Trip Number Nine ~ It's Christmastime!

lala3291 said:
Happy 6 Weeks Jodi!!!:cool1::cool1:

Shelly and Jodi- Your trips will be here before you know it! :goodvibes

I can't believe we leave two weeks from Tuesday!

By the way, Shelly, are you guys anticipating much from Hurricane Sandy? I know you're in PA...stay safe! We are directly on the coast here in MA, and we are going to be getting some major rain and wind! Hopefully we will miss the worst of it.

Where in MA are you??

I thought PA was getting hit hard? Hope you stay safe.

I'm waiting for the call that school is cancelled. I know it's coming b/c the next town over already did it. I just hope we don't have to many snow days this year. I don't want to be in school til July. I want to leave for Disney July 1!!!
Good thing is DH just got a generator for tailgating the Patriots games. Perfect timing huh?

Glad you got you trickor treating in. Weekends are always better anyway. :)

AWWWWWWW!!!

I was just coming to ask how the Terrifying trick or treaters were!!

:laughing:

They looked awesome! Did it rain buckets??
Did they get lots of candy??
Jack Jack looks adorable. He is so precious!!

I wish our town did the ToT'ing early on the weekend. We do it on Wednesday.

And did I tell you what the kids are going to be?

Drew is an 80's Rock Star, and Belle is an 80s rocker fan chick!

Don't say a word about where I got the idea.:rotfl2:

Who knew I could dress both kids in 80's pseudo- fashion from mine and MC's closets--- pants and everything???

M wanted to know if D is wearing eyeliner. I said well duh...... he's impersonating Steven Tyler. And it's not EYEliner. It's GUYliner. D has, however, said no to the purple nail polish.

;)

Trick-or-treating went well! DS13 went with his friends and then to a party afterwards. So we just went for a little bit with DS11. And Jack came along too! Yes, lots of candy!! We were feeling bad for Jack afterwards, so we took him to the store where you can get dog treats in bulk and got him a great big bag of treats too! :upsidedow

We got rained on, but it really wasn't too bad. Not compared to today anyway. It poured and poured and the wind was just unbearable at DS's last soccer game. But we toughed it out!! It was miserable. :sad2:

OMG your kids are going to look so cute!! Be sure to take lots of pics and post them here!! In-fact everyone feel free to post their kids Halloweens pics here. :goodvibes

I can't believe Drew is going to wear the eyeliner but not the nail polish!! :rotfl2:

love,love, love the pumpkins!!!! I am at 13 days!!!!!! And Shelly, did you get a new couch?

Thanks Shawna! :) And yes, we got all new living room furniture last winter!! Well all except for the TV stand. Still looking for one to go with the darker wood on the new furniture. But yes, the rest is new. You are very perceptive!!

HAPPY 13 DAYS!!!

Happy 6 Weeks Shelly!:cool1::cool1:

I love the pictures of your boys all dressed up...including Jack! So cute! We are supposed to be having our trick-or-treating on Halloween Day, but we are not sure what's going to happen with the storm. My girls in college just got school called off for tomorrow. Their college is only 5 minutes from our house, but it's right on the ocean. There is supposed to be some major coastal flooding here. We are expecting our public schools to be called off too- most towns in our area are already called off. Hopefully you guys in PA won't get much from the storm.:goodvibes I'm with you- I hate losing power when it's cold too. It is really cold here today, especially compared to yesterday.

Have a great Sunday otherwise!:cool1:

Thanks Lauren! :cool1:

I hope your trick-or-treat isn't ruined by the hurricane!! I didn't realize you lived so close to the coast. Stay safe!! :hug:

I thought PA was getting hit hard? Hope you stay safe.

I'm waiting for the call that school is cancelled. I know it's coming b/c the next town over already did it. I just hope we don't have to many snow days this year. I don't want to be in school til July. I want to leave for Disney July 1!!!
Good thing is DH just got a generator for tailgating the Patriots games. Perfect timing huh?

Glad you got you trickor treating in. Weekends are always better anyway. :)

The eastern side of the state is probably going to get it bad. We probably won't get much, but you never know.

I hope your school doesn't get cancelled!! I hate making up snow days. Lucky for me our school wouldn't ever call off unless we physically couldn't get out the door due to too much snow. :rotfl:

Stay safe! Hope you don't have to use the generator, but at least you have it if you need it.

LOL!! I noticed because it reminds me of ours!:rotfl: And your tv/entertainment center looks almost exactly like the one I had before our flatscreen!! LOL!!! We are furniture twins:rotfl2:

LOL!! I noticed because it reminds me of ours!:rotfl: And your tv/entertainment center looks almost exactly like the one I had before our flatscreen!! LOL!!! We are furniture twins:rotfl2:

I love my entertainment center, but it just doesn't go with the new furniture and I want a bigger TV and we can't fit a bigger one in it. :upsidedow So I've been looking for something new, just haven't found it yet...

Park Hours during our stay: (I won't include the last day because we won't be there long enough to go to a park)

Magic Kingdom:
Sun Dec 9: 9am-7pm, MVMCP
Mon Dec 10: 9am-8pm, EMH 8pm-11pm
Tue Dec 11: 9am-7pm, MVMCP
Wed Dec 12: 9am-8pm
Thu Dec 13: EMH 8am-9am, 9am-7pm, MVMCP
Fri Dec 14: 9am-7pm, MVMCP
Sat Dec 15: 9am-10pm

Epcot:
Sun Dec 9: 9am-9:30pm
Mon Dec 10: 9am-9:30pm
Tue Dec 11: EMH 8am-9am, 9am-9:30pm
Wed Dec 12: 9am-9:30pm
Thu Dec 13: 9am-9:30pm
Fri Dec 14: 9am-9:30pm, EMH 9:30pm-12:30am
Sat Dec 15: 9am-9:30pm

Disney's Hollywood Studio:
Sun Dec 9: 9am-8pm, EMH 8pm-11pm
Mon Dec 10: 9am-8pm
Tue Dec 11: 9am-8pm
Wed Dec 12: 9am-8pm
Thu Dec 13: 9am-8pm
Fri Dec 14: 9am-8pm
Sat Dec 15: EMH 8am-9am, 9am-8pm

Animal Kingdom:
Sun Dec 9: 9am-6pm
Mon Dec 10: EMH 8am-9am, 9am-5pm
Tue Dec 11: 9am-5pm
Wed Dec 12: EMH 8am-9am, 9am-5pm
Thu Dec 13: 9am-5pm
Fri Dec 14: 9am-5pm
Sat Dec 15: 9am-6pm

So what does the Crowd Calendar look like???

Well, technically that week is Value Season at WDW. I think once upon a time it was actually a pretty slow week – the week after Pop Warner & the Christmas Day Parade taping and the week before the masses start rolling in for Christmas break. But considering it was the only week available in December for the bounceback and that they have also offered free dining and general public room discounts for this week, I am a little worried.

But here is what the Undercover Tourist Crowd Calendar says....

Sun Dec 9: 6 out of 10, Best Park MK, Worst Park DHS

Mon Dec 10: 4 out of 10, Best Park DHS, Worst Park(s) MK & AK

Tue Dec 11: 4 out of 10, Best Park(s) MK & DHS, Worst Park(s) EP & AK

Wed Dec 12: 4 out of 10, Best Park(s) EP & DHS, Worst Park AK

Thu Dec 13: 4 out of 10, Best Park(s) EP & AK, Worst Park(s) MK & DHS

Fri Dec 14: 4 out of 10, Best Park(s) MK & AK, Worst Park EP

Sat Dec 15: 7 out of 10, Best Park AK, Worst Park(s) EP & DHS

I can handle 4's!! I just hope they truly are 4's!!

Up Next: Refurbishments and Closures :scared1:

Hi Shelly!:wave2:

I hope you have low crowds on your trip! Fours are definitely manageable! On our trip, the crowd calendar is quite spread out. The days go like this: 6, 6, 1, 2, 8, 8, 8. We are going to try and get a lot done on the first 4 days, since I am sure it will be quite busy our last three days. I am excited for the 1 and 2 days!:cool1:

Well, we are all home today due to the hurricane, including DH. It's actually quite the scene here...all 5 of us are in my and DH's bedroom watching the news and looking out our balcony...the ocean waves are huge! They are splashing over like crazy and high tide is not for another 30 minutes or so. The wind speed has not peaked yet either. I am just hoping we don't lose power.

Hope you are doing well in PA!

Hi Shelly!:wave2:

I hope you have low crowds on your trip! Fours are definitely manageable! On our trip, the crowd calendar is quite spread out. The days go like this: 6, 6, 1, 2, 8, 8, 8. We are going to try and get a lot done on the first 4 days, since I am sure it will be quite busy our last three days. I am excited for the 1 and 2 days!:cool1:

Well, we are all home today due to the hurricane, including DH. It's actually quite the scene here...all 5 of us are in my and DH's bedroom watching the news and looking out our balcony...the ocean waves are huge! They are splashing over like crazy and high tide is not for another 30 minutes or so. The wind speed has not peaked yet either. I am just hoping we don't lose power.

Hope you are doing well in PA!

Hey Lauren! :)

Yes, 4's are definitely manageable! :thumbsup2 Wow your days are all over the place!! :crazy2: It's okay though, it's not like you're new to the parks! I'm sure you'll know what to do and definitely enjoy those low crowd days and make the best of the others! :goodvibes

Stay safe up there!! Do you think you will get evacuated?? Hope you don't lose power! :wizard:

:wave:

Hi!!

I hope that all of y'all that might be in the way of the hurricane will be safe and not lose power. It sounds like it is a crazy thing going on--- they're calling it Frankenstorm.:guilty:

Everyone stay safe.:grouphug:

Shelly--- I too think those crowd predictions are okay--- if they stay that way. I think one of the first May's we went it was predicted to be 4's and it was really empty I thought. I am concerned that they have no way of factoring in the new FLE opening and with all of the pins and deals that they offered.... I'm thinking it is going to be a zoo.:crazy2:

Oh well, what can we do?? Can't worry about it I guess!:scared:

Sorry DS10's last soccer game was a bust. :sad1: I know the season was disappointing but maybe the Spring season will be a lot better.
Glad that Jack got him some treats too for Halloween. He is a good boy so he deserves it.:love:

Here's a tidbit--- did you know that the fun size candy bars have gluten in them but the regular sizes do not?? Who Knew?? I'm so happy! Now I won't be tempted to get in the kids stash when they are at school.:rolleyes1

Yes, I am so excited to see the kids in their 80s Rocker outfits. I wish I had of recorded the convo we had while I was tearing thru the closets putting their outfits together. You would have laughed so hard.

I tied a bandana around Drew's calf --- you know how the guys used to wear--;)-- and Belle says with her know-it-all self-- "Uh, that doesn't look right, it doesn't go with his other stuff". :faint:

I said "Oooh, I know---- show of hands-- who here in this very room actually lived THRU the eighties and then went TO the Metallica/Guns n Roses concert that was part of their 3 month stadium tour during their Use Your Illusion Tour in the summer of 1992??? I'll wait while you think about it. IT WAS ME, now be quiet, and Drew, get that swagger like Axl.":smokin:

Drew says 'ooooh, Belle, BURN!!' and walked out of the room with the Axl swag singing November Rain to the top of his lungs.

MC almost died laughing. She so jel of my past cool life.:rolleyes1

:rotfl::rotfl:

Hey Lauren! :)

Yes, 4's are definitely manageable! :thumbsup2 Wow your days are all over the place!! :crazy2: It's okay though, it's not like you're new to the parks! I'm sure you'll know what to do and definitely enjoy those low crowd days and make the best of the others! :goodvibes

Stay safe up there!! Do you think you will get evacuated?? Hope you don't lose power! :wizard:

It doesn't look like we will get evacuated, luckily. We are also lucky that we haven't lost power yet. The next town over to us doesn't have power, so I figure it's only a matter of time before we lose ours. The wind is wild!

I know, our days are all over the place! But, like you said, we aren't new to the parks. We are going to make the most out of the days with lower crowds, that's for sure!:thumbsup2 I figured that when it gets really busy, we can have some relaxing time at the Poly!:goodvibes

:wave:

Hi!!

I hope that all of y'all that might be in the way of the hurricane will be safe and not lose power. It sounds like it is a crazy thing going on--- they're calling it Frankenstorm.:guilty:

Everyone stay safe.:grouphug:

Shelly--- I too think those crowd predictions are okay--- if they stay that way. I think one of the first May's we went it was predicted to be 4's and it was really empty I thought. I am concerned that they have no way of factoring in the new FLE opening and with all of the pins and deals that they offered.... I'm thinking it is going to be a zoo.:crazy2:

Oh well, what can we do?? Can't worry about it I guess!:scared:

Sorry DS10's last soccer game was a bust. :sad1: I know the season was disappointing but maybe the Spring season will be a lot better.
Glad that Jack got him some treats too for Halloween. He is a good boy so he deserves it.:love:

Here's a tidbit--- did you know that the fun size candy bars have gluten in them but the regular sizes do not?? Who Knew?? I'm so happy! Now I won't be tempted to get in the kids stash when they are at school.:rolleyes1

Yes, I am so excited to see the kids in their 80s Rocker outfits. I wish I had of recorded the convo we had while I was tearing thru the closets putting their outfits together. You would have laughed so hard.

I tied a bandana around Drew's calf --- you know how the guys used to wear--;)-- and Belle says with her know-it-all self-- "Uh, that doesn't look right, it doesn't go with his other stuff". :faint:

I said "Oooh, I know---- show of hands-- who here in this very room actually lived THRU the eighties and then went TO the Metallica/Guns n Roses concert that was part of their 3 month stadium tour during their Use Your Illusion Tour in the summer of 1992??? I'll wait while you think about it. IT WAS ME, now be quiet, and Drew, get that swagger like Axl.":smokin:

Drew says 'ooooh, Belle, BURN!!' and walked out of the room with the Axl swag singing November Rain to the top of his lungs.

MC almost died laughing. She so jel of my past cool life.:rolleyes1

:rotfl::rotfl:

Yeah, I'm afraid no one really knows what the second week of December is going to bring for WDW. I know it is supposed to be the least crowded week of the month, but with the BB offer, free dining, room discounts, pins, and Fantasyland and Test Track opening up - I'm afraid we could be in for it, at least on the weekends. :scared1:

But yes, there's not much we can do at this point. I'm thinking maybe I should have planned for more rope drop days, but it's too late now. Plans are made and set. We just may have more time to enjoy the resorts, and that's fine! :goodvibes Just hoping it's warm enough to properly enjoy them. :wizard:

Well that is very interesting about the candy bars......How is that possible??? So you're saying it's okay for me to eat this full size Hershey bar that has been sitting here staring at me since Saturday night? :faint:

Oh Burn!! That's one I here in this house a lot. :rolleyes: :rotfl: My kids are totally fascinated by the 80's too. Especially DS13. He's always like -- life must have been so easy and great in the 80's and the music ROCKED!!! :cool1: And then he goes off to play on his IPod....:rolleyes:

Can't wait to see pics of the kids!! :thumbsup2

It doesn't look like we will get evacuated, luckily. We are also lucky that we haven't lost power yet. The next town over to us doesn't have power, so I figure it's only a matter of time before we lose ours. The wind is wild!

I know, our days are all over the place! But, like you said, we aren't new to the parks. We are going to make the most out of the days with lower crowds, that's for sure!:thumbsup2 I figured that when it gets really busy, we can have some relaxing time at the Poly!:goodvibes

Well that's good - that you probably won't get evacuated. But I sure hope you don't lose your power!!

Yes, it's always nice to have an awesome resort to go back to if the parks are insane!! I think that was the problem with our May trip, the parks were so crowded and we had no desire to go back and hang out at the BC because it was crazy too. :crazy2:

Well Shelly they did cancel school b/c they declared a state of emergency. We still have power though- woohoo!!

How about you guys?? They must have cancelled school- didn't they?? You're closer to it than me.
I've been to Disney during 9 days so a 4 is like empty!!! If you've been as many times as we have the number really doesn't matter any more. I don't really even pay attention to it any more.

Well Shelly they did cancel school b/c they declared a state of emergency. We still have power though- woohoo!!

How about you guys?? They must have cancelled school- didn't they?? You're closer to it than me.
I've been to Disney during 9 days so a 4 is like empty!!! If you've been as many times as we have the number really doesn't matter any more. I don't really even pay attention to it any more.

Nope, the kids are at school right now!! Just getting some rain and wind here. Nothing out of the ordinary yet...

Glad your power is still on! :thumbsup2

Even with as many times as we have been there I do still pay attention to the crowd levels. My kids aren't interested in waiting in a line that's longer than about 15-20 minutes. Honestly neither am I. Patience has never really been my virtue. :scared1::rotfl:

School just got cancelled for me tomorrow!! Ugh! 2 days already to make up in June.

Haven't heard about my kids' schools yet.
I work right on the coast. I live about 15-20 min away from the coast.

Shelly, you're in the western part of the state, nowhere near the coast, right? I hope you just have the rain and some wind, but nothing damaging and no power loss! During Hurrican Gustav, we were without power for almost 2 weeks. Not fun. :headache: Very hot. The hurricane wasn't terribly bad where we are, but there were so many trees down that the power companies could only do so much. We just had to wait our turn.

I can't imagine what it feels like up there during a hurricane. Is it cold wind blowing? I think hurricane and think tropical and warm. Very bizarre to have one this far north and this late in the season.

Your crowd days sound very good, and I hope they hold true! Your week sounds like a good choice, in between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holdiay crowds. Hopefully, those incentives won't draw in too many people!

Jodi, that candy bar tidbit is definitely something that I had never heard before! I don't understand it, but if you say it's so, then it must be. ;)

T*Bird said:
Shelly, you're in the western part of the state, nowhere near the coast, right? I hope you just have the rain and some wind, but nothing damaging and no power loss! During Hurrican Gustav, we were without power for almost 2 weeks. Not fun. :headache: Very hot. The hurricane wasn't terribly bad where we are, but there were so many trees down that the power companies could only do so much. We just had to wait our turn.

I can't imagine what it feels like up there during a hurricane. Is it cold wind blowing? I think hurricane and think tropical and warm. Very bizarre to have one this far north and this late in the season.

Your crowd days sound very good, and I hope they hold true! Your week sounds like a good choice, in between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holdiay crowds. Hopefully, those incentives won't draw in too many people!

Jodi, that candy bar tidbit is definitely something that I had never heard before! I don't understand it, but if you say it's so, then it must be. ;)

We often get hurricanes up here in MA but usually in the summer. Almost always at the end of August.
Even though its almost November and its usually chilly here by now, the hurricane is pushing warm air from the south I guess. It has been in the mid to high 60s today and will be tomorrow too!! I'm loving the weather. We are still cooking on the grill woohoo!! That doesn't normally happen in November.
Last year hurricane Irene hit us at home and we were in Disney. We got to stay 2 more days b/c there were no flights going north. It was fantastic!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter