looked in on every couple of weeks.

I am curious how contractors work at Disney. If it is a tendered process or not. Would kinda suck being the low bid only for Disney to tell you halfway through the project they are putting it on hold for a few years. Wonder how their lien rights work for the sub trades that are complete. Let alone the warranty!

True, but when attractions ripped out they need to be replaced so it makes financial sense to take a major attraction down for years while a refurbishment drags on, the attraction then can be marketed as ‘new’ to the first timers when it reopens.

may so the brand new stitch ride returns for the 50th. Lol.

I figure finishing the outside cover probably just prolongs the life of the outside ride elements. So they're basically finishing that part as a cost saver. That or they do want to get the train running again and can't until they complete the canopy.
I'd really wish Disney would figure out that the best time to add and complete projects is during down times. The roaring 20's was in part due to the ending of the Flu epidemic and it's about to happen again. Disney will be caught totally flat footed...

Tron is sealed up for a happier time. But the railroad, is the interruption going to continue throughout? Could they repair that line break so service could resume? I mean, is that even a possibility?

It's weird to me that they would "seal" the building while continuing construction outside. That being said, I went through Shanghai construction photos and they left the building open in every image I can see. This image seemed to be closest to current status in MK:
View attachment 548382
This sealing of the building at MK could be a lessons learned that got passed forward from Shanghai. Maybe Tron Shanghai had a costly fix that could have been prevented with sealing the building like MK has done. Just trying to give you all any positive spin on this news.

With our trip already delayed for minimum 18 months we will likely delay locking in a date until Tron MK is gives a opening month/year. If that delays our trip until July 2023 then so be it.

With our trip already delayed for minimum 18 months we will likely delay locking in a date until Tron MK is gives a opening month/year. If that delays our trip until July 2023 then so be it.
We also said we will likely wait for Tron, Rat, and Guardians... we thought that would mean waiting until 2021 when we first said that though... not 2023... wahhhhh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter