Travel Agents at the Fort

We have a "full hook up site" reserved. We are in the process of renting a 5th wheel and we were asked what kind of site we had. I told them and they asked if we would want upgraded to premium, I said sure, how does that happen considering they're all sold out. I was told they could work something out, but could not guarantee it. When the rental agreement forms came just last night, in addition to the agreement and waiver was a "booking transfer request form" that I am to sign. It states that my travel agent would assume ownership of the reservation.

I also can't find any reviews on this outfit but it sure seems to have plenty of exposure and history around the web. I'm sure they are legit but I wanted to share my current "real time" experience going on last night and today.

PLEASE ADVISE:hourglass Since I need to sign and pay my deposit.

Signed,
Son of a TA, 10 year DVC owner, never stayed at the Fort.
Looking for a different experience.

IF the 5th wheel you are renting is going to be delivered at the fort there is a pretty good chance you are dealing with one of these people who are involved with the problem travel agent at the fort. There is NO need for you to turn your site reservation over to a T.A. These rental companies are suppose to have you check in then they are basically waiting for you in the over flow area to deliver their rentals. That is the fort rules. As someone said yeah you would think it wouldnt be profitable for an agent to scrounge for Ft. W travel but this person doesnt do the work a normal agent does. She tried to allure people in by offering them free bar drinks at her site while giving her spill. Several of these rental companies are the TAs personal buddies and so they are symbiotic and thats probably why they want you to transfer your reservtions. This sounds all to familar, thats one thing she was alledgely doing, having guests assign her as the TA in exchange she would give them things.

How a legit TA works is they get a commission back from WDW. So you arent paying for the service. However, some unethical TAs have made their own schemes using what is suppose to be their own personal use TA benefit discounts to give kick backs to guests. Your reservation should always have your name on it, not any other person or business.

FortCamper1972 said:
IF the 5th wheel you are renting is going to be delivered at the fort there is a pretty good chance you are dealing with one of these people who are involved with the problem travel agent at the fort. There is NO need for you to turn your site reservation over to a T.A. These rental companies are suppose to have you check in then they are basically waiting for you in the over flow area to deliver their rentals. That is the fort rules. As someone said yeah you would think it wouldnt be profitable for an agent to scrounge for Ft. W travel but this person doesnt do the work a normal agent does. She tried to allure people in by offering them free bar drinks at her site while giving her spill. Several of these rental companies are the TAs personal buddies and so they are symbiotic and thats probably why they want you to transfer your reservtions. This sounds all to familar, thats one thing she was alledgely doing, having guests assign her as the TA in exchange she would give them things.

I promised myself not to get involved but this post is so much BS it isn't funny. I spend over 150 days at the FORT and rental units, pop-ups, travel trailers and fifth-wheels are placed on sites day in and day out long before the renter/guests arrive. Several of the trailer vendors even go grocery shopping and have the food in the unit before the guests arrive. So it is very obvious that FORTCAMPER1972 you don't have a clue as to what actually goes on at the FORT and where are you getting your rules?????

These rental companies are suppose to have you check in then they are basically waiting for you in the over flow area to deliver their rentals. That is the fort rules.

Uh, no. Those haven't been the rules for a long time.

I agree with happycamper that part of this doesn't add up. Yes, the TA in site 114 is no longer welcome, that much is not in dispute. How or why she is no longer welcome I really don't care-WDW management made that call. But there have been a number of trailer rental vendors (three come to mind easily) that can come in BEFORE the WDW guest arrives to set up in advance. Disney WELCOMES them because they are legitimate businesses NOT IN COMPETITION with anything WDW offers (like golf cart rentals) and they GROW WDW revenues by renting trailers that the folks in turn rent sites from DISNEY from which grows DISNEY revenue.

No one here has ever said one of the three companies referenced above was prevented from coming in and setting up early. Let's keep to the facts and not stray into opinions or hearsay.

I can't say there are more than the three so as always Caveat Emptor <Latin for "Buyer Beware"> but the rules are different now.

Or better yet, please admins, again I ask (this time publicly) you to lock this thread.

Bama Ed

Agree with the setting up early and WDW welcoming. We are renting a trailer, the said they will be set up by our arrival time and when I let the fort know that the company would be doing this their reply was "excellent". I agree it expands the use of the fort and dealing with. Few regulars who know the rules, know how best to set up etc is probably a pleasure for the CM. Versus us setting our tent up at 10pm last time and needing to move in the morning because the CS light was so bright we could read inside our tent.

WOW! This thread is an eye opener....I had NO idea that RV's were delivered to site for folks to camp in them!!:scared1:

For us it's a way to try out a pop up and see if that's our next step. We tent camp but at our age our knees make such noise getting up and down from air mattresses that the little woodsy creatures complained to Mother Nature.

I may have been mistaken that the fort does not allow camper rentals to come in. I own an rv but previously you DID HAVE TO CHECK IN and then and only then could the rental company bring the RV in. We rented from 3 different vendors, 2 of which I am pretty sure does still do business. The fort got very lax on a lot of stuff for a while. I won't be surprised if the new management doesnt crack down.
Also, I know for a fact that certain agent stratches the back and visa versa of some of these rental people.:cheer2:

I have seen at least 6 sites set up with rental units well in advance of the arrival of the renters,one directly across from me just a week ago, I don't think that adversely affects the fort.
It would also appear that the 1 vehicle max is gone, I have seen many sites with 2 and 3 cars on their site as well as more than 10 people to a site. From what I have seen this trip its pretty much do as you please in the fort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter