Trip before 12th dec 2009 doable??

buzz for boys

<font color=royalblue><marquee>Certified Serious S
Hi all
We have an idea of doing a rush trip to wdw before Cams operation but as he needs to be back for a pre op assessment by 12th dec is it doable ???Ive tried to do flights this morning on VA and it says none available what am i doing wrong??
Also does anyone know about travel insurance if you know u are having an op on return and u are on antibiotics before and during youre trip ???
Where do i find a villa at such short notice ??
Is it just a dream to be able to organise and go in less then 3 weeks??
louise x

What dates are you looking for Louise? I've just done a search on VA for 2 weeks from next Saturday and there seems to be plenty of availability - around £428 per adult.

I've been through the list of villas we've stayed at in the past and most of those are booked for at least part of the time, but i'm sure you should be able to find something even at this short notice - post the dates once you've sorted the flights and i'm sure we can all find somewhere.

No idea on the travel insurance question i'm afraid - hopefully someone else can advise.

Been reading your blog regularly and really hope you can arrange something ahead of the procedure in December - you really deserve to have a great trip as at least a short respite from everything.

Paul

there's lots of availability in the WDW resorts, if you're willing to do that instead of a villa..

i've done trips to WDW with 3 days notice, so there's no reason you shouldn't be able to do it with 3 weeks notice..

as for the insurance, it depends what the surgery is for.....
if it's elective surgery for which he won't have an emergent event while on holiday it should be ok - but i guess you'll have to check with the travel insurance to be sure..

Hi there,
I have posted on the dibb and had loads of villa details that areavailable from now until 12th Dec most are a good deistance from wdw but for 7 days and a rush trip i can live with that !!
Travel insurance is proving a bit more tricky which i do understand - not sure id want to insure us either !!! Im sure if i keep trying someone will insure us but it does come at a cost :scared1:
The only real stumbling block really is the hospital giving consent - my dh thinks they will just laugh at me but we will see monday !!
My ideal dates peebee would be 5th - 12th Dec that way i wont drive myself insane counting down the days !!

there's lots of availability in the WDW resorts, if you're willing to do that instead of a villa..

i've done trips to WDW with 3 days notice, so there's no reason you shouldn't be able to do it with 3 weeks notice..

as for the insurance, it depends what the surgery is for.....
if it's elective surgery for which he won't have an emergent event while on holiday it should be ok - but i guess you'll have to check with the travel insurance to be sure..

never concerned a wdw resort before as we are a family of 6 but thats an idea that im off to explore !!! Would save the need for car hire too !!!
Good thinking !!!Thanks x

Hi there,
My ideal dates peebee would be 5th - 12th Dec that way i wont drive myself insane counting down the days !!

According to VA they have availability on both of the flights out on the 5th returning next week, same price as I listed before - £428 per adult, £2341 for 2 adults/4 kids.

Agree it would be great staying on-site for a week, if you can find accommodation that will fit your family - don't know what the cost or availability of a 2-bed villa at SSR or OKW would be for a week, but they might work out for you.

Paul

Is this any good?? Did not go any further as was not sure if you had annual passes ?

http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/Select-Rooms.asp?ID=9502&Offset=5

I really hope you get something sorted ......... sure the experts will around soon to help :goodvibes

Is there not a company that helps families who want to take sick children to america you can contact ......... maybe they have some contacts they could help with.

Loads of love and pixie dust to you and your family :wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard:

Hi there,
I have posted on the dibb and had loads of villa details that areavailable from now until 12th Dec most are a good deistance from wdw but for 7 days and a rush trip i can live with that !!
Travel insurance is proving a bit more tricky which i do understand - not sure id want to insure us either !!! Im sure if i keep trying someone will insure us but it does come at a cost :scared1:
The only real stumbling block really is the hospital giving consent - my dh thinks they will just laugh at me but we will see monday !!

the issue of medical insurance for difficult situations has come up before on this board....i'm pretty sure there is a company that provides it, but i don't know the name..
perhaps someone else will remember.....or knows how to search for it..

as for accomodations...
i didn't realize you're a big family.....i wonder how much a 2BR at OKW costs for that week....i'll see if i can bring it up on disney.uk...

Louise, just realised you'd be looking to fly from Manchester, not Gatwick, but have checked again and still seats available for your dates - 427 per adult, 2335 for entire party.

Paul

just checked disney.uk - nothing in the villas comes up for those dates...guess it's full for those dates..
but maybe if you call, there is something..

Dreams unlimited often has good prices for hotels with suites - you might check them..
but it wouldn't be onsite...

sorry can't help with any of the palnning, just wanted to say that i hope you manage to get there and have a brill time. You and your family really deserve it :hug:

just looked on the WDW US site (disney.com) and found you could get a 2 BR villa at saratoga springs if you rob a bank first - it's $595/night :eek:

but it's available for those dates - a 'wee' bit pricey though...

why not check with Dreams Unlimited and see what they can find for you.
I think they might also have offsite villas...
check with them and see.

i just tried the disney.uk site again
it came up with an offsite, all suite hotel - the staybridge..
a 2 BR suite for £1,730.00 for the days you're looking at
and that includes 7 day premium tickets for your whole party...

so i think if you call up a TA or contact DU, you'll be able to find something without any problem at all.
Not onsite, but nearby.

This is what came up when i searched on the dates for a family of 6 (i just stuck in ages for your children so it might not be completely correct, depending on the age of your kids):

Your Walt Disney World holiday itinerary is displayed below
Staybridge Suites (Lake Buena Vista)
2 Bed Trio L2 from 5th December 2009 - 12th December 2009
2 Adults, 4 Children

Disney's 7 Day Premium Ticket
2 x Disney's 7 Day Premium Ticket (Ages 10 and Up)
4 x Disney's 7 Day Premium Ticket (Ages 3-9)

Magical Extras
EARmails Service
Disney Store Merchandise Discount at disneystore.co.uk
Walt Disney World Marina Discounts
Planet Hollywood® Souvenir Merchandise Keepsake
One round of Miniature Golf
Planet Hollywood® Dining Certificate

i just checked the sheraton vistana using the dreams unlimited rate code.

they have availability for the dates your want - in a 2 BR villa.

they have both full housekeeping and no housekeeping rates available.

the sheraton vistana is offsite, but a very good resort.

here are some of the rates i came up with using the dreams unlimited code:

full housekeeping:
2 BR villa - $209/night - total for days you want: $1463

No housekeeping:
2 BR villa - $129/night - total for days you want: $903

Wow thanks guys !!!
Peebee I have got it to show availabilty now - no idea what i did earlier - thanks for that and yes we do choose manchester over gatwick !!!
Much appreciated !!!

Disneyholic family - thanks for all the quotes on hotels im off to mess myself now and ive emailed dreams unlimited to see what they come up with !!!

Thanks so much everybody I really hope we make it could be the boost we need so much x

We have stayed at Sheraton Resort on Intl drive & the 2br condo was very nice.

Hope you can get something sorted:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!