Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Not too long ago, a trainer was killed by one of the whales. They did away with the part you were missing due to that tragedy.

Glad you had a sunny dry day to start! The sting rays are fun to feed.

I do remember hearing about that.

The sting rays are fun! From what I remember the one in San Diego is pretty much the same as Florida.

great you had a dry morning for Sea World and the kids had fun feeding the sting rays and watching the show!

hope you are able to comfort the little ones dealing with the loss too :hug:

Hi! I am glad I found your tr. it's fun to see the pictures and remember our trip. We went in November. My son and I were at universal studios the week of Andrea. It sure was wet!! I look forward to reading about the rest of your trip!

We didn't do Sea World .. my boys were far too excited to go to Harry Potter World and Universal ! I sort of wish we had done it .. ;)

Great pics !

Questions from the younger ones are always the hardest at these times. :(

I'm glad they had a good time feeding the stingrays at Seaworld!

Hi! I am glad I found your tr. it's fun to see the pictures and remember our trip. We went in November. My son and I were at universal studios the week of Andrea. It sure was wet!! I look forward to reading about the rest of your trip!

Welcome!! Yes it was wet that week! It was hard at times to enjoy ourselves but we did have some great times too!

We didn't do Sea World .. my boys were far too excited to go to Harry Potter World and Universal ! I sort of wish we had done it .. ;)

Great pics !

I think Sea World was our best day besides the Star Wars Day. But that one went by so fast it was a blur! I was excited for HP but left disappointed because it was so wet that day we did not get to see a whole lot.

Tomorrow my sweet baby boy will be 8! He is SO excited for his birthday! He is having his friend over for the day and we are taking them to the park for lunch then ice cream afterward then to the lake for awhile.

Kara's surgery is coming up and it has been stressful trying to find someone to watch the other 2 during her surgery. Everyone seems to be on vacation that week! Kara is SUPER excited!! She is ready for fudgsicles, ice cream and unlimited movies while sleeping downstairs in the living room for a few days. Since the surgery involves her middle ear she can not walk up and down the stairs for a few days. Please keep her in your prayers for a successful surgery and that she will not need another one after this one!

Jackie

After the Shamu show we went to the kiddie area. Scott and Trevor went on a HUGE kids adventure play area. The girls and I went on a much smaller version :) The kids discovered a little water splash area and had fun running through the water. We were drenched!! It was SO hot that we dried off within 20 minutes or so. Allie and Kara went on the tea cups and LOVED it! The ones at Sea World are very small but I squeezed in there!! The kids went on roller coasters, tea cups and a few other kiddie rides. They had a blast! Sea World was not super busy but we were able to use our pass very easily there to get right on the rides. At times I felt guilty for using it. But it did help that Trev did not have to wait in the heat too so that made me feel a little better about it.

After the rides and a few carnival type games we decided to head over to shark encounters. The kids got to feed the sharks. They had a lot of fun doing this! One employee noticed Trev's button and came up to him a few questions about how his trip was and how he was enjoying Sea World. He then pulled a shark tooth from his pocket and showed the kids. They thought it was pretty cool! The employee asked Trev if he would like to keep it and Trev just grinned and shook his head yes :) The employee had said they just found it this morning as a shark had just lost it. Trev was SO excited!! He has shown everyone his shark tooth! He wants to put it on a necklace and wear it :)

We then walked over to the penguin exhibit to tour it. We went in line for the new ride and we were waiting in line for 30 minutes and still nobody had moved! We had seen a few people leave the line and a few employees scrambling around. The girls really had to go to the bathroom and after talking to the employees they had no idea how long the ride was going to be down nor could they tell us why it wasn't working. It was a bummer to stand in line that long and not be able to go on it. But the girls really had to go.

When we got outside to use the bathroom we noticed it was pretty quiet outside. Then we heard on the loudspeakers "for your safety go inside a storm is coming" of course that made me a little nervous. The outside rides were not running. So we decided to go check out the aquarium... Although it wasn't much of an aquarium! After about 20 minutes of being inside with nothing happening we decided to walk around a little. There were a few people outside still mostly waiting for the rides to open back up. I guess there were a few thunder/lightning storms in the area and they were close enough to the park they had to close the rides until the thunderstorms moved through. Thankfully nothing happened while we were there!

We then moved on to the dolphin feeding. There were 2 other MAW families there and we all got special "seating" at the dolphin feeding. It was great we did not have to wait in line as it was SUPER HOT outside. Trev was really starting to tire out and we were rethinking not having a stroller that day. Luckily there were a lot of places he could sit down in the shade. The kids loved feeding the dolphins and petting them. After feeding them each of the 3 wish families had their own trainer and own dolphin to pet and we got to make the dolphins do tricks! I think the favorite of the kids was to make the dolphins fart :) The whole experience was AMAZING!!

Trev, Grandpa and I went on the water ride Return of Atlantis... We were SOAKED and not because of the splash at the bottom of the ride! The girls really wanted to go on the ride but they were not tall enough. When we got off the ride we noticed Trev's button was MISSING!!! To top it off the ride scared him and that set the tone for the rest of the trip...

Sea World closed at 6 so we headed to the car. As soon as we got into the car it started to pour!! Luckily it lasted only a few minutes and waited until we were safely in the car. We made it back to the village in time for dinner and Trev got a new button. They said it happens all the time... Not sure if they were just trying to make me feel good :) We of course had ice cream again! This time banana splits. It was raining lightly and still warm outside. Since we were wet from the rain we decided to go swimming. The kids were SO tired and were asleep before 10pm with NO complaining! Sea World was an AMAZING day!! Next up Magic Kingdom...

Trev's shark tooth

Cooling off in the splash park!!

Happy Birthday Trevor!!!!

what a fun day you had, so cool the kids got to feed the sharks and dolphins and have the interaction with the dolphins! nice pixie dust of the shark tooth!

What a fun day at Sea World! We never seem to make it over to the rides. I don't remember there being Tea Cups the last time we did. It's been years though.

Trev was brave to try Atlantis. Was it the coaster part inside that got him, or the big hill?

Happy Birthday,Trevor!!

It's pouring outside as I type this. Another TS in the area, I think.

Happy birthday Trevor!

Sounds like a great day at Sea World despite the rain. The shark tooth looks really cool, what a great thing for the trainer to do!

I think losing the buttons must be pretty common. I remember my sister losing hers on It's A Small World, of all rides. :rotfl2:

Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Trev! He loved seeing all the birthday posts on here and FB :) We picked up his best friend and took them to the park and met some friends then later took him to the beach to meet up with my Dad and sister and her kids. He went to the store and picked out a lego set for his birthday then we went to dinner at Pizza Hut then took his friend home. This weekend is his birthday party. He is SO excited!! We will go swimming and then have a couple friends spend the night.

Kara is SUPER excited about her upcoming surgery... Trying to get play dates for the other two lined up and I have to go buy some quiet time activities for Kara to keep her occupied for the next few weeks... Of course the weather would have to be wonderful and hot... I was really hoping for a colder rainier second half of summer... It would be easier to have some quiet time activities.

What a fun day at Sea World! We never seem to make it over to the rides. I don't remember there being Tea Cups the last time we did. It's been years though.

Trev was brave to try Atlantis. Was it the coaster part inside that got him, or the big hill?

Happy Birthday,Trevor!!

It's pouring outside as I type this. Another TS in the area, I think.

He didn't really say what part scared him... No matter how much we have tried to get it out of him!

You guys can keep your TS's!! I have seen one too many :)

Happy birthday Trevor!

Sounds like a great day at Sea World despite the rain. The shark tooth looks really cool, what a great thing for the trainer to do!

I think losing the buttons must be pretty common. I remember my sister losing hers on It's A Small World, of all rides. :rotfl2:

Glad Trev wasn't the only one to lose his... I wonder how she lost it on IASW? Although, not sure how Trev lost it either as we were just sitting on the ride... It wasn't THAT fast!?! Probably because he was playing with it so much earlier in the day...

Jackie

We woke up early excited for the Magic Kingdom! We walked over to the Ice Cream Palace for eggs, toast and juice. We heard it was going to be a rainy day but we were hoping for the best. We left about 9:30 for MK. (It was REALLY hard to get up earlier with the 3 hour time difference!) What we were not prepared for was the 20 minute wait in the parking area just to park, the 10 minute wait for the tram and the 30 minute wait for the boat!

We FINALLY made it in at 11:30! Just in time for a short 5 minute parade. The kids loved it though! WE then walked toward the castle and at noon was a performance at the castle so we watched it. The kids loved watching it. We then headed for the teacups and Ariel's Grotto. We all walked in to go on the ride then Trev had a change of heart at the last minute crying because he did not want to go on the ride! So the others went ahead and I stayed behind with Trev. It was SUPER hot so we stayed in the walkway at the entrance instead of waiting outside. The girls LOVED it!! I really wished I could have gone but we would not have time to go back.

We went and put on more sunscreen since it was SO hot... Little did we know we could have waited for that... About 10 minutes later the skies opened up and it was POURING!!!! We were soaked within a couple minutes even though we got our ponchos on as fast as we could! The kids had fun stomping in the puddles. We decided to head for Monsters Laugh factory since it was dry in there. After about an hour the rain decided to stop (for now anyway). HUGE puddles were everywhere! of course the kids had to continue stomping in them as we walked over to Buzz Lightyear. The kids enjoyed shooting all the targets! We then went and drove cars... Good thing the kids are a few years from getting their licenses! They are crazy drivers! We then went on the Pirates of the Caribbean. I think that was Kara's favorite ride so far. Trev again got scared and did not want to go on... Scott stayed behind this time and eventually Trev got on. A CM gave him a sword for being brave and going on it... Trev did enjoy the ride was he tried it.

We came out and it started to rain again!! Not normal rain but the torrential downpours! The skies decided to open up again!! Our feet hadn't even dried out from the first time it poured on us!

Darn that rain !! :worried:

A few years ago we had a whole week of rain in Disney and it was a bummer. I"m sorry you guys had to deal with that.

Yikes so much rain! At least the kids enjoyed the puddles :rotfl2:

Sounds like you guys did a lot and had fun anyway!

Saturday was my friends funeral. It was really hard. I hadn't really cried until I went into the church then I just lost it! We had Trev's birthday party that afternoon too. It was great! The boys were wrestling and Trev got his tooth knocked out! Luckily it was a baby tooth! 6 boys came over and played video games and ate pizza then 3 went home and the ones that stayed the night finally went to bed at 11:30 and they woke up at 6am! Crazy kids!!

Kara's surgery is Wednesday at noon. Surgery is scheduled for 4 hours with a possibility to stay the night. Please keep my sweet babe in your prayers!

I just realized you started you TR :cool1:

Looks like everyone is having a great time. :goodvibes

Glad you found my TR!

Darn that rain !! :worried:

A few years ago we had a whole week of rain in Disney and it was a bummer. I"m sorry you guys had to deal with that.

Truthfully part of the trip was miserable with all that rain. When I look back to last month that is the part that we still remember... Of course we remember our one DRY day too which was Trev's actual wish for SWW!

Yikes so much rain! At least the kids enjoyed the puddles :rotfl2:

Sounds like you guys did a lot and had fun anyway!

My kids love puddles :) But eventually they too got tired of the puddles and rain!

Jackie

While it was raining AGAIN we decided to see the princesses. We were hoping it would let up by the time we were done. The girls LOVED every minute of their time with the princesses... Trev could care less! We then headed over and seen Mickey. After getting pics and autographs we headed outside hoping the rain had stopped... It had not. We stayed huddled under covered areas as the rain was coming down so hard. People were exited the park in mass amounts. We were hopeful it would let up and we could stay for the electrical parade. But that of course was cancelled. After an hour of standing in the rain with cranky kids we decided to head for the exit. By this time it was over 2 hours of heavy rain and the kids and us were not having very much fun. The parades were cancelled. Here we were planning to stay until midnight soaking it all in instead we were soaking in the rain...

Of course we promised the kids souvenirs when we left. But you could not get into any shops as so many people were inside trying to wait it out. As we were headed out I was getting upset and started to cry. I wanted so much for a magical day for Trev and it was not turning out to be so magical. It had rained so much that we were tired of the rain. We were hoping to escape the rain from home and enjoy hot humid weather for a change! I had prepared myself for rain every afternoon but from what everyone had said it would last 30-40 minutes and be done. So many people were leaving at once it took over an hour just to get on the ferry. Of course we were standing in the pouring rain. Our ponchos and umbrellas were working overtime and by this point we were drenched even with them! By morning our shoes would still be soaked!

It was raining so much that at one point Allie asked " Is Ariel swimming now?" It was SO cute!

Next up Animal Kingdom... Will the rains continue?

Heavy rains were headed our way...

The morning started off warm and muggy. I was sure the forecasters would be wrong! We ate at the Gingerbread House then off for ice cream and a quick trip on the carousal. We were finally headed off to Animal Kingdom. We put on our sunscreen and less than 30 minutes torrential downpours!! It even felt like it was hailing! It was raining so hard we decided to seek cover with everyone else. This time it lasted about 45 minutes. We were packed like sardines under the covered area. You didn't see anyone walking around! It finally stopped and we went on the Safari ride. It was great!! We then went over to It's Tough to be a Bug. After that we went to a little covered area as the girls seen some people to trade pins with. We decided to stay under the covered area as a parade was getting ready to start. We decided to do that in case it started to rain. Which of course it started to rain AGAIN as soon as the parade started. At least we were under covered area this time to begin with! This time it was only a light rain but we were weary for what was sure to follow. Kara had to use the bathroom so her and I walked in the LIGHT rain to the bathrooms. In the 5 minutes we were in there we walked out to HARD rain with HAIL!! Needless to say we stayed in the bathrooms for about an hour. It was raining SO hard this is not the Florida weather I have been dreaming about! Everyone was so tired of the rain. Our feet were blistered from walking in the rain all day the day before. The kids no longer enjoyed puddle jumping. Trev just wanted to go home. Again it was hard for me to enjoy myself when this was Trev's wish trip and it was not feeling so magical anymore. It took over 2 hours for the rains to stop. We decided to head for the exit. Again the kiddos did not get their souvenirs. This time they did not take it so well. We told them we would go to Walmart on the way to our villa.

Waiting for the rain to stop...

Kara had her surgery last week. She was a rock star!! They did find more growths and were able to repair her ear drum so we are hopeful her full hearing will be restored! Only time will tell. Here are a few pics.
87E958E8-1A0F-485F-93B8-5AFE68ED8A9F-7242-0000046F7884C1BF_zps88ee732c.jpg
[/IMG]

EF885697-4027-42C1-8997-E8D38805B938-7242-0000046F8B2B970E_zpsbd33d020.jpg

4EF17248-E125-4D12-9BBD-9C143718D5CC-7242-0000046F9B997C0B_zps645c9f75.jpg

A45633EF-5984-4661-92F6-F99319BD519F-7242-0000046FA6BA78A7_zpscfd7261c.jpg

This was 5 hours after surgery!! She was in a good mood after her strong meds kicked on!

I will try and finish some more of the TR now that Kara is feeling better.

Jackie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter