Trattoria al Forno Chracter Breakfast already all booked up???

Crisi83

Mouseketeer
I'm so frustrated right now. I just happened to think about the new Ariel and Rapunzel breakfast today and decided to look it up. Saw dates were just announced. Went to try to book it, website says not until March 1 but I was already on hold with ADR so I stayed on to ask some other questions. Asked them to check on the breakfast and found out they'd been booking all day and it was already totally gone for my dates. Grrrr... How do people find out so fast? How many people are going my exact same days and want to eat there??? *sigh* Feeling kind of angry with disney right now for saying one thing but booking it all up anyways...

Keep looking on the app and you might find one as people change plans. I tried all morning and kept getting glitches. Finally got a 9am late this afternoon. Kept trying and finally got a 7:40.

Sorry I had this in the wrong forum, I only just discovered there is a dining subforum...

Keep looking on the app and you might find one as people change plans. I tried all morning and kept getting glitches. Finally got a 9am late this afternoon. Kept trying and finally got a 7:40.

Glad to know maybe there is hope... I would have thought the person on the phone would have final knowledge, but who knows. I'll keep looking...

Why does the website say booking is March 1st if you can already book?

Because they hate us -_-

What date are you looking for? There have been tons of glitches in the system over the past couple days, especially involving the new Trattoria character breakfast. People have been told over the phone it's all booked up when it isn't, the dates just weren't loading properly. So keep checking.

I called twice yesterday and once today and can not get a reservation. I've also looked online several times a day

I tried last night and this morning and had a lot of difficulty getting a reservation- only a couple times showed up and it depended on the size of the party. Just now, it went back to the "no tables available" message that it had been saying prior to the booking opening. I plan to keep trying- even with a character breakfast, it is really hard to believe that all the times are booked in a day. I tend to think it is more a glitch...and that would not be something the dining people on the phone would know. Happens all the time with dessert parties and other dining events where people are told that they have no availability when it is just that they have not opened for booking.

@Cinderella94 can you point me in the direction of the DPB post? I could not find any other than the original "it's coming" post. Not that I don't believe you, I just wanted to see it!

The spot where it says it is a mistake is in the comments on the Disney Park Blog. It was written by Rachel Bshero the author of the article "new character dining experience, bon voyage breakfast to debut April 2 at Trattoria al Forno at Disney's Boardwalk"

I tried last night and this morning and had a lot of difficulty getting a reservation- only a couple times showed up and it depended on the size of the party. Just now, it went back to the "no tables available" message that it had been saying prior to the booking opening. I plan to keep trying- even with a character breakfast, it is really hard to believe that all the times are booked in a day. I tend to think it is more a glitch...and that would not be something the dining people on the phone would know. Happens all the time with dessert parties and other dining events where people are told that they have no availability when it is just that they have not opened for booking.

@Cinderella94 can you point me in the direction of the DPB post? I could not find any other than the original "it's coming" post. Not that I don't believe you, I just wanted to see it!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...2-at-trattoria-al-forno-at-disneys-boardwalk/

Scroll down far into the comments and read this Q&A in the comments (question posted at 11:19 AM)

"The Disney Dining page where you make a reservation says this: “Reservations for April 2, 2017 and beyond will be accepted starting March 1, 2017.” I made a reservation this morning. Will it be honored?

• Hi Samantha! I apologize for the confusion, the ‘March 1’ date on the website is an error, as reservations are now open. The appropriate teams are working to correct the Trattoria al Forno webpage. If you were able to make a reservation this morning for breakfast April 2 and beyond, and received a confirmation number, you are all set for the Bon Voyage Breakfast character dining experience!"

I was able to book two breakfasts during our August trip today- I had to call on the phone for the first one, then I wanted a different day instead, and had to book that using the app. Online was not working. However, there were no times until the last 3 days of our 7 day trip.

I'm so frustrated right now. I just happened to think about the new Ariel and Rapunzel breakfast today and decided to look it up. Saw dates were just announced. Went to try to book it, website says not until March 1 but I was already on hold with ADR so I stayed on to ask some other questions. Asked them to check on the breakfast and found out they'd been booking all day and it was already totally gone for my dates. Grrrr... How do people find out so fast? How many people are going my exact same days and want to eat there??? *sigh* Feeling kind of angry with disney right now for saying one thing but booking it all up anyways...
the reservations for this opened yesterday morning & they have had nothing but issues & glitches ever since. Keep trying to get your ADR. I've also read where people are considering cancelling their ADR as they don't like the menu so, there is a chance you will get a ADR.

Guess I'll keep at it... looking for a party of six on April 20 or 25... or really we could rearrange our schedule and do most days during out trip, but everything is totally booked, even small group numbers. That just seems so crazy that it could all be booked already. Hopefully it is the system still glitching... I'm searching for a reservation anytime I think of it during the day.

I was able to get a reservation for may 2. Using chrome nothing ever came up, but then I used internet explorer and the time came up, so I grabbed it. I read somewhere that you'll have better luck with internet explorer, not sure if it's true - but it worked for me :)
Good luck!

Guess I'll keep at it... looking for a party of six on April 20 or 25... or really we could rearrange our schedule and do most days during out trip, but everything is totally booked, even small group numbers. That just seems so crazy that it could all be booked already. Hopefully it is the system still glitching... I'm searching for a reservation anytime I think of it during the day.
Same thing happening to me for July. Plan to keep looking, too. Hoping it's a glitch as well.

I would keep looking because some people have bookings that they have no option to cancel or change, including me. MDE just has a spinning circle instead of options. I know I will need to change mine when I can and will probably phone them if it doesn't resolve soon

Are we sure that all of them are available to book? It does seem strange every slot would already be booked up when only so many of us see these releases quickly.

I guess if we can't get the reservation, that's okay, Rapunzel's hair isn't long enough anyway…

The first week of April is the only time that has been completely ungettable since the reservations were put up/taken down/put back up. I got an ADR for April 6 when reservations opened at 6 a.m., but haven't been able to find another for those few days since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter