"Treat Yourself" December 2021 Exercise Challenge

High fives to Elizabeth Smith for reaching Rolling Pin Red, to ljcrochet for jumping way past Gumdrop Green, and to Raya for exceeding Gumdrop Green yet again with her stretch goal! You all rock!:charac4::hmghost::charac4::hmghost::charac4::hmghost:

We need some roll out cookies to decorate for our color changers today, and these are just the thing:

Mickey Gingerbread Cookies
Mickey Gingerbread Cookies

CREDIT: COURTESY OF SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND

"Why have a gingerbread person when you can have a gingerbread Mickey? The pastry chefs from Shanghai Disneyland have shared their recipe, plus their go-to ratio for royal icing. All you need is this Mickey-shaped cookie cutter. If you have a regular gingerbread person cookie cutter, you can easily fake the Mickey shape by adding two tiny circles of dough for ears.
Get the Recipe: Mickey Gingerbread Cookies"

If you want to get super fancy, you could even use gumdrops for the buttons or bow tie. I especially love the Duffy bear, and a quick google search led me to Duffy cookie cutters from a couple of sites. Not sure how reputable the sites are, so I hesitate to link, yet it seems the cutters do exist.

+120

1025/1200

ETA: We have an incredibly devastating fire burning just northwest of us. Started this morning and has already burned the most homes in Colorado history (over 500 so far--entire subdivisions right next to the highway to Boulder). It looks like our immediate area will be OK, but this still is scary close. So sad for all the folks affected.

Last edited:
Yesterday was rough... I have friends near the fires, and wow. It's scary. Life is is just so uncertain in general. It's hard not knowing what state I'll live in 45 days from now, or what job I'll be working (or if I'll be working), and on and on. :(

So, I took a 10 minute YETI (Year End Thankfulness and Intention) walk yesterday and did my Thursday run (25 minutes) this morning. Both of those really helped my mood. Here's hoping 2022, will be a better year than the last one!

505/310 - 163%
505/465 - 109%

I cannot believe we are already at the last day of the month and of 2021! Wow. Wishing you all a happy new year! I've enjoyed spending this past year with you all and look forward to more time together in 2022.

We have a few color changes today, but do send in your minutes if you have more to add after this post. I will close out the month in a day or two.

Congrats to BonnieF for reaching Pastry Purple and to Twilight Sparkle (me) and our TEAM for reaching Rolling Pin Red! party:

Maybe this fun, fruity recipe can help you bring in the new year:

https://www.themainstreetmouse.com/2021/12/30/new-years-eve-recipe-idea-to-add-magic-to-your-day-2/

+120

1025/1200

ETA: We have an incredibly devastating fire burning just northwest of us. Started this morning and has already burned the most homes in Colorado history (over 500 so far--entire subdivisions right next to the highway to Boulder). It looks like our immediate area will be OK, but this still is scary close. So sad for all the folks affected.
Geez. That's so scary! Glad you're okay, but that's horrible!

Adding 20 minutes from yesterday to end the month!
800/800

Happy New Year, everyone! Thanks for another great year of movement!

Happy New Year, everyone, and thanks for the good wishes. Our house and area was indeed fine, though it looks like the fires wrought even greater damage than they originally thought. There are no confirmed fatalities yet, but 2 people reported missing. We got several inches of snow yesterday, so hopefully that will end any smoldering embers. Raya, I hope your friends are OK!

I have 45 minutes to add, to end at 1070/1200. I think that was my worst performance ever. Ah well, it’s a new year now!

Thank you, Twilight Sparkle, for hosting a delicious month!

Last edited:
Happy New Year, everyone, and thanks for the good wishes. Our house and area was indeed fine, though it looks like the fires wrought even greater damage than they originally thought. There are no confirmed fatalities yet, but 2 people reported missing. We got several inches of snow yesterday, so hopefully that will end any smoldering embers. Raya, I hope your friends are OK!

I have 45 minutes to add, to end at 1070/1200. I think that was my worst performance ever. Ah well, it’s a new year now!

Thank you, Twilight Sparkle, for hosting a delicious month!
I hope the snow put out the fires!

Not the best month for me, either, so you're not alone.

And you are very welcome!

Sorry it took me a few days to get back here. Between the new year, my bday, and snow, I've been far too busy. However, part of that hustle and bustle was seeing Hamilton again, so I'm definitely not mad! : )

Considering the holidays we had this month, we didn't fare too badly individually or as a TEAM, so great job all around! We have 2 more color changes to close out the month. Congrats to PollyannaMom for turning Rolling Pin Red and to Elizabeth Smith for ending at goal and Gumdrop Green! Our Team reached 95% of goal!!! Way to go, everyone! Thanks for hanging out with me despite the craziness of the month. Looking forward to seeing you all in the Jan thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter