Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm staying at Yacht Club over Christmas with my pup and can't wait, as we originally had Best Friends Pet booked. I never posted on here but noticed there were some proponents (and opponents) of the new dog policy at Disney and got the urge to finally speak up.

I can't help but think some of the opponents haven't ventured OUT of Disney World, as some of the more high end luxury resorts in the world are in fact pet friendly (ie. Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton).

Anywho, we'll be there with our pup and so glad we can have him with us at night. :)
I hope you have a nice vacation.
To me, the WDW resorts are a very different product than a regular hotel.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Iger , Chapek, Kalordis emails are real?
Has anyone gotten a response from them?
I emailed Kalordis around 11PM Wednesday night, and someone in the office called me back at noon on Thursday. I've been playing phone tag with them ever since. And I did not include my cell number in the email, so they had to have gotten it from looking at my MDE account based on my email address.

I'm staying at Yacht Club over Christmas with my pup and can't wait, as we originally had Best Friends Pet booked. I never posted on here but noticed there were some proponents (and opponents) of the new dog policy at Disney and got the urge to finally speak up.

I can't help but think some of the opponents haven't ventured OUT of Disney World, as some of the more high end luxury resorts in the world are in fact pet friendly (ie. Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton).

Anywho, we'll be there with our pup and so glad we can have him with us at night. :)

Since you mentioned the Ritz Carlton and the Four Seasons, I looked both of them up. At both of those Hotels, the policy is that you are allowed ONE pet, which must be 25 lbs and under. At Disney, you want to bring your two St Bernards?, no problem. There's a huge difference there.

First let me say :welcome: to the DIS ! Don't be afraid to speak up on this thread or any other thread on DIS. People can be passionate about a topic but generally open to discussion. There should be no personal attacks and moderators do a great job of policing their respective threads.

I hope you will let us know how your stay goes with your pup. There is a thread where they are asking for actual experiences to the new trial dog policy so others can know what is actually happening and hopefully alleve some fears and "what ifs".

I believe everyone sending in an email pro or con is getting calls and emails back from disney execs. We sent in a pro email and got calls and emails back. It is nice disney is doing this for both sides.
I have also sent my pro email. Got a nice email back. No calls but that's ok. I'd probably think it was a telemarketer anyway. Lol

Since you mentioned the Ritz Carlton and the Four Seasons, I looked both of them up. At both of those Hotels, the policy is that you are allowed ONE pet, which must be 25 lbs and under. At Disney, you want to bring your two St Bernards?, no problem. There's a huge difference there.

Also guessing they wouldn't be okay with leaving those pets for up to seven hours at a time!

Hi Andre, yeah I guess I meant I wasn’t sure if she had posted wanting only the ktp crew to see. Trying to be respectful. I’m big on privacy myself :)

KTP Crew (where it was posted) is a closed discussion group anyway, not the same as their public news posting page which anyone can see and comment on.

Andre

Let’s talk dog feces. I contend that because of this new dog policy, the 4 resorts in question will have significant occurrences of dog feces throughout the resort area. I don’t believe all dog owners will pick up after their dog even if bag stations are available. I am of this opinion due to my own observations of some dog owners around me.

I disagree. People's attitude to dropping litter and waste of any sort in Walt Disney World is vastly different to the behaviour you might see in your local town, and I personally think that will translate to dog waste disposal too. If it doesn't, and there was dog poop everywhere, Disney would close the trial anyway.

Andre

I disagree. People's attitude to dropping litter and waste of any sort in Walt Disney World is vastly different to the behaviour you might see in your local town, and I personally think that will translate to dog waste disposal too. If it doesn't, and there was dog poop everywhere, Disney would close the trial anyway.

Andre

I've seen enough dog owners who don't have respect for other people's property to disagree here. While most owners are great, there is enough who aren't that Disney will either have to very strictly enforce, or the situation will devolves into the one described by @nicko.

It is a trial run, and it will be up to both sides to either report to the front desk when they see something that isn't right or to ensure their pets behave and follow the rules.

I am of the thought just because you can do something it doesn't mean you need to. At parades, home improvement stores, festivals, I cannot believe when people bring pets. Can you not leave them at home for a couple of hours? Fireworks, loud noises, strange enviroments. I've seen messes in the middle of aisles, jumping on people, barking, going after other dogs. Do the animals a favor, leave them at home or in the pet resort, take the dog to the dog park. We always find other accommodations for our dog. Is that too much to ask?

While I'm not a fan of the new dog policy, I'm going to trust that the majority of dog owners will pick up dog poop and place it in the provided containers. I will say, on a related note, that last week we discovered four poop bags that had been tossed under a pine tree in our front yard. Apparently some people feel obligated to pick up the poop when people are looking, but don't feel obligated to carry the poop all the way home with them.

Hi all! As I mentioned earlier, if you have concerns about this policy, EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT STAYING AT ONE OF THE 4 RESORTS, please send an email to:
WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com
Robert.a.iger@disney.com
Robert.Chapek@disney.com
George.Kalogridis@disney.com

This is very important because once this policy starts to take roots, it will be harder to reverse. I'm also concerned that they will expand it at the last minute, the way they sprung it at the last minute. Thanks to all who have been sending emails.

I sent a long email and I don't care whether I get a response or not. i just wanted to bring up my concerns.

I also submitted a comment to the Blog that is awaiting moderation. I think the reason why they have not shown it is because it mentions fleas and ticks. I've noticed that they are not posting any comments that elaborate on the safety and health reasons why someone does not want to stay at a resort that allows dogs.

Andre

As of recently I have witnessed some horrible Disney guests!! It makes me very upset to be honest. It seems to me thay have the attitude that they are on vacation so they shouldn’t have to pick up after themselves. Either that or they just don’t care. People leave their trash on tables in food courts. They leave their trash laying on the ground after parades, fireworks, etc. It breaks my heart to see people act like that in such a wonderful place and after all the hard work that cast members go to in order to keep eveything well maintained. Is it the majority? No absolutely not. I think many people are concerned about these type of people, and people that don’t care to follow the rules, that will be bringing animals to the resorts. They will ruin it for the other dog patrons I think. It only takes a few bad seeds to ruin it for the majority unfortunately.

For a state of emergency. Would hope you could see how that’s different. I commend WDW for opening their doors to evacuees during this storm. I was surprised they did. So many pets died in Katrina b/c ppl couldn’t evacuate with their pets. And for those of you who have reiterated that pets are not human, many humans died too b/c they stayed behind b/c of their pets.
Not to discredit how well Disney handled the state of emergency, they had to let pets stay, they did not have a choice. It was mandated by the governor of Florida that all hotels during Irma became pet friendly.

I read a post yesterday on one of the poll threads (I think) about a posters' personal experience at Universal, and I was thinking about a post a few pages back about how much more information there is about WDW versus other hotels/resorts due to social media and the like. Anyway, I searched more on the Universal forums here (with a variety of search terms) for more real life experiences. There's definitely some feedback there on some of the things discussed on this thread, if someone is interested on either side of the issue.

I've seen enough dog owners who don't have respect for other people's property to disagree here. While most owners are great, there is enough who aren't that Disney will either have to very strictly enforce, or the situation will devolves into the one described by @nicko.

Same here. People leave crap in our yard and even at the top of our driveway sometimes. The grass in front of our elementary school is ALWAYS littered with dog poop. And the local park is off limits to dogs during the kids' baseball season but you still find poop there the entire season. And this is a very well off area that generally prides itself on everything being well kept. It's a common compliant from neighbors. I have no faith they will do any better at Disney. Considering how guests have left resort rooms and bathrooms and how I see them leaving their garbage in the theatres too this isn't likely to be any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter