Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

So when you called you already had your three 60 day fastpasses selected? Do you know if DSS could see these selections while they were adding the purchased FP's on? I know some have said you can't book duplicates so just curious if they don't say anything, don't see it, or some other reason

Yes... I had my three regular 60+10 FP's booked for each day as of 7 that morning. I'm assuming they (DSS) could see them when I called DSS at 9AM as the DSS agent mentioned he saw the time of one of my ADR's and worked my evening FP around it. He did mention that he could see the day that they allowed us to have a duplicate --- that we were spending the day at Epcot and then he made the FP + that we purchased at Epcot --- so I'm assuming he could see it all.

Think it may be nothing more than THEY can't book 2 duplicates when doing special FP+ booking but they don't dwell on what you already have booked at 60 + 10 days since they're totally separate from the offer. Doing all 6 bookings for a day at 90 days is different as they are all booked at the same time and I'm guessing they're all special. Not sure but that's my guess.

Finally was able to book my 3 days for my upcoming trip In April!! Probably spent about 20-25 minutes on the phone to complete the everything..... Just like others have confirmed I was able to go in and modify the 3 non purchased fast passes (change times, change rides, and duplicate a tier 1 ride from my purchased fast passes)

Asked the CM about booking 2 night, 3 day Club Level if I could purchase this option and was told no it has to be 3 night minimum. I have to be honest though he sounded a little uncertain and hesitant in his answer so curious if he was absolutely sure.

I asked again if the reserved seating at Hollywood Studios could be for the Star Wars night show and not Fantasmic and again I was told that it could only be for Fantasmic :(

I also asked about TSMM being closed the week I would be there (April 13th-23rd) . He put me on hold to speak with someone and came back on saying that it should be open. I asked if he could check for availability for the days I was planning on going to Hollywood Studios and while I can’t be certain if he checked the actual system he said I would have no problem getting a fast pass.....

So I booked my 3 Xtra fast passes at Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Magic Kingdom and will wait till 60 days to book my Hollywood Studios days and see what’s available

Asked the CM about booking 2 night, 3 day Club Level if I could purchase this option and was told no it has to be 3 night minimum. I have to be honest though he sounded a little uncertain and hesitant in his answer so curious if he was absolutely sure.

Too funny. I asked the same question to a DSS CM today. The CM paused, but said yes, you should be able to book it with a two night CL stay. But I’ll use your exact words... the CM sounded a little uncertain about it! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

To answer one question above, if you have Signature Services book all 6 FP in a day, they still designate them as special or normal per your request. You are then free to use MDE to change your normal FP as you wish, including doubling up on some of the experiences you may have for your special FP. You just cannot have Signature Services do that at the same time. Basically, Signature Services will not give you more than one FP for a specific ride, but you can do that yourself with the normal FP. Of course, this may change in the future if they make this program permanent. If they make this permanent, I would not be surprised if they set it up so you can make all selections at the 90- day mark using MDE if you purchase the upgrade. If they do that, then perhaps the system will track all the FPs in the same way and prevent duplicates for the same ride.

So I booked my 3 Xtra fast passes at Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Magic Kingdom and will wait till 60 days to book my Hollywood Studios days and see what’s available

Why wait for your other FPs? You can have Signature Services do all of them for you now if you want. This gives you the best chance to get what you want for the normal FPs.

Why wait for your other FPs? You can have Signature Services do all of them for you now if you want. This gives you the best chance to get what you want for the normal FPs.

I can’t book fastpasses for the days that I didn’t purchase the additional fastpasses...

There are 3 park days that I purchased the additional fast passes... Epcot, animal kingdom and magic kingdom

I’m going to the parks 3 additional days during my trip 2 of which will be Hollywood Studios the other is another day at magic kingdom.. those can not be booked until my 60 day window

I had originally hypothesized that Disney may not have intended someone to be able to book duplicate fp's with the pilot. I like everyone else of course has been able to do so. Today when I called to change our test track club booked fp, the rep told me "it was interesting that we had been able to book a second test track" and I advised that we had also booked an extra FOP and that MDE was allowing this so we presumed we could. He stated that this wasn't the intent of Disney to the best of his knowledge unless something had changed that he wasn't aware of, and that the system "might" automatically correct this and that we should print out a copy of our fp's just in case we have an issue.

Just an fyi for everyone.

I had originally hypothesized that Disney may not have intended someone to be able to book duplicate fp's with the pilot. I like everyone else of course has been able to do so. Today when I called to change our test track club booked fp, the rep told me "it was interesting that we had been able to book a second test track" and I advised that we had also booked an extra FOP and that MDE was allowing this so we presumed we could. He stated that this wasn't the intent of Disney to the best of his knowledge unless something had changed that he wasn't aware of, and that the system "might" automatically correct this and that we should print out a copy of our fp's just in case we have an issue.

Just an fyi for everyone.
I was guessing the same thing you were. If that’s the case, I’m not surprised, but it does make it a bit less desirable as an add-on.

I was guessing the same thing you were. If that’s the case, I’m not surprised, but it does make it a bit less desirable as an add-on.
For us it doesn't matter really. I'll take advantage of it if available but I'd still purchase without that benefit. We generally only do 1 day of each park and sometimes not all the parks since we also go to Universal, and the ability to have 6 fp's incl. the top tier is well worth it for us. I don't even know for sure if we'll want the second FOP since I don't know if dh will or will not like the ride (he tends to like the simulator rides at Uni like gringott's so Im cautiously optimistic ) so if we lose the 2nd for that and TT im ok with that...

What honestly surprises me though is that if this was Disney's intention ie : to not have the duplicates....did no one in IT test this before release ? All I can say is if someone working for me was responsible for implementing a project and never tested before release....ummm we'd at minimum be having a serious discussion about what went wrong !

For us it doesn't matter really. I'll take advantage of it if available but I'd still purchase without that benefit. We generally only do 1 day of each park and sometimes not all the parks since we also go to Universal, and the ability to have 6 fp's incl. the top tier is well worth it for us. I don't even know for sure if we'll want the second FOP since I don't know if dh will or will not like the ride (he tends to like the simulator rides at Uni like gringott's so Im cautiously optimistic ) so if we lose the 2nd for that and TT im ok with that...

What honestly surprises me though is that if this was Disney's intention ie : to not have the duplicates....did no one in IT test this before release ? All I can say is if someone working for me was responsible for implementing a project and never tested before release....ummm we'd at minimum be having a serious discussion about what went wrong !

The gentleman I spoke to when I booked my 3 days of extra FP+ said the opposite i.e. that they were totally separate --- (but I booked the first day so things may definitely evolved.) Earlier that same morning I'd booked my 60 day passes then DSS added my extra passes. My preference would be that they'd offer more of a Universal Express Pass experience but I'm guessing they won't do that.

For us this would have tipped the balance to make it not worth it.... If they change it up on the fly to mess things up with booked FP+s that would make me VERY irritated -- fair enough if you change it later for future guests since they can decide if it's worth it on those terms --- but messing up existing plans for paying guests because the implementation wasn't what you expected would be a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:
The gentleman I spoke to when I booked my 3 days of extra FP+ said the opposite i.e. that they were totally separate --- (but I booked the first day so things may definitely evolved.) Earlier that same morning I'd booked my 60 day passes then DSS added my extra passes. My preference would be that they'd offer more of a Universal Express Pass experience but I'm guessing they won't do that.

For us this would have tipped the balance to make it not worth it.... If they change it up on the fly to mess things up with booked FP+s that would make me VERY irritated -- fair enough if you change it later for future guests since they can decide if it's worth it on those terms --- but messing up existing plans paying guests plans because the implementation wasn't what you expected would be a deal breaker for me.

I agree with you on the Universal Express Pass and sadly I agree Disney wont be doing that anytime soon.
We too booked early...think it was within a day or 2 of the program announcement. Then a few days later having read here that they added the ability to book our regular fp's also at the 90 day mark we called back to add those in. It was at that time we were first told no duplication. When I went on MDE to change a time it was then that I saw the ability to duplicate, then read about others seeing the same thing.

My thought at this point was that the first rep may have had it wrong. I already indicated what the rep said when I called back yesterday. Again today (since Disney just changed our park hours....grrrrr after I had everything finalized), I called back again and spoke with a very nice ss rep who reiterated that they have been told no duplications(paraphrasing) and they are not allowed to duplicate even if MDE allows it.

Im not sure what to make of it...but I definitely agree that I wont be thrilled if my plans get messed with. I've already changed the 2nd FOP to a 2nd Nav'i because of dh and we also have a 2nd TT which we may or may not use but I want to be the one in control of what we're doing. When I asked the fellow yesterday what they might do, when he suggested I have a hard copy he said..."just change the experience"...uh NO!!! If we have to change it, let me know first pls and ty. We would purchase either way BUT and its a big but for me...I am rather methodical in organizing our attractions with TP right down to the minute , in order etc. People ...do not...I repeat do not mess with my overly obsessive, ott scheduling :worried:!!!!

Last edited:
I agree with you on the Universal Express Pass and sadly I agree Disney wont be doing that anytime soon.
We too booked early...think it was within a day or 2 of the program announcement. Then a few days later having read here that they added the ability to book our regular fp's also at the 90 day mark we called back to add those in. It was at that time we were first told no duplication. When I went on MDE to change a time it was then that I saw the ability to duplicate, then read about others seeing the same thing.

My thought at this point was that the first rep may have had it wrong. I already indicated what the rep said when I called back yesterday. Again today (since Disney just changed our park hours....grrrrr after I had everything finalized), I called back again and spoke with a very nice ss rep who reiterated that they have been told no duplications(paraphrasing) and they are not allowed to duplicate even if MDE allows it.

Im not sure what to make of it...but I definitely agree that I wont be thrilled if my plans get messed with. I've already changed the 2nd FOP to a 2nd Nav'i because of dh and we also have a 2nd TT which we may or may not use but I want to be the one in control of what we're doing. When I asked the fellow yesterday what they might do, when he suggested I have a hard copy he said..."just change the experience"...uh NO!!! If we have to change it, let me know first pls and ty. We would purchase either way BUT and its a big but for me...I am rather methodical in organizing our attractions with TP right down to the minute , in order etc. People ...do not...I repeat do not mess with my overly obsessive, ott scheduling :worried:!!!!

I think the chances your fast passes will be changed or "messed with" is < 1%. This is typical for Disney IT to come up with an idea and execute it poorly. Perhaps this is a "loophole" that will be fixed in the future but I doubt it. I say book those duplicates without worry...

I think the chances your fast passes will be changed or "messed with" is < 1%. This is typical for Disney IT to come up with an idea and execute it poorly. Perhaps this is a "loophole" that will be fixed in the future but I doubt it. I say book those duplicates without worry...

I think you're right but I just wanted everyone who is purchasing to be aware of what I was told....just in case !

On another note if Disney does decide to make the pilot a permanent thing I hope they eventually give the guest the ability to modify the club fp's without the need to have to call in. Given that my park times have extended, I wanted to juggle a couple of fp's for our mk date to later in the day. They all were not yet loaded when I called in the other day so this am when I awoke I saw that they loaded for the extended hours and I could change if I so desired a couple of them. Only problem is in order to do so I need to change one of the club fp's which I cant do because of the SS limited hours. Since I am really busy with work today I may not be able to call between 9-5 which means we likely wont be able to switch at all since one of our changes involves 7dmt which while prolifically available now probably wont be by tomorrow. If we cant change I'll live with it(esp since I probably should wait to see if we can get a later bog once / if they also extend the dinner hours) but it is a bit frustrating and I can see where someone might find it very frustrating if a time change is really important to them.

Assuming the trial continues, I think the loophole will be fixed, eventually. But I think the fix will apply only for people trying to make duplicates after the fix happens. I agree that they're unlikely to undo any of your existing fast passes. At least not intentionally. :upsidedow

ETA: Personally, there's only 1 attraction I'd want to duplicate, and we all know what that is. There are other reasons to love the option, but the duplication option does make the deal ever more appealing.... We still haven't decided whether to take up the offer, mostly because we wanted to limit park time during the cabin portion of our stay.

Last edited:
Assuming the trial continues, I think the loophole will be fixed, eventually. But I think the fix will apply only for people trying to make duplicates after the fix happens. I agree that they're unlikely to undo any of your existing fast passes. At least not intentionally. :upsidedow

ETA: Personally, there's only 1 attraction I'd want to duplicate, and we all know what that is. There are other reasons to love the option, but the duplication option does make the deal ever more appealing.... We still haven't decided whether to take up the offer, mostly because we wanted to limit park time during the cabin portion of our stay.

I still would like to know if it is really a "loophole"...I get what the reps have told me but I also wonder, even knowing about the IT issues whether they could have actually unintentionally goofed in this manner....I think its possible that this was intentional to see how it all plays out....I also wonder if Disney will simply make them "anytime fp's" , and for which they would have a tremendous amount of labor savings in that they wouldn't have reps who have to spend all this time working on booking fp's....these are all just random thoughts though and we really wont know their intention for some time I suspect.

I still would like to know if it is really a "loophole"...I get what the reps have told me but I also wonder, even knowing about the IT issues whether they could have actually unintentionally goofed in this manner....I think its possible that this was intentional to see how it all plays out....I also wonder if Disney will simply make them "anytime fp's" , and for which they would have a tremendous amount of labor savings in that they wouldn't have reps who have to spend all this time working on booking fp's....these are all just random thoughts though and we really wont know their intention for some time I suspect.

I don't they will make them anytime fast passes. They wouldn't be able to track/predict crowds that way, unless the numbers are so small it wouldn't matter to them.

Morning.
Staying cl at the Poly the last week in August. I think we will be taking advantage of the extra f passes.

Suggestions please!
We will do 4 days of parks. Originally we were going to skip HS, but since my daughter saw it on GMA yesterday I guess we should do TSL.

So you can only do extra fast passes on 3 days correct? Can you do 4 days of 6 f passes.
So which 3 parks do you think it would be beneficial for?

We are doing MK, Epcot, HS and Animal Kingdom.

Thanks for any help!

Morning.
Staying cl at the Poly the last week in August. I think we will be taking advantage of the extra f passes.

Suggestions please!
We will do 4 days of parks. Originally we were going to skip HS, but since my daughter saw it on GMA yesterday I guess we should do TSL.

So you can only do extra fast passes on 3 days correct? Can you do 4 days of 6 f passes.
So which 3 parks do you think it would be beneficial for?

We are doing MK, Epcot, HS and Animal Kingdom.

Thanks for any help!
I'm pretty sure you can do this for as many days as you'd like. As long as you are in a qualifying room type. Three is the minimum.
I'm seriously thinking of doing this in June. I hope one of the days can be our check out day.

@Sunsetmom - I answered you on the CL thread as well, but yes, it can be for as many days as you’d like to pay for and have an eligible resort booked, with a minimum of three days.

I could see this coming in handy at HS once TSL opens, especially depending on what they do with tiering.

@EEva - yes, to my understanding, one of your days can be your check-out day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter